Mackie Moving Systems

Mackie Moving Systems

Reviews for Mackie Moving Systems

Vanessa in Toronto
Vanessa in Toronto

worst customer service ever.

Delivered my fridge on 30th of October. They had to reschedule because they needed 4 men. we rescheduled a week later and the same 2 guys showed up. we rescheduled again for the next Friday and I specifically asked for 4 men to come to move the fridge in the basement. Guess what happen? Yes, the same 2 men showed up. A month and a half later the fridge is still in our garage and we have 2 fridges sitting in our kitchen. I called to schedule another appointment and the customer service I talked to, Shea, is no help at all and very unemphathetic. They said they will be sending 4 guys over 2 days after our scheduled Christmas party. Great Job Mackie!

Heidi in Vancouver
Heidi in Vancouver

WORST MOVING COMPANY EVER!

Worst moving company ever! Pick up delayed by 2 days. Packers damaged goods. Contents damaged. I paid for full insurance. The Calgary moving men were good however Atlas Canada ordered a shuttle, moving my things to two different trucks at an extra $1500 cost to me. I tried for 2 days to stop them so I could chose a different facility to deliver to. They did it anyway. I now have lockers full of damaged goods and they refuse to cover any of it even though I paid for full coverage insurance.

Danny in Oshawa
Danny in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Delivery of a washer

I was supposed to have a washer delivered and it was a terrible experience. ...there was only a recorded call with no call back number and after several attempts I got someone from Mackie on the number that had call me, who does not know the first thing about customer service.....Terrible terrible service...still waiting for my washer....

Worst Delivery Experience!! Nightmare!

I think every one on here is referring to the same set of delivery drivers in the Peel region. Recently ordered a washing machine and dishwasher from home depot.
On the day of delivery no one showed for the 4 hour window that we were given. 3 hours after the expiry of the window, we receive a call from the delivery guys saying they will be there in 30-40 minutes. When we repeatedly asked them what time that would be, we were repeatedly told 30-40 minutes, an hour and a half later still no one showed up. They then turn up 5 hours after the delivery window. One guy asks us very rudely "Where do you want it". I respond saying that they are about 5 hours past the window that we received, and 3 hours after the original 30-40 minutes. The extremely rude guy shouts at me : "Dont tell me bout no time boy". I stated that he should be apologizing for being 10 hours late, upon which he burst into a tirade of rude and abusive language, using the F-word and continuously cussing at me and my wife in front of our kids.
We refused to let him into the house for fear of the safety of our kids and threatened to call the police. Upon which they drove off.
We have since spent hours on the phone with Home Depot and in the store with our rep. We specifically requested not to send the same delivery team again for fear of more abuse and our safety. To our absolute shock and amazement, they then send the same delivery team round and the same guy sits in his car saying he will not deliver, The other guy explains that they had to accept the delivery and show up at our house, but did not have to deliver.
So a month later we are left with no washer and dryer and there is still no resolution in sight, nor delivery.
If you value your safety and want to avoid being abused and sworn at, make sure to refuse delivery from these animals.
They should never be in business, let alone have a contract with a reputable company like home depot. Its a shame and utterly disappointing to see the home depot name go down the drain due to this delivery company.
The store has had numerous complaints about the same 2 drivers, and its a shame to see that no action has been taken to get rid of them. Picture attached.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Worst delivery experience ever

Where to start. This was the worst delivery experience I have ever had. It's a shame that Home Depot, a good, reputable, company has such an unprofessional company representing them. Rude, abrupt, ignorant, and extremely unprofessional were the two men that came to my home last week to deliver my appliances. No customer service skills (or people skills I should say), what so ever. I just could not believe the treatment I received, and to the point where I requested their names and they wouldn't give them to me, so I took a picture of their license plate. I refused to sign for anything and just wanted them out of my home.

Question. What person comes into your home and says to you "Why you gonna stand and watch me open this box? Go do somethin' else!"

I contacted the customer service line on the comment card (that the men surprisingly left) and I didn't even receive an apology. Instead, I shockingly received excuses from the call agent, in defense of their actions! The end result of my call, "my comments would be passed along to a Supervisor". Unbelievable. I'm quite certain that nothing will come out of this, but all I can ask, is that no one else goes through the same awful experience that I did.

