Air 1 One Mechanical Services Inc

Kanata ON
Air 1 One Mechanical Services Inc

Reviews for Air 1 One Mechanical Services Inc

Gas line installation - new gas stove

We tried to go with a local, family owned company but can honestly say we regret every second of it.
They sent service techs (not installers) that were inexperienced to install a gas line - They never tested the gas line to ensure there were no leaks yet the invoice states "no gas leaks detected" House wreaked like gas and was leaking gas for 24 hrs!!

We had to have Enbridge Emergency come out which resulted in our furnace being red tagged. Enbridge would not believe that the company had left our house without testing to ensure there were no leaks.
Called the on-call emergency line and explained the situation.

The guy responds by saying " OK, I am on my way. Can you please call the company tomorrow and tell them what happened. People just cant keep getting away with this" What does that mean? When he arrived he told me this was the THIRD call for those two technicians - this week!!!! We are clearly not the only ones who have been affected. He was also the one to inform me that the two guys listed on my work order were only service techs not install techs so he was very confused as to WHY they were even assigned the job. Real nice.

Tried dealing with the owner, Duane but he handled this situation very poorly and unprofessionally.

Dealing with natural gas is no joke and should be taken seriously. This incident could have ended way worse than it did. I worry for my own safety as well as the safety of others. Who knows how many houses these two technicians have been at recently. If you see Jordan/Craig on your invoice I suggest calling another company to come validate their work.
DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY !!! See BBB review for details on what happened - you will be SHOCKED.

Decal
Decal

Pool heaters

Our pool heater started acting up and after hiring AirOne I was told that one of the switches was defective. I agreed to the fix and was then told all the switches needing replacing - apparently a package that couldn't be split up, even though only one switch was defective. I agreed, thinking it would be an investment for the future, and in less than a year the main pressure switch had also stopped working.

Initially AirOne claimed it hadn't been replaced and wanted to charge me for a new one, going so far as to claim they didn't carry the type that was installed. This changed when I showed them their receipt - which they said they couldn't find - showing they'd done the initial replacement of ALL switches including the now-defective pressure switch.

I later had a problem with the heater burning dirty. Their assessment was that the heat exchanger was sooted up (isn't that why I called them in the first place?) and the whole heater needed replacing, a $3000 job. The technician never even looked at the burners to see why the fuel was burning dirty, and told me the typical lifespan for a pool heater was 5 years and I should be happy with what I had gotten to that point. Problem is pool heaters manufacturers will quote an 8-12 year life span...

Don't trust them.

David from Ottawa
David from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

New Furnace

This is the third heating and cooling contractor I have worked with and by far and away the best. They installed furnace, air conditioner and ducting and were very amenable to my ideas. You will not regret using them,