Sparling's Propane - Brechin

Jennifer in Milton
Jennifer in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Poor customer service

Very poor service. Sparlings makes me prepay. Not a problem. Sparlings is quick to take my money but not to provide service. It took 3 weeks to get services. Why take money with no service?

Paul in Millbrook
Paul in Millbrook
1 review Lakefield, ON

New customer

Great job installing tank & hookup. They have been promising for 2 weeks to refill tank. Each time be there in 36 hrs. It is all fake
News & still waiting at 5% full. Rep said get secondary heat source. Would not recommend this company to anyone

Jeff in Mississauga
Jeff in Mississauga

out of propane minus 20 dec 14

had to move a vent 3 ft and re paint a 6 inch nipple this summer witch i did and sent pictures now i have been out of propane for 4 hours waiting for reene to phone me back now the supervisor say i have to retake pictures and send to them and wait for someone to ok might take another hour most disorganize company ever

debbie in Barrie
debbie in Barrie
1 review Brechin, ON

Worst Ever!

Showed up 3 times without notice even though id told them id call.last bill over 380.00..they knocked 100.00 off..again i didnt need fuel!
Over priced..started at 43 a litre..end of winter at 61 a litre..
Will not give new customers a lock in rate..yet other companies will.
Called 3 times for a price this year..could not tell me..
Changed to Budget Propane..new customer..no charges for hook up..new tanks..oh and locked me in at 49.9 a litre..
Called to have tanks picked up..was told Budget will increase their prices after im in..funny last year they were 48.9 litre!
Then had the gall to tell me 100.00 charge to pick up the tanks..oh but id get it back when i come back to them!!..good luck with that thought..:(
Oh and instead of a credit for the fuel in my tanks.. i was charged a re stocking charge!!!..
Oh and their lock in rate for 2017..61.1 a litre..but was told they have so many trucks and service units and 24/7 service...yep customer gets nailed bug time!!!!

Private User reviews Brighton, ON

Nope

It took them a week to deposit the money sent to them for our account. We called immediately when it was deposited to have propane delivered because we were at less than 10%. The very rude woman on the phone told us it would take them one to two days to deliver the propane. We called three days later, and she changed her tune saying it would take up to 5 days. We have been out of propane for a day and she could not care less. Upon finding their Facebook page I found that this is a common problem. I also discovered that you can request an emergency delivery (for a fee) which was NEVER mentioned to us each time we talked to the horrid woman on the phone. We will now be without propane until Tuesday, because Monday is a holiday. That's almost 6 days and completely unacceptable. Horrendous customer service, long waits for everything. Go with someone else.

Private User reviews Milford Bay, ON

Unreliable and indifferent

I've dealt with Sparling's for 35 years and for a long time they were excellent but since being bought a few years ago their level of service has dropped like a stone.

I called on December 27/16 to tell them my tank was very low and need to be filled and it took them 14 days to show up.

Josh, Sparling's "dispatcher" basically blew me off when I complained.

Will be changing companies Asap.

This is a cold country, 14 days to fill a tank is ridiculous. Do yourself a favour and choose another company.

Ann Carpenter from Gravenhurst
Ann Carpenter from Gravenhurst
3 reviews Gravenhurst, ON

Hot water heater review and hook up

The Sales representative is fantastic and his recommendation for an upgrade from my electric water heater to a propane high efficiency unit was perfect. The team of technicians are great guys. The Best, and the sales rep also came out to review the project. My hydro bill is now $100.00 less a month. I have radiant heat and this new unit was not an easy install but a great idea.
The administrative team also rocks. They were great at making appointments ahead of schedule, kept me informed on parts delivery status and over all fantastic.

Brian Rogers from Gores Landing
Brian Rogers from Gores Landing
1 review Hamilton, ON

Propane Supplier

This is the most unreliable Propane Supplier I have ever dealt with and TERRIBLE Customer Service and the poorest emergency services. I am on an automatic refill program but ran out of fuel at my property while there were children and handicapped people visiting and when I called this company for emergency service, the respondent (third party) company they hired was unable to communicate and understand our emergency and our simple address and directions to get to us. It was devastating. Then when we escalated they were completely unsympathetic, defensive and even belligerent to say get another provider. I can't believe this is part of the Parkland Fuels group of companies that my friends out west deal with. APPALLING SERVICE!