Stepper Homes Ltd.

Builders
101-120 Country Hills Landing NW Calgary AB
Builders
Stepper Homes Ltd.

Reviews for Stepper Homes Ltd.

meaganclayden in Edmonton
meaganclayden in Edmonton
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

Great Sales Team

Stepper Homes came recommended by my realtor and I was really impressed to find out about their proven track record, family values, and philanthropic initiatives which inevitably lead me to make the decision to build with them. I was also impressed with the sales team who accommodated all my requests and were wonderful to work with.
There were some bumps in the road after I got possession but I am thrilled to have a lovely home in a great neighborhood.

Hi Meagan,

Thank you for reaching out to our Team. We have read your review and truly appreciate the time that you took to share your thoughts.

As a company that takes our Customer Care very much to heart, this is not the outcome that we anticipate when building homes for our customers.

At Stepper, we have the utmost respect for our homeowners and the well-being of their entire household. We take pride in building one quality home at a time, and “making right” on things that need to be fixed. In the case of your home, we feel that the issues discussed have been addressed and resolved, and that the compensation offered to you was fair, but subsequently rejected. The gift cards were not meant to replace this, but just as a gesture of goodwill.

Our Team has been committed to building great relationships with our homeowners for more than 60 years, and for many years to come. Our door is open to any question or concerns that you may have, and we’ll certainly be here when you need us.

Warmest Regards,

The Stepper Team

minchenko2014av
minchenko2014av

ceiling

Well, what can I say, wait and see if the water does not flow from the ceiling, then they worked well.

Thanks so much for sharing about your experience and for choosing Stepper! We trust that our work on this water issue resolves the situation completely, however, we will continue to work with you on anything that might arise.

cfbillings
cfbillings
0 reviews De Winton, AB

New home

We are very happy with everything that Stepper Homes have done for us and we are very happy with our new home. Thank you Stepper homes.NA

You are so very welcome! Best wishes for a very happy holiday season!
Carol Warner, Customer Experience Analyst, Stepper Homes

cooperab
cooperab
1 review Cochrane, ON

Warranty work

Completed on time and satisfied, contractors did the quickly.
Arrived as scheduled.
Repairs were matching existing walls

Glad to hear that you are happy with how things went for you - thanks for choosing us!

david
david
0 reviews Cochrane, AB

New home

Very, very few issues with out new town home. Honestly we had to search for any warranty issues, and they were very minor.

Hi David, Thanks so much for sharing about your experience and for choosing Stepper!

Rachel
Rachel

New Home Build

I love my new home. Everything about it is perfect and the service was, and continues, to be top notch. Thank you, Stepper!

So happy you're loving your home!! Thanks for your feedback, Carol
Customer Experience Analyst
403-899-1764 Stepper Homes Ltd.

sturner
sturner
1 review Roseville, MN

New home purchase

The quality and design of our new home is excellent! We are very impressed with Stepper’s attention to detail. Their team is always friendly and happy to answer all questions.

We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time. Your experience is what we strive to create and we're always happy to hear from you! Regards, Carol Warner, Customer Experience Analyst, Stepper Homes https://www.stepperhomes.com/

J. McIntosh
J. McIntosh

Bought and Built a New Home From Stepper

We recommend Stepper Homes to friends and family as they have great work ethic and the quality of their work is awesome.

I worked a lot with Jeremy and Jesse through Stepper and both were so knowledgeable and helpful every step of the way. Extremely hard working and pleasant people! Through the building process and afterwards, you know that everything will go smoothly as they always keep in touch and answer all the questions you have.

Love our new home and very happy with the build quality and the quick timeline from Stepper Homes.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We think Jeremy and Jesse are pretty great and so are glad to hear that they treated you well! We are happy to hear that your experience has been so good so far and trust that this will continue! Regards, Carol Warner, Customer Experience Analyst
Stepper Homes https://www.stepperhomes.com/

Brian in Chestermere in Chestermere
Brian in Chestermere in Chestermere
1 review Chestermere, AB

Purchase of new house in Kinniburgh, Chestermere

I cannot stress strongly enough for people to AVOID Stepper Homes for their new home construction. They are not willing to live up to their word or what they advertise. We went through 5 (five) warranty staff until we finally got someone who took some responsibility. Even then, there was pressure to accept substandard quality work. For example, the in-floor heat in the master bath was installed incorrectly and it and the tiling needed to be redone. The jambs and casing were cut to allow the new tile to be installed - the 1/2" gap was going to be filled with caulking rather than install new trim. This was eventually fixed but not before we had to push to have it done correctly! Wall tiles were also damaged in the process and the repair of choice was a lot of caulking. You can still see that the effects of 'renovating' this room (so much for having a new house). See attached pictures for what we had to deal with (remember - this was a 'new' house)
My wife spent many hours marking the painting issues throughout the house (finish painting was completed in less than a day). The painters who came to do the touch-ups asked why no one had inspected the original paint work as they were shocked at how poorly the painting was done.
I could go on and on, but the above examples are typical of how they approach this business.
Stepper also makes a lot of noise about having a web tool for managing the warranty process (Buildtopia) but none of their staff knows how to use it and it was a complete waste of time. The 3rd warranty person (out of 5) came to the house with nothing in hand and wanted to do a full walk-through to go over the outstanding warranty issues. I refused and sent him back to the office so he could do his own homework. There are many outstanding items on our Buildtopia list which will likely never get done unless we pursue the matter in court.
Our neighbours also built with Stepper and have an even worse experience than ours. A friend in Langdon also built with Stepper and we would catch up on the antics on at least a weekly basis.
We completely and fully regret ever coming across this company. They would do the building community a significant favour if they got out of this business.

Hi Brian,

We have read your review and truly appreciate the time you took to write it and share your thoughts.

As a company this is not the outcome that we anticipate when building homes for our customers. We take pride in what we do and our values of building with passion, legacy and integrity are very important to us.

As you have said in your review this does not reflect your experience, but thankfully we have many happy, homeowners who we have worked with for over 60 years. We have also achieved industry leading scores from a third party Customer Experience Analytic company to back this claim. Please refer to http://homeownermark.com/builder/stepper-homes-ltd/

We apologize that you were so disappointed with your experience and wish you well in the future.

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

Hot water absent

I have just bought a new house from Stepper homes . It is about a month since i complained and nothing was done . They tried to talked and bully me around for getting away . It is winter , I don't have hot water to take a bath , and they still tefused to repair the issue . One of their emergency contact persons verbally abused me instead of focusing on a solution and hang up on me. Perhaps they pay incompetents to offer emergency services so people will get discouraged of pursuing the repair . I have no choice but going to courts now to reinforce my warrante with stepper . Please go chose a different builder if you don't have time to go to courts and sent a livable home

More about Stepper Homes Ltd.

Stepper Homes was born in 1956. Our founder, Rudy Stepper, emigrated from Germany to Calgary in 1953. He didn’t have much money, but he did have natural ability as a woodworker and a capacity for hard work. He built his first home in Bridgeland in 1956. Soon he was building ...
Looking for Builders pros in Calgary?