Halton Window & Door Company

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Halton Hills ON L7G 1P4
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Georgetown  >  Halton Window & Door Company

Reviews for Halton Window & Door Company

bob_comport in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada M9W6L4
bob_comport in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada M9W6L4
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Door Sweep needed to be replaced

I called the company to look for assistance in replacing and obtaining the door sweep on our door. I expected that I would replace it myself. I received a call from Anthony on a Tuesday evening as a follow up to my phone call. He was prepared to replace it that night and was leaving Georgetown and would be in Milton within 30 minutes. He arrived and replaced the the door sweep free of charge. We had two doors and two windows replaced in 2011 by Halton Window and Door Company. This is a great example of taking care of the customer.

No problem at all Bob.We were happy to help.
Thank you for your kind words.

Susan in Halton Hills
Susan in Halton Hills

Window repacement

Very satisfied. Windows look great. Installers arrived on time & finished on time. They left the house clean & picked up everything outside. My wife feels the house is warmer. Great job!

Hi Susan,
Thank you for the great review!We love hearing back from our customers.We are glad you love your windows!
We are happy to hear that you felt we did a great job!We do take pride in our work.

Thanks again it is appreciated.

OakvilleResident
OakvilleResident

6 years

We like the style of our door after 6 years. Unfortunately the door sweep is torn. I suppose this is an easy fix to make new again. We get tons of compliments as people walk on the sidewalk.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Rob, This is not a fair review at all. If you needed a service call, a new sweep or whatever the case may be, all you had to do was call us. We are more than fair with everybody. You can be sure that our products are excellent quality and there will be no need to replace your doors at any time in the near future, they will last for years. We did your door 6 years ago and changed the sweep about 5 years ago. We haven't heard of anything since and now you put this review up without even notifying us there's an issue.

Private User reviews Milton, ON

New Doors

If you are looking for curb appeal on your place, call this bunch. Our new doors made the house a home. Mike and his team are a great. They showed such a great respect to us and our home. When small issues came about they are quick to resolve them.

Thanks so much !!

Annoyed in
Annoyed in

Poor customer service

We had a new front door installed with a few minor issues. Anthony, the installer was very patient and worked with us to resolve most of them. The major problem was that the door would not fully close without slamming it. We were told it was because we had purchased a Weiser lock and they recommended a Schlage. To resolve the issue we were told to purchase another lock. I found this unacceptable and after further examination on my part I determined that the problem was a thick piece of weatherproofing, a dust seal, installed at the bottom of the door jamb. I replaced this with a thinner piece and the problem is resolved. We informed them of this but they would not admit that they were wrong. In summary, I would recommend the product and installation but their customer service absolutely sucks

LGrice in Georgetown
LGrice in Georgetown
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Windown and Door installation

We went with Halton Window and Door because other people we know who researched picked them. Mike & crew did a wonderful job - the worksite was very neat and the house stayed warm despite being a winter job. We love our new windows and doors. And the trimming they did afterwards was utterly beautiful - no silicone needed as the fit was perfect.

The cost of our project was high due having many windows including the presence of 10 small semi-circular windows that are very difficult to make. Anthony was very apologetic about the high cost. He went back to the manufacturer to negotiate a lower cost and reduced his cut to bring the cost down.

Thank you !
We appreciate your kind words !

JD in Toronto
JD in Toronto
1 review Acton, ON

Full window replacement

We had most of the windows on the main floor of our home replaced including a bow window. Work was well done for the most part although attention to detail was severely lacking in one instance. The issue was rectified adequately once pointed out.

On the whole, I can recommend with a few reservations. Mike (co-owner and main installer) can be moody and does not like complications. The company carries good quality product, and for a straightforward retrofit (vs brick-to-brick) job I wouldn't see any major issues with hiring. After-service can take a week or two as this is a small business. Also be aware that some other local Halton companies do offer a longer installation warranty.

Len in Georgetown
Len in Georgetown
4 reviews GEORGETOWN, ON

all windows including a new bay window

Anthony's (part owner-sales) quote was was one of several we received mid August for installation in ~10 weeks. Weather delayed this to early November. Mike (part owner-installer), Sean and Dom arrived to tear out old and install 22 new windows. The whole install took 3 days and went -->extremely<-- smoothly.

It was distressful to see my home being torn apart with sawzalls but when I saw how competently and professionally the work was being done, my fears were gone. Even when I offered my 2c, all comments and suggestions were addressed and adequately answered. I have amateur experience at home renos so I did ask from some experience.

Clean up was quick and efficient. Sure there were some bits and pieces left that I cleaned up but that debris fit into one hand. The driveway was then swept--and then vacuumed.

Would I hire/recommend Halton Windows? Based on this install, yes. Without hesitation.

Caveat--I have no after-install experience with Halton Windows (this being my first time employing them) so time will tell if my opinion changes.

Laura Leenhouts in Georgetown
Laura Leenhouts in Georgetown
1 review GEORGETOWN, ON

Window and door with transom

Halton Window & Door Company
Halton Hills
L7G 1P4

I have very little to say about my experience with this company that is good: The installation was efficient and took place on the scheduled day.

I have a lot to say that is bad: The quote was written up wrong twice; there were many screws in the sawdust that was left all over the driveway, along with a large pile of vinyl shavings in the garden; damage was done to interior walls and not fully repaired, and the caulking is already pulling away.

Anthony is the person who makes the quote and Mike was the installer. If you hire this company make sure you double check everything because they don't check ANYTHING!

More about Halton Window & Door Company

The Halton Window & Door Company of Georgetown Ontario offers you a refreshing approach.
Deal directly with us from start to finish…no sub-contractors, no pushy salespeople, no false specials, no hassle, and free in home estimates.

We offer top quality products backed by the best warranties in the business.

Every job we do is measured, quoted and installed by us, from the first phone call to the last bead of caulking.

Our fully stocked showroom, located at 374 Guelph street in Georgetown, gives our customers peace of mind that they are dealing with a company who is serious about their business. Visit our showroom to see our full line of windows and our impressive collection of Doors and door glass.