Burke's Restoration Inc

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
98 Milvan Drive Toronto ON M9L 1Z6

Reviews for Burke's Restoration Inc

Basement flooring replaced after flood

I was extremely lucky to have K Sterling install my basement flooring after a second flood in a year. He was so professional, neat and considerate of the 3 people working in my home. His attention to detail was amazing and the quality of workmanship was phenomenal. He discussed any issues thoroughly with us if we had any questions. Would recommend Burke's Restoration. Both times we used this company and were highly satisfied.

Good Morning,

Thank you, for your kind words and positive feedback. Please feel free to contact us in the future and we would gladly assist you with all your project needs.
On behalf of myself and Burkes Restoration, I would like to thank you for your business and your review.

Robert & Sandi
Robert & Sandi

Thanks to Burke's for a Great Job Done

A year ago, my insurance company gave me the name of Burke’s Restoration along with a few others to do some restoration work following a flood in our basement. We got estimates from Burke’s and a few other companies not only on the insurance work but also on some private renovations for our ensuite bathroom, enlarged bedroom closet, powder room, laundry room and another room in our basement.

The insurance work was done really well but we put the private work on hold due to covid until this past May. Burke’s presented us with a line-by-line computer-generated estimate that was 15 pages long --- a bit overpowering but at least we knew what was included and appreciated the certainty. As requested, the quote allowed us to purchase most of the finishings for our bathroom ourselves as well as laundry cabinets and shelving from other suppliers.

Here’s what we appreciated the most:

Their carpenter, Gary, was here every day at 8 AM and was a very meticulous worker. At the end of each day, everything was put back in place and a clean-up was done as well. This enabled us to sleep in our bedroom while the bathroom and closet renos were taking place. He was never pressured to work faster and was very amenable and patient with our requests for changes along the way. He was extremely knowledgeable in his specialty areas.

Their plumber, another Gary, was able to correctly detect the source of a leak in a drainpipe that required only one breakthrough in a wall. We were also pleased by the work done by their electrician and tiler. We appreciate the coordination done by their manager, Alan.

All the work took a little longer than originally expected (about 10 weeks), but we are very happy how it all came out and are pleased to recommend Burke’s Restoration.

Good Afternoon Robert & Sandi,

Virginia
Virginia

Fire Restoration & Permit Construction

In 2018, our insurance company recommended Burke's to handle our home restoration after extensive smoke damage. We got several other quotes for the restoration and for basement waterproofing and a new construction project we decided to undertake at the same time. Based on our meetings with Burke's and their ability to match comprehensive quotes, we decided to grant them the full scope of work, including: full tear out and smoke remediation, basement interior waterproofing, construction on a new roof line design, new primary bedroom with vaulted ceiling, City permit inspections, complete exterior re-cladding of our home and a new backyard deck. We are so glad we made the decision to have Burke's handle our complete project. By the time we moved home in 2019, we considered Gary, George and the Burke's staff to be trusted friends (and still do!) Burkes did an excellent job and truly cared about the workmanship from top to bottom. In the fire restoration quoting process, they were honest with the insurance company and with us, carefully analyzing the extent of the damage and providing a comprehensive quote. In the extra work and new construction, they were able to match or out-bid other contractors. We learned that unlike new construction, the restoration process is unique and we always found Burke's to be patient with our questions. When minor snags or delays came up, it was usually due to sub-contractors. We visited our construction site every day and interacted frequently with the crew onsite and regularly with George and Gary. They always responded quickly and respectfully to our questions or concerns. Their in-house contractors, including general labour, electrician and plumbers were excellent. For the most part, the sub-contractors Burke's used were also good, including the plumbing, tiling, flooring and roofing contractors. We had issues with the HVAC company, but in the end, Burke's made sure we were back in our home on time and very happy with the end result. We highly recommend Burke's.

Good Afternoon Virginia,

babak.samareh
babak.samareh

Flood repairs

The entire apartment unit was flooded, Burkes did a great job with removing all the furniture, hardwood floors, cabinets, venting and drying, nee floors and moving everything back in. All done professionally with great communication. Highly recommend.

Thank you, Babak. I'm glad we could help in these uncertain times

Erminia
Erminia

floor restoration (bedroom besides living room)

My small condo downtown had water damage in living room since Nov 2019. Could not do any repair as tenants were there, would not like repair work while they were there. Replacement of hardwood floor was done to living room after they left May 31, 2021. Insurance was paying for this. I asked Burke's to replace the carpeted flor of the bedroom with a closet which was very hard to work on, layout had sharp angles , in triangular shape. They did an excellent job. Their workmanship, finishing, even clean up for the entire condo unit was great. I'm very happy with their level of work, truly professional
s

Good Afternoon Ermina,

Michelle from Scarborough
Michelle from Scarborough

Never Again

It has been a less than favourable experience dealing with them. The guys were lovely but I was not happy with the work they did after a few days, much less the lack of communication for a follow up address/ fixing the things that were not done in the first place. It’s been over SIX MONTHS and they have not found a piece of crown moulding to complete my wall, the floors, and the popcorn ceiling look bad, and things that had been glued when they should have been drilled and now coming off. Had I known dealing with them was going to be an issue I would’ve found a better company to deal with. Save your money, do your research and more importantly, use referrals.

