Son-Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting Ltd

Son-Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting Ltd

Reviews for Son-Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting Ltd

Sal from Calgary
Sal from Calgary

After Hours Service (August 2019)

After coming home from vacation, we found a leak coming from a pipe in our basement ceiling. A co-worker recommended Son-Rise plumbing and I called and they picked up the phone after one ring at 5pm on a Sunday evening! Within 2 hours Alex showed up and carefully tried to ascertain exactly where the leak was before cutting into our knockdown ceiling. He worked efficiently and cleanly as he fixed the problem. While he was here he gave us a quote on some other upgrades we were thinking of having done. Thank you Son-Rise Plumbing

Hi Sal
Thank you for taking the time to write your 10 star review.At Son-Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting, we strive to meet or exceed our customer expectations. We are glad we hit the mark with you. We look forward to providing you and your family with plumbing services in the future.

Brian
Brian

Bathroom renovation, everyday plumbing fixes, tankless hot water system, laundry tap installation, in-patio bbq and fire-table gas fitting.

We have used Son-Rise for several years - from minor fixes to full-scale renovations. They are very courteous, professional and always do a great job. We highly recommend Son-Rise for any plumbing or gas-fitting work.

Hi Brian
Thank you for your great review! It is always a pleasure to work with you and your family. We look forward to continuing to provide you with courteous, professional plumbing and gasfitting services for your home.

loeppky f.
loeppky f.

bathroom

replace toilets, fix shower, slow moving sink, etc.
Friendly and knowledgeable technician completed the work in a timely fashion. He was courteous and cleaned up after the job. It was a pleasure having SonRise do the job and we have them out doing more work already!

Hi loeppky f.
Thank you for your 10 star review! We appreciate your kind words expressing your pleasure with our timeliness, knowledge and cleanliness. I will pass them on to our team member, your kind comments will make his day. Last but most important, we Thank you for your repeat business. We look forward to providing you with home plumbing services again in the future.

pcarr
pcarr

Toilets replaced

Alex was professional, informative, efficient, and very clean/tidy. We enjoy working with him and will call for him should we require services in the future.

Hi PCarr, thank you for your wonderful review! Alex was very pleased with your kind words, he strives to be professional and provide all the information necessary to make for you to make your decision.
We at Son-Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting look forward to providing you with home plumbing services in the future.

Diana and Reg
Diana and Reg

Kitchen drain

We are very satisfied with the work done in our kitchen. The sink drain was not draining and it was the drain pipe not the p trap under the sink. The pipe was cleared out then new ABS pipe was installed for the sink drain and laundry drain line. It was a tedious job for Alex , but he did it very well and we couldn't be happier with the work. We would recommend them to anyone who has plumbing problems.

Hi Dianna Thank you for the great review. Alex was pleased to here your review, here at Son-Rise Plumbing we strive to meet or exceed our client's expectations.
Besides doing drain cleaning, repairing drain pipes we also offer video scoping of drain lines.
Remember we are here for all your home plumbing repair or replacement needs.
Thank again for your 10 Star review.

CJ C.
CJ C.

Repairs to our office bathrooms.

The Son Rise team has performed work at our office on a number of occasions. They continue to meet and exceed our expectations. They are a fantastic team.

CJC, Thank you for choosing Son-Rise Plumbing for your plumbing maintenance. We really appreciate your 10 Star review. I will make sure to share it with all of our Team, especially Alex who most recently provided you with plumbing services. Please call us anytime we can be of further assistance. Thank you again, Best regards.

