HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Unionville  >  Markham Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Markham Heating & Air Conditioning

Air Conditioning Fixed

Air conditioning not working. Mitchell was very professional and enthusiastic and went through all the correct steps and process to locate the issue. Problem with failed capacitor resolved efficiently. Made sure to test all areas of the unit to see that it was functioning properly and within parameters. Great service and readily available.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Furnace repair

Enbridge flagged my furnace and shut off the gas. It read 1 degree higher than the year before, which was ok. I was gettting their so called cleaning every year. Another time Enbridge took 4 days to get a part after first telling me I needed a new furnace. When I said that I could get the part in two hours suddenly the part arrived and Enbridge fixed it. It was a cold late November. I never trusted them again. This time I asked for a second opinion about the furnace overheating and yes, it was too hot. Rather than try to sell me one they took the furnace apart, took the blower out and hosed it down and then cleaned the heat exchanger with coil spray and twice with an air compressor. My old furnace has been working like a charm ever since and I would recommend that everyone read and follow your furnace manual, but most of all have these guys come in and clean your heat exchanger because that is the part when it dies you have to get a new furnace. The workers were really knowledgeable and persisted in trying to extend the life of my furnace. So, I would highly recommend that you bring them in and get a full system cleaning at least every five years and then a regular cleaning once a year. I was really impressed because they went beyond and did not try to sell me a furnace. I can't say enough of how pleased I am.

Water tank replacement

Old water tank 12 years old, electrical failing. Replaced with newer Rheem model and updated venting pipes due to required code. The job was done efficiently and smoothly in about 2 hours. Very professional and would recommend again.

Private User reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Serviceman was NOT TO SMART, like the owners.

Came to my house on Christmas day, the furnace was not working.
He said it was the north wind, or something really OUT THERE. He left and it still was not working, charged me double time. I had to call another company the next day - the thermostat needed to be replaced. The worst customer service I have ever experienced, the owner was yelling at me and would not refund my money.

I would not recommend ever to anyone

Heather Graham in Markham
Heather Graham in Markham

Humidifier repair

I have used this company for furnace repair in 2009, and called them again in 2015 for a humidifier repair or replacement. Blake arrived and showed me all aspects of the repair, and told me about filters and also checked and adjusted my furnace. This company guarantees it's work; Blake came to the house again for free for a small issue that turned out to be nothing to do with either the humidifier or furnace. Great service, and an experienced person with top level skills.

Install Humidifier

I needed a humidifier for the house and Markham Heating & Air did a very professional job. Fred the contractor was very professional, efficient and friendly and was able to advise on the type of humidifier required and install it in prompt order. I would definitely recommend this company's service and use them again.

jennifer in the gta
jennifer in the gta
23 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Furnace Repair

A few weeks ago I smelled gas outside of our home. By sheer coincidence I had seen a Hydro truck down the street earlier in the day so I called the emergency line just to be safe. They sent someone out within an hour and tested our meter and the neighbours as well and to our surprise it was OUR furnace leaking Carbon Monoxide. It was shut off IMMEDIATELY and within 24-48 hours Fred from Markham Heating & Air Conditioning came to our rescue and replaced the defective part. It took longer then we or he (I think) thought it would but he finished everything and was really professional and friendly. It was just in time too as the temperature dropped but we were warm and felt safe. We had no idea that it was leaking and none of our detectors had gone off. We actually feel a lot better now and will be having our air conditioner serviced shortly as it is now super HOT. I can see why this company has been in business for sooo long and was surprised that I am the first to write a review on Homestars but I am happy to share my positive experience and I am sure there will be many more excellent reviews very soon.

Annette in Markham
Annette in Markham

Replace motor in furnace

I will NOT recommend this company to anyone since the owner, Lon is dishonest on the cost involved for the service and in quoting the service provided. I was quoted over the phone by Lon, the owner of $79.99/hour and he said that it would take approx. 1 -1.5 hours to replace the furnace and the estimated cost of $100-$200 for replacing the motor in my furnace, but likely $100-$150. In the end, I was charged with $99.99/hour and for 2 hours of cost when the actual time it took to change the motor was only 1 hour. Below are two versions of the story provided by the owner and his son, Blake (service person).

The service men, his son Blake said the charge for 2 hours is because cost is $99.99/hour and they have to charge 1/2 hour labour for completing the form to submit our warranty claim for the motor and another 1/2 hour for travel time involved.

Lon, the owner said that the cost he quoted me over the phone prior to the work was $99.99/hour, not $79.99, so I rebutted his comment responding that the quote of $99.99 was not our conversation over the phone. Then he changed his story and he said the charge is $79.99 for service call, but $99.99 for labour work. (Isn't this comment misleading customers?) He then commented that the reason for 2 hours of charge is because the charge for 20 min travelling to my house and 20 min charge to go back to their office. Total time would be 1 hour, 40 minutes, so the charge for 2 hours at $99.99/hour.

As a consumer and based on my experience above, I will certainly NOT use this company for any service and DO NOT recommend this company. Although my loss is relatively small, approx. $50 (being overcharged and misquoted), the fact that the owner is dishonest and not admitting to his act of misquoting and misleading customer and multiple versions of what/how he is charging the customer, I will definitely not recommend this company to anyone. Consumers, beware of company like this. However, I will give the service person 1 star for his work done.

b phillips in Stouffville
b phillips in Stouffville
8 reviews STOUFFVILLE, ON

furnace cleaning & inspection

had markham come in to clean furnace on a house we bought for my daughter we had just moved her in serviceman made it to the furnace room and informed us we needed a new furnace i insisted he only clean it he did but would not clean the blower with out additional charge i refused he left soon after stating he did not know if the furnace would work properly it was too old it did`t i reset the fan controls hooked the wires up still working service done oct 2010 or 2009