Thameena in Orillia
Thameena in Orillia

Home Restoration after Fire in 2019

Want to say thank you for the job well done on finishing the reconstruction of our family home from July 24th, 2019 to July 24th, 2020. Within the year of the rebuild, your company has shown diligence and dedication to finish the work on time as promised which we truly appreciate. Our family home had an electrical fire and it was truly devastating for us, our extended family, friends, and our neighbourhood. Our Insurance company recommended Burke's for the job and Gary was on site giving us the breakdown of how the insurance and the rebuilding executes. We are very satisfied as it was originally stated we could move back after a year and a half but with your team’s hard work it happened within a year. We were surprised even during the past months with COVID-19 that your team were able to finish. I want to thank you for the professionalism and friendliness approach dealing with the fire damages done to our house. We really appreciate the quality of the work of our house.

A big thank you to George as he was so hard working, communicated with us everyday informing us of what was happening the week(s) leading up. George was organized setting up meetings with us for doors, kitchen, tiles, etc. and did a great job getting the trades onsite. I am especially grateful to Abraham, another great asset on your team. Abraham arrived onsite everyday starting at 6:30am and leaving after 5:00pm. He handled everything and went to Home Depot to buy all the supplies. Abraham made the whole project so enjoyable, his thoughtfulness, dedication, and quality of work. The whole team on site, put a lot of dedication and care into our home.

The house fire was very hard on our family, it was depressing, traumatic and made us anxious. This has been our home for 25 years filled with love, laughter, and coziness. With the help of Burke’s our spirits are lifted and feel at ease and satisfaction. We would highly recommend Burke’s Restoration to anyone who need assistance.

Thanks,

Anthony Scioli
Anthony Scioli
1 review Caledon, ON

Look no further!!!

My name is Heather and I own a home in Alliston with my husband, when water leaked in and some freakish thing happened whereby mold and mildew grew like the speed of lightening in the middle of winter and during a pandemic; we felt hopeless, helpless. Our home insurannce gave us a hard time, adjuster was missing in action and BE AWARE THEY DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT MOULD!!!!!! ITS NOT COVERED!!!! END OF STORY....BY NO INDURER IN ONTARIO!!!! NICOLE FROM Burks was on time to look at the damages and she treated us with respect and dignity. Words cannot describe how much it meant to us to be treated with kindness during such a rough time. We had to pay out of pocket but Mark God bless him too was very generous and today we can say in all our years of doing business it's very rare to find a company that isn't just about the $$$. It's a business that has integrity. We would have everybody and anybody we meet understand that calling burkes first is a sound decision for restoration work. We must also add the professionalism was superb, Nicole is clearly an educated woman and it is clear in her writing skills it was very refreshing she had no apostrophy catastrophes!!! Needless to say we are hopeful that people still exist that stayed awake during English classes. Thanks Burkes and keep up the good work, and know that your interaction with people MATTERS!!!!

Samantha
Samantha
15 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Unpleasant experience

I did not have a pleasant experience with any aspect of this company after we had water damage. This company caused us considerable stress and upset and I would not recommend them

Happy Home Owner
Happy Home Owner
1 review Newmarket, ON

Fabulous Kitchen Renovation

We cannot imagine a kitchen renovation going any smoother. As the project manager, Greg made sure the entire process was seamless as he carefully organized each aspect of the project. He kept us well informed of next steps so there were no last minute decisions and we could plan each day accordingly. We never felt that any question or request was too much and we appreciated Greg’s patience and guidance as we discussed all aspects of our kitchen design.

Many thanks to Cal, Steve, Dave, Gary, Rick and Massimo whose exemplary skills contributed to completing our renovation with the highest standards. Everyone was professional, punctual and courteous. As well, special thanks to Steve who was with us each day throughout the process; he treated our home like his own. Our kitchen was completed in record time and on budget. We are now enjoying our dream kitchen and will love it for years to come thanks to Greg and the Burke’s Restoration team.

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback. Please feel free to contact us in the future and we would gladly assist you with all your project needs.

More about Burke's Restoration Inc

Burke's Restoration is a full service fire/ water restoration company. We are a preferred contractor for many of the major Insurance Companies. Burke's has been in business since 1979. We strive to provide our clients with the finest and most efficient service possible. Please visit our website at www. burkesrestoration. ...
Looking for Fire & Water Damage Restoration pros in Markham?