Burke's Restoration Inc

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
98 Milvan Drive Toronto ON M9L 1Z6

Reviews for Burke's Restoration Inc

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Did need this stress on top of a total loss situation

Make sure you collect all of your valuables (especially cash) before letting them gather your belongings. They will say it’s unsafe to enter the premises but use your common sense. Demand to have the valuables delivered to you before any work starts.
Make sure you get all promises in writing before the money runs out towards the end of the job.
Keep a very close eye on the quality of workmanship as the work progresses. Double check everything. Monitor work habits of all employees to ensure the project doesn’t run on for months after the promised completion date.
I’m actually more disappointed in my insurance company for recommending this company. We made several complaints (with proof) to the insurance company they said they would address these issues but nothing was ever done. There must be a good reason for an insurance co to recommend this restoration company.....

Condo Flooring Replacement

After a leak from another unit in our building caused damage to our condo floors, our insurance unfortunately set us up with Burke’s. Not only did it take them 5 months to do mediocre work on a 300 sq ft surface, but the Project Manager we were assigned was rude, dismissive, and hard to get a hold of.

Living in a condo, there are certain rules that need to be followed – I.E. At least 3 days just for the Board to review and approve the work request, as well as a sound test on the underlay specific to a concrete slab. Despite being told these rules, the Project Manager not only didn’t send us the sound test, but then refused to when we flagged to him. He raised his voice at us, told us it was a ridiculous ask on the part of our building, and said to submit the request anyway. Of course the request for work was denied by the Board and we had to reschedule.

To then reschedule was a hassle in itself. We followed up with many unanswered emails and calls for over a month. When we finally received the new dates they gave only 3 days notice, so we had to request a rush Board approval and sort out where we could stay, given we’re working from home with Covid restrictions.

Absolutely no information was provided by Burkes about how to prep for the workers to come, or how long the work itself would take despite multiple unanswered follow-ups, until the morning the workers were coming. Unfortunately we were already on our way to our alternate accommodations, so were unable to do the prep they asked for, and had to pack belongings for an indefinite number of nights.

When the work was done and we returned home, we noticed that the caulking at the top of our stairs was a completely different colour and already cracked, our sliding door was catching on the new trim they installed, and they didn’t caulk a huge gap in the transition piece between rooms. We flagged this work to Burke’s that day, and didn’t hear back until after we told our insurance company to hold payment while we waited for them to fix the work. It took Burkes another full month to have someone come repair the work, their excuse being that they’re moving offices at the moment. While the installer did fix the issue with the sliding door catching, he unfortunately once again did a terrible job on the caulking – completely inconsistent, bare at points, and with dirt dried into it. At this point we no longer have the confidence or patience to deal with Burke’s, and have decided to fix the work on our own.

We’d highly recommend finding someone else to do your flooring.

Burke's Customer Communication is Excellent

This company makes a lot of false promises. If having an insurance job done. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS COMPANY (Burke's Restoration Inc). It is not worth the stress and headache dealing with this company. What is suppose to be a 3 day job has taken months and still not complete. I wish I hired my own contractors to do the job. Not only would I have gotten better quotes but the job would have been done in a week at most. Burke's Restoration Inc has taken MONTHS!...each time they make an excuse. When it comes to insurance jobs, they most likely hire third party worker and have 1 man on the job. Even their own employees don't like working for this company. If you don't believe me, Look up employee reviews for Burke's Restoration Inc. Definitely one of the worst sleazy company ever!. I am writing this review because I don't want any homeowner to go through the headache that I have gone through. Seriously, how hard can it be to put up bricks and install a new garage doors. I am so fed up with this company. My garage hasn't been repaired for 4 months!....Seriously, Avoid them at all cost!

If Desjardin or any insurance company suggest Burke's Restoration Inc. They are not looking out for your best interest. Always read the fine print.

Always put a date on when the Repair/Project is to be completed before signing any contracts!!!!!

TC
TC
1 review Newmarket, ON

Amazing Main floor and stairway Renovation

Weare extremely happy about the work and the service provided by Burke's team. Greg effectively met the expectations laid out at the beginning and the team met the set out timetables. There were a couple of changes made which they accomodated without any issue and the follow up was good as well.
They were very professional and provided quality work.
Steve was amazing.
We would highly recommend Burke's to others. We are also having the quote another project for us.
See pics for before and after

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback. Please feel free to contact us in the future and we would gladly assist you with all your project needs.
On behalf of myself and Burkes Restoration, I would like to thank you for your business and your review.

