Gem Windows and Doors

Reviews for Gem Windows and Doors

MJE in Etobicoke
MJE in Etobicoke

complete window/patio door installation

Gem was recommended to us by neighbours and they did not disappoint. Jim was extremely helpful. The written quote was very detailed which helped when we decided a year later to go ahead with the purchase. The prices were comparable to the non-written quotes but it's hard to compare the quality of the materials if the other companies aren't able to provide this in writing. The options for windows (surprisingly, there is lots to consider) was explained thoroughly and the details on the purchase order helped to ensure everything went smoothly. The installation was fantastic! Walter and Chris worked well together installing all the windows on 3 floors, a storm door and a very large patio door. They were careful to protect floors while working and paid attention to even the smallest of details. I can't say enough about the quality of the workmanship. I am very happy with the results!! I would recommend Gem to anyone looking for windows and/or doors. Thank you GEM for all you did to ease our stress during this substantial purchase.

Hwatts in Toronto
Hwatts in Toronto

Patio Doors

Replaced patio doors. Installers were very professional, installation went well. Protected floors during work and cleaned up after. Doors look lovely and help keep the summer heat out. Very pleased.

New windows and sliding door

I had a great experience with GEM Windows and Doors again. I used them for a small job at a prior home and was pleased with the result - changing a window into 3 French doors with access to the backyard. This time I needed to replace 20 windows and a sliding door in my town house.

I still got 3 quotes and GEM was still the best price and Paul suggested an alternative approach which created more cost savings. The installation guys were very professional and cleaned the site as they went along. The job was completed quickly and without a lot of disruption.

I have already seen savings on my heating bill after the first month!

Thanks to Paul and all of the installation guys! If I do this again I probably won't bother with other quotes (lots of less than reputable people out there) and will just call Paul at GEM again!

smilingsusie
smilingsusie

Installation of New Back Screen Door

I love my new back screen door that was just installed today. The installation technician came right on time and the job was done in an hour! I liked working with the original sales representative, but have to say between the time I put the deposit down and got the installation done, there was quite a bit of time between getting my door installed. I was not kept up to date on the progress of the installation of my screen door. I was the one that had to keep calling GEM Windows and Doors and that was a bit upsetting for me. Their communication could be better. However when I did call GEM Windows the representatives were polite. I wasn't always able to speak to the person in charge of installation as they were busy, so there was a lot of telephone tag going on! I am very happy with the outcome, albeit a bit of work on my part to get connected to a representative between my initial deposit and installation. Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We're glad that 'smilingsuzie' is happy with her new screen door. We were delayed in getting the opening remeasured due to catching up with all the postponed non-GreenOn installs from 2018. So, we had limited info to pass on early on after the order was placed. There was no shortage of polite, friendly people to answer the phone at GEM where we take pride in not sending our customers down an automated rabbit hole!

Leslie S.
Leslie S.

Windows and Entey door

Gem Windows and Doors did an amazing job. Right from the start with my sales Rep and the office staff were very helpful with picking out the right products and didn’t oversell me. The installers came promptly on the day of installation and did an amazing job, they were polite, professional and friendly and they also cleaned up after. Thank you Gem window and Doors for a great experience.

G & A in Vaughan
G & A in Vaughan

New windows, front door and patio door

We had initially purchased two doors from Gem last year and were very happy with the customer service in store and after purchase (Tas was very patient and informative). We were also very happy with the quality of the product and the professional installation (Ziggy and his team are very good at what they do). When we decided to replace all of the windows and patio door for our home last fall, we didn’t hesitate to go back to Gem, and work with Tas again! Once again, Tas was extremely helpful and was always quick to answer any questions we had along the way. The windows and doors look beautiful!

Thank you for the kind words.

Repeat business is so important in our industry and we always appreciate when a customer comes back. It is because of great customers like you that GEM has been in business for over 57 years and counting.

Thank you again for the review.

Laurene in Etobicoke
Laurene in Etobicoke

New Windows

The staff at GEM Windows & Doors were a pleasure to work with from start to finish and made the whole process a positive experience. I received excellent customer service, great attention to detail, and good communication from the company. All appointments with sales rep and installers were honored and punctual. The windows were expertly installed, and the house was left with minimal clean-up. The new windows are a beautiful addition to my home and I would highly recommend this company to family and friends.

Laurene,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Making a large purchase for your home can be overwhelming at times, here at GEM we do our best to minimize this and give you the confidence that you know what you are getting and you'r happy with it.

We have a great team here from start to finish, and we are every proud of them.

Nicole in Toronto
Nicole in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Windows Replacement

Most of the window salesmen I talked to had a long list of discounts if I signed immediately. Gem gave me a quote and waited until I could sit down with them and get my questions answered. It was a good experience and I bought from them.

Nicole,
Thank you for the kind review, at GEM we provide our customers with great pricing from the start, not discount gimmicks. It is also important to us that our customers understand what they are purchasing and are going to be happy when it is on their home.

Jason in Toronto
Jason in Toronto

New Windows

I had GEM windows and Doors come out and give a price on replacing some rather lager office windows. The weather was a factor for the installation so it was delayed but the windows were measured incorrectly so that delayed things a little further. Luckily the old windows hadn't been taken out yet. They were quick to correct the issue and now the windows are in. They look great and we notice the difference in temperature inside now is much warmer.

Jason,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a smooth beginning, but it is warming to hear that you are happy with the final outcome. GEM takes care of their customers, there was an error and we put are team on rectifying the situation. It is important that people also see that in times of error GEM steps up and does not shy away, thank you for bringing this to light.

Hope you enjoy your windows for many years to come.

mark4254 in Etobicoke
mark4254 in Etobicoke

Windows and doors

From start to finish the work was impeccable. I had windows and doors to front and side of our house replaced. The installers were on time, polite and explained everything. I could also since pride in there workmanship. The job was completed as they stated and we were very pleased with the project. The price we paid was good. I highly recommend Gem Windows and Doors to anyone .

Mark and Regina

Mark and Regina,
Thank you for the recommendation, most of our business comes from happy customers such as yourselves, that is how we have been in business for over 57 years and counting.
We are happy to hear that everything went well and hope to work with you again in the future.

More about Gem Windows and Doors

Gem Windows and Doors - Toronto's oldest and most trusted window and door retailer - serving South Western Ontario for over 55 years! We invite you to visit our showroom to speak to our professional sales team, to learn more about our high quality custom products.