Ottawa Valley Tree Experts

PO Box 369 Carp ON
HomeStars  >  Tree Service in Carp  >  Ottawa Valley Tree Experts

Reviews for Ottawa Valley Tree Experts

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

AVOID this business at all costs

This company "made a mistake" in my neighbourhood; a worker touched two power lines together and caused a power surge on our hydro grid. This resulted in a fire at a home near ours, and damaged a number of appliances throughout the neighbourhood - furnaces, dishwashers, etc.

The company has taken no responsibility whatsoever. They duck calls and letters asking them to be accountable.

In short - avoid them at all costs.

Mymy from Ottawa
Mymy from Ottawa

Tree cutting

Given a quote for a tree cutting and stump grinding. One month later, despite many calls, the tree was finally cut (despite being told it was growing at a dangerous angle and could damage neighbourung house). Still one minth later, stump is not ground despite needing to lay sod. Fence had been delayed twice because of their tardiness. If you need work done promptly, don't bother. Otherwise, best quote of 7 estimates.

Greg Carter from Ottawa
Greg Carter from Ottawa

Tree Removal

In June of 2014 I had an estimate for the removal of 4 trees. I gave the go ahead first week of July. Promised within 3 weeks. Showed up October 30. After they showed up they said that they would not cut two of the trees for the estimate amount. The estimate said "2 ash - beside shed - dead remove - Garden Shed." I removed the garden shed before they showed up so as to make their job easier. They said that these trees were not on the estimate. I showed them where the shed used to be, the metal from the shed I took down was still sitting in the driveway. I dealt with Ed (the owner) when he gave the estimate. I only had 4 dead trees on my property, and there are no other dead trees on my lot near any type of shed. The only other dead trees on my lot were on the estimate. Without any further discussion the owner (Ed) turned to the foreman (Matt) and said "OK don't cut his trees" and walked away. Totally disrespectful, lacking any form of customer service. They did cut down trees on my neighbours property and put the wood chips into a wooded area next to the house instead of taking them away. Stay away!

Shawn from Ottawa
Shawn from Ottawa
4 reviews Nepean, ON

Removal of Trees

Needed removal of three spruce trees (one large, two small) and a mature ash tree. Friendly arborist Ed came out and provided a detailed estimate that was very reasonable.

Sixteen days later, the OVTE team were in and out in 3 hours with the stumps ground and no mess. The size of the backyard and hours of sunlight grew immensely thanks to their efforts.

With an enclosed backyard, they were able to lift all tree and stump grinder over a 10' cedar hedge with ease from the side of the property. Boom truck has a 90' reach. Fascinating to watch the massive crane effortlessly lift the trees. Wood chipper is 300hp, the most powerful I have seen.

Will likely be hiring this company to install fruit trees in the spring. The crane operator was also an arborist who offered useful tips concerning the younger trees on the property.

*Note that the typical wait time can be 2-3 weeks+ in the summer. Patience pays off.

Terry Daigneault from Etobicoke
Terry Daigneault from Etobicoke
1 review Kanata, ON

Tree removal

They removed a very large Ash tree from my back yard. We discovered the tree had a large crack in it a windy Saturday. We called them on monday morning and They showed up that day for a quote and then returned later in the day to strap the tree to avoid any danger. We had just tilled and seeded our back lawn and wanted to avoid it being damaged, they came 3 weeks later with a crane and lifted the tree out of the yard into the parking lot behind me so time on the lawn was limited. The only way you could tell they were there was the missing tree, there was no debris left in my yard or the parking lot. They also helped me move all my furniture and plants from my deck and then replaced them when finished. The whole thing took about 2hrs.

Kirk & Kathryn Ellement from Ottawa
Kirk & Kathryn Ellement from Ottawa
2 reviews Kanata, ON

Pruning large Maple Tree

They prunned our large Maple tree last summer. They did a super job and everything looks absolutely symmetrical. Thanks for doing a great job and cleaning up after yourselves as well. Price was reasonable and they were reliable.

Barry Wellar from Ottawa
Barry Wellar from Ottawa

tree removal

An appointment was quickly made in order to take down a large birch tree with four trunks and a common base. We wanted the job done while there was still snow on the ground to protect shrubs. The tree was carefully taken down using a bucket crane and ropes, stump was cut perfectly to ground level, excellent work all done in good humour at a very reasonable price. We will hire this company to build an earth mound and install replacement evergreens.