Regards, Lyn Martin

Horrible and unhonest service

I had a flood in the basement and they came to my home for emergency services based on a call from my insurance company.
They technically left everything as it is including all the floor and underlaminate uncovered for 3 days while putting many fans and dehumidifier to dry nothing and when I went to check my basement 3 days after I removed the underlaminate and all was soaked in water.
They charged the insurance for a big sum of money for doing harm not good.
These images 3 days after they fixed their fans and dehumidifier and when I removed the tiles by myself it was all wet
If there is zero star rating , I won't hesitate to give it to them.
DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL.
SAVE YOUR PROPERTY as STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

ac from Richmond Hill
ac from Richmond Hill

So happy Burke's was our Insurance Company's go-to Restoration General Contractor

Within a couple of hours of calling our home insurance company and letting them know of our neighbours car destroying the bricks and side door around our garage, Burke's sent Alan to look at the damage and another company late on a Friday evening to clean up the debris, secure everything and make our home feel protected again.

In the coming weeks, Burke's and its great team, along with specialty contractors and engineers came in and brought our house back to a condition it would be hard for an average person to see any damage was done. This included:
- Reframing the structure
- Redoing the electrical work in the damaged area
- Bringing in a structural engineer to file a work permit with the city and who would come to review the work several times
- Rebricking the exterior, and ensuring the tinting matched a 30-year-old colour
- Ensuring the security system was working at all times and re-installing the side door intercom system
- Getting new matching side door and garage window to match the rest of the house
- Drywalling and matching paint in the interior of the garage and home where damage was done.
- Getting an awning/aluminum contractor to reinstall the damaged areas with new aluminum, also matching 30y/o colour schemes.

Great work all around. Plus they keep the work site clean every day before leaving. Everyone was licensed, easy to speak to, and respectful to the property. Best of all, when Burke's said they would come, they came on time --- so we were not waiting around needlessly.

Atiq
Atiq

Restoration after water leak

We had some damage in our house due to a water leak. Our insurance recommended Burke’s the restoration work. They started and completed the job as per the agreed schedule.

I like to compliment Collin who worked in our house. He is very professional person and completed the work with high quality. I would definitely recommend Burke’s for any restoration work.

cate725 in York, Ontario Canada M6N2S3
cate725 in York, Ontario Canada M6N2S3

Fabulous restoration after major water damage

My house was severely damaged by water from fire hoses when the house next door to mine was completely destroyed by fire. My house had to be rebuilt from top to bottom - new roof, siding, and rebuilt inside from the frame. Burkes was the insurer's preferred contractor and I was happy with their choice. The quality of workmanship and materials was top-notch. I had full input into the design and choice of materials that within the insurer's budget. I also had Burkes install upgrades at my own expense. They were there from day one - rescuing my belongings and rebuilding my house. The result is outstanding. I have a beautiful, new home now. The staff at Burkes are kind, respectful and conscientious. They take great pride in their work. Gary is fair, ethical and has very high standards. My thanks to George for his inspired design ideas and for keeping the project moving. Thanks also to Vanessa for her beautiful work inside the house. It was a pleasure to work with them both. I am fortunate that I had Burkes on my side to bring me through this traumatic experience from beginning to end, with very happy results.

Sumaira in Toronto
Sumaira in Toronto

did a fantastic job at restoring our home

Burke's restoration team did a phenomenal job at restoring the house. The team worked quickly and met all the deadlines. Everything was professionally done, and we were given many opportunities to choose everything, even small details , about the house. The end product looked great, nothing out of place. Thank you Burke's Restoration for giving us our dream home! Would highly recommend.

More about Burke's Restoration Inc

Burke's Restoration is a full service fire/ water restoration company. We are a preferred contractor for many of the major Insurance Companies. Burke's has been in business since 1979. We strive to provide our clients with the finest and most efficient service possible. Please visit our website at www. burkesrestoration. ...
Looking for Fire & Water Damage Restoration pros in Markham?