Rocky Cross Construction (North) Limited

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
Bay S, 1338 - 36 Avenue NE Calgary AB T2E 6T6
HomeStars  >  Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Calgary  >  Rocky Cross Construction (North) Limited

Reviews for Rocky Cross Construction (North) Limited

sms in Calgary
sms in Calgary

DONT USE RCC CONSTRUCTION

These people are the worst company to use for a simple tear out dry wall and replace it. It took over 3 months to get them here, they put so much plaster on the walls the light covers can’t fit on properly. They couldn’t even cut a circle in the wall so I could hook my dryer vent back on. They also left paint cans with the lids off as they were going though old paint I had trying to find a match. Try to get these guys back here to fix the problem don’t even bother your better off watching YouTube and doing the hole project yourself.

We at Rocky Cross Construction North Ltd take customer concerns seriously. We make every attempt to deal with client matters immediately as they are brought to our attention. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any detail without the proper file name or address. I would be available for consultation if greater detail was available.

Chadillac in Calgary
Chadillac in Calgary

Repair of my home

We have appreciated the competence and responsiveness of your employees and professionalism within your company. Thank you for making this challenging situation bearable for all. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone in need of emergency work or repairs.

Jake Gunn in Calgary
Jake Gunn in Calgary

2 Claims in 3 months handled AMAZING

I had 2 floods in a short period of time, talk about bad luck. My first claim Rocky Cross was there within 30 minutes and they dried it out. During our reconstruction phase my basement had seepage that they dried out at a reasonable price. They repaired all the damage in no time flat. In fact, I didn't even see the workers because we used a lockbox and they just came and went as required with no fuss at all.

Thanks for the great work Bill!!

Mjonesyyc in Didsbury
Mjonesyyc in Didsbury
1 review Didsbury, AB

Hail damage claim.

Had a hard claim on my roof and siding. Insurance company put me in touch with RCCN to manage the process. Their employees and contractors were professional and easy to deal with. We were super happy with the entire process, the job was completed on the schedule that was agreed to and all mess was cleaned up to perfection. Would use these guys again.

Emergency services

Water emergency required in my basement. Very professional, extremely clean and polite. I would recommend them to anyone. The crews that performed the work would very knowledgeable and provided further clarity on future issues.