Cactus in San Francisco
Cactus in San Francisco
1 review Montreal, QC

Home depot washing machine

I purchased a washing machine from home depot. Mackie was the company who delivered it. Upon them installing it they cracked the lines causing a water leak in my basement and refused to take responsibility. The company stated the house is old as well as the lines. When it's not even 10 years old. They are refusing to compensate for the damages they have caused, which is clear to see it's there fault. They are inconsiderate unethical people. STAY as far away as you can from these people.

Home Depot fridge delivery

I purchased a new fridge that was delivered by Mackie Moving Systems in July. The movers did not use pulleys or anything to protect my hardwood floor and damaged it. One mover was particularly rude to me when I mentioned I wanted to inspect the fridge for damages, after he asked me to sign the delivery form. When I noticed the gauges in my floor and pointed them out to him, he became verbally abusive and belligerent - blaming me. I submitted my complaint and received a letter yesterday stating they do not accept liability for the damage caused, based on the word of the crew. They never contacted me and the information they received was false.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

The worst relocation company for International move

Goods packed on July 28th in Ontario with a tentative delivery of Aug 6th to Aug 12th in Florida.
Partial / Advance payment of Approx.7000 USD taken on Aug 1st since the truck was departing Ontario.
AND THE ACTUAL STATUS: As of Aug 9th, the truck is still in Ontario.
No response to my calls, emails.
Finally got the information and promise to action from the actual moving company and it turns out, this Mackie Movers are an agent.

Steve S in North Vancouver
Steve S in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Move

Mackie Moving Systems (mis)handled our long distance move from Toronto to Vancouver in the summer of 2016, using their packers, their storage for 3 months in Oshawa, and their Vancouver unpackers.
On the day we were to move into our new home, we discovered that:
1) without our knowledge or permission, our load was split between two companies,
2) we had no beds; they would arrive several days later with a company that we did not hire, Allied Van Lines, along with the rest of our load,
3) we watched in disbelief as we saw our fine furniture being offloaded with significant damage, including gouging of rare inlays on our antique credenza,
4) in total, we had 26 items damaged, four of which were damaged beyond repair. Even the Vancouver unpackers commented on the poor packing job in Toronto.
When the second load arrived, we discovered that:
1) four cartons of valuable family heirlooms are still missing and untraceable, never found (we received only partial compensation for the items that we know to be missing),
2) our mattress bags and box springs were unsealed during the entire three months of storage,
3) we had to pay for the protective mattress bags nonetheless.
Their entire sales pitch was one “myth” after another:
Myth #1: that Mackie's packers are trained and qualified to pack delicate and fragile items
Our experience: Mackie's packers did a 2-day pack job in just one day, cramming in as much as they could, not bothering to pack delicate items individually, and had no experience or knowledge in properly packing delicate items.
Myth #2: that Mackie can track our load
Our experience: when we discovered that our load had been split, we called the Toronto office, only to be told that they had never heard of such a thing happening! It took a few days until they could even tell us when our second load would be delivered.
Myth #3: that Mackie's drivers are reliable
Our experience: Our missing table and two chair child's set were located shortly after we moved in, and we were promised delivery the following week. After eight months(!) of repeated requests for delivery, their claims department paid us compensation, as even they got fed up with Mackie. However, we are still out the money we paid to move, store, and deliver(!) that table set.
Myth #4: that items are properly insured with Mackie's “value protection”
Our experience: this is not a bona fide insurance company. There is no insurance policy and no customer recourse in case of a dispute, as Mackie's “value protection” does not come under the Canada Insurance Act.
Myth #5: that they can trace our lost belongings
Our experience: Mackie lost four of our cartons containing valuable family heirlooms. Their so-called trace did not include checking with the households between Toronto and Vancouver whose belongings were on either of the same trucks as our belongings. Furthermore, they did not use digital UPC bar codes to enable scanning each carton.

Mackie tried to justify their negligence, as they did repair whatever could be repaired, and paid us compensation for items that could not be repaired. However, we received only partial compensation for items that we know to be missing from the four lost cartons. These items were not for sale, and certainly not at distress sale prices, yet we are out the cost we paid to move and store all the contents. We don't even fully know what else was in those cartons, because Mackie's packers didn't label them appropriately.

It took a full eight months to complete this process. They also tried to deflect responsibility onto us by claiming that we were simply “overwhelmed”.
The way this entire move was handled is appalling.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Moving

I was very impressed with this company. They were punctual, extremely hardworking and honest. I actually got a refund in the mail a few weeks later as the move took a shorter time than they expected so they paid me back the difference! All our items are accounted for and there was no damage. Their professionalism is stellar!

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?