Hilltop Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Reviews for Hilltop Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Chris in Calgary
Chris in Calgary

HVAC system

I bought a HVAC system from this company. They are inept at its service and I have three weeks of hell because of them. Please if my experience is anything to go by. Look elsewhere.

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

fireplace maintenance

I used Hilltop for the first time recently to take advantage of the FORTIS rebate for my fireplace. Their technician was on time, and I was impressed with his cleanliness, and his thorough explanation afterwards on how to maintain my fireplace. He was also very patient with all my questions. I really appreciated him wearing a mask the entire time. I will certainly recommend Hilltop to my friends in the future. Thank you!

garburator replacement in White Rock

Hilltop Plumbing charged me $165 for the first 30 minutes and $60 for the second 30 minutes. The problem was the employee that showed up said the job took him 45 minutes yet they charged for an hour. It is poor to charge the $30 more for labour that was not used. I later get a call from the business arguing that the cost is in line with the other companies because he called all his competitors. I wish my partner and I had spent a couple minutes checking on-line. Having read the reviews, we would have gone elsewhere.

Dear Matthew,

We find that your review above is inaccurate and that your comments misrepresent our General Manager and our company

You made similar comments on another review site that we will also address below as well.

Unfortunately, after I expressed that I felt they overcharged for the work, a call from the general manager made it clear that this happens on a regular basis

• After reviewing the invoice, you were not overcharged. Furthermore, our technician met your spouse in your building lobby to discuss three options with you. Your spouse then called you to discuss the options and you chose the more expensive option. You were both made aware of what our rates are. Our employee was on site for 57 minutes according to our GPS.
• Our GM did NOT express that overcharging “happens on a regular basis”. There is no truth to this claim. Our rates have not changed in over a year.
• We charge by 30 minute increments, not 15 minute increments
• Additionally, your initial complaint to us was that you thought our rates were too high, not that you were overcharged. Not to belabour the point; however, our rates haven’t changed from when our technician was in your home back in September of 2019.

They indicted they charge $165 for the first 30 minutes and $60 for each 30 minutes thereafter. We used 45 minutes and that was verified by the employee that completed the work. The GM (Daniel) defended charging us the full hour by stating the rates are in line with the competitors since he has called them all

• This is another inaccurate statement. All competitors in our industry cross reference charges so that we all stay competitive. So, yes, we do check with our competitors what their rates are. Again, our GM did not use this as an excuse to justify our rates because there is no need to justify them, especially since the rates were explained to you before the work began.
• As mentioned above, we charge by 30 minute increments, not 15 minute increments.

In the end, we paid $30 extra because Daniel notes the GPS showed the vehicle was at our location for 57 minutes. I have used this business twice and after this instance, will be going elsewhere.

• Again, you were not charged extra. It is unfortunate that you feel you need to take your business elsewhere; however, we wish you nothing but luck with your future plumbing work.

Gouging by adding time over and above the job is poor. Daniel and Hilltop appear to have the gouging bug during COVID

We take great offense to this statement. We do not and we have never taken advantage of our clients.
• Some of our technicians had to be laid off during the beginning of this pandemic.
• Our technicians put their health and their family's health at risk everyday with every home they enter.
• Our rates have not changed in over a year.
• We give back to the community as often as we can. To emphasis this point, we are giving away a furnace and the labour to install to a needy family this winter, valued at $6000.
• You can see this offer in the Peace Arch News Interesting that we have a coffee shop on the main level.

Imagine if the employee that was honest to us about time it took to do the job (45 minutes) was in the coffee shop grabbing a coffee prior to leaving in their vehicle

• I am not even sure what you are talking about. Are you implying that our technician charged you for an imaginary coffee? Another false accusation. Plus, our technician is very loyal to Tim Hortons.

Read other reviews and you will see similar stories on adding time. Unfortunately, I should have done so even though I used them previously.

• I am not sure what reviews you are looking at, as we have almost 500 GOOGLE reviews with an average rating of 4.8 stars, which we take great pride in.

Thank you, Hilltop Plumbing Management

Vagabond8400 in Surrey
Vagabond8400 in Surrey
0 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Very pricy

I contacted this firm on the advice of one my neighbors but today I talked to another neighbor who said I paid way too much for this water heater so I contacted 2 other plumbers and found that to install the same water tank would be about $500 cheaper than I paid. Should have shopped around, I learned my lesson but I definitely picked the wrong firm.
Since then the company has issued me a small refund so I have upped the rating. The explanation for the higher price is that they have higher overhead costs than some other plumbers.

Private User reviews White Rock, BC

Overpriced and did service i did not ask for.

Called in to fix pilot light that went out. Instead, did a fireplace service for 185.00 that I did not ask for, and said would come back with part that needs replacing. 2 weeks later I get an email that the part is 315.00 and service is 110.00 per hour. I called them on the service so said he would repay half of it since I didn't ask for it. I then called Bravo Fireplace that was recommended by a friend. He fixed it the same day. The part was 150.00 with him and 125.00 for the labour. Why is Hilltop so expensive. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Nothing but problems.

I am on council for a condo building in White Rock. In June of 2013 Hilltop replaced our water distribution assembly at a cost of over $1,800. In October of 2014 it leaked - a gusher. We had to pay for the repairs. In October of 2015 it leaked - a gusher. Hilltop told us the entire assembly had to be rebuilt and that we would have to pay $2,000 this time. The leaks were solely due to poor workmanship, as one of their plumbers told us. With a lot of cajoling, we got the cost of the rebuild down to $1,100, even though it should not have cost us a cent. Well, here we are, just 6 months later and - guess what? - another leak! As with the others, at a joint that is poorly soldered. To hell with Hilltop, we will gladly pay a different plumber from now on.

Whiterockers in Surrey
Whiterockers in Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Plumbing installations and repairs

John provided very professional and friendly service, and put in extra effort to find some parts that are not common. He was punctual, took measures to protect our floors and cabinets while he worked, and completed his work with a minimum of fuss.

Jordan Klause from Surrey
Jordan Klause from Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Pressure Valve replacement

Hilltop Plumbing was referred by a friend. I had a very loud noise going throughout the piping in the house anytime we used the water. Another plumber couldn't figure it out but Hilltop Plumbing did within minutes, ordered the part and fixed it! Plus my toilet was running and the other plumber couldn't fix it (not sure why). Hilltop fixed it and it is good as new.

More about Hilltop Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Hilltop Plumbing & Heating is a local family owned and operated company, providing services to the lower mainland for over 45 years. Our famous rubber ducky logo on our service vans can be spotted all over White Rock and South Surrey. We at Hilltop Plumbing strive to meet all your ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in White Rock?