Cindy in Calgary
Cindy in Calgary

No hot water

In June, ice cold water was running out of the faucets, I called my electric tank manufacturer & they recommended Son-Rise Plumbing LTD. I spoke to Phyllis at Son-Rise & arranged for a technician to come to my home on last appointment of the day. Alex the technician arrived 20 to 30 minutes later than the 3 hour window I was given. After his inspection, he advised me that nothing was wrong with my electric tank. He stated that when an electric tank overheats the safety mechanism shuts off the tank, therefore, we only needed to press the re-set button. I was charged the dispatch fee $ 72.45 including tax. From June to October no issues. In November, after 1 person showered there was no hot water again; the re-set button would have to be pressed after each shower. I called Phyllis again & she sent out a technician (Patrick), he seemed less experienced then Alex. After his inspection, he advised me to replace the elements but they were not in stock & they would take 3 to 6 weeks to arrive. He then offered a second option, which was to replace the tank but it would be a different tank because my tank was also not in stock. Here are the prices:
Option 1. for labour only $504.00 plus tax, as the elements were covered under warranty (elements' cost - $72.00)
Option 2. replacing the tank (Bradford White) would cost a total of $1848.00 including labour plus tax.
I chose to replace the elements due to finances (single parent). Patrick stated that once the elements arrived, I would get a call from the office. That visit cost me $72.45 for the dispatch fee. After Patrick left, I called the manufacturer. The agent said that the technician should have called them to conduct a test, over the phone, to see if the elements needed replacing, while at my house but he had not. At the time, this did not concern me. The following day, I received a call from J.D. (the owner); he informed me that the quote I received was incorrect & reduced it to $432.00 plus tax. I also asked, if he would waive the dispatch fee when they returned to install the elements & he agreed. I called a week later, to ask Phyllis if she had a better idea of when the elements would arrive? She called me back & stated that they had arrived. I arranged for the elements to be installed the following week on Tuesday, December 4, 2018. Alex returned to install the elements, it took about 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs for a total of $453.60 including tax (labour only with no complications). On December 9, 2018 (Sunday night), I did 1 load of laundry & had my shower, which started off warm but went to ice cold fast. When I went to re-set the tank, I noticed water leaking on the tank! NOT EVEN A WEEK!!! I called the manufacturer down east at 6:30 am, December 10, 2018 & I informed him of everything I have written above. He stated that $453.60 was pricey for replacing elements, as that is usually the charge of labour on replacing of a new tank! He then stated that my tank was also under warranty (no wonder Patrick offered me option 2 with a different tank). I called, Phyllis at 9:45 am & informed her of the water being ice cold again the night before. I stated that I spoke to the manufacturer & the tank was still under warranty, she immediately cut me off with "The tank is itself maybe under warranty but the labour was not!" She also stated that "It was a process of elimination!" Unfortunately, I was on my break at work & could not let her go on schooling me, so I asked politely if she could have J.D. call me back, as I wanted to speak to him before re-placing the tank. She stated that he was out on work orders & may not be able to call me back by the end of day. She then tried to schedule me for another inspection (dispatch fee $72.45). (Why do I need another inspection if the tank is leaking?) I expected J.D. to call me back the next day, before he went out on work orders!
As of today, December 21, 2018, I have not heard from Son-Rise Plumbing LTD.
I guess they DO NOT value my business and DO NOT guarantee there work!!! I EXPECTED..... TO PAY FOR THE LABOUR ON THE REPLACEMENT OF MY TANK but I was HOPING that they would work with me.... on maybe a credit on some of the work that was already done, ONLY 5 DAYS EARLIER!

I DON'T recommend them to anyone and would advise my family, friends and colleagues (who have used them in the past) to "Beware of Son-Rise Plumbing LTD.!!!"

THERE WAS DEFINITE NOTICEABLE LEAK ON MY TANK AND SINCE BEEN REPLACED BY ANOTHER COMPANY!!!

Hi Cindy,
We appreciate you finding us online and detailing your experience. We would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences experienced throughout your project. We did try our best to go above and beyond our usual scope in order to make sure you were satisfied with our work. At your earliest opportunity, please connect with us at 403-274-1166.
Kind regards,
The Son Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting Team

Rhonda in Calgary
Rhonda in Calgary
2 reviews CALGARY, AB

water heater replacement

JD is experienced, personable, and professional; he answered all my questions as I watched him install my hot water tank and replace some pipes & valves. He took the time to show me what to do & labelled everything for future reference. It was all the extras he did that impressed me. I would highly recommend Son-Rise Plumbing!

Thank you Rhonda for taking the time to write us a review. We look forward to your next home project!
Regards, Son-Rise Plumbing Team

More about Son-Rise Plumbing & Gasfitting Ltd

OUR MISSION IS TO CONSISTENTLY PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND EMERGENCY RESIDENTIAL PLUMBING SERVICES TO CALGARIANS, WITH 100% CLIENT SATISFACTION EVERY TIME.
A trusted and reliable Calgary-based contractor since 1983,
Son-Rise is guided by honesty, professionalism, and integrity.

Call us for a quote today!
P: 403-274-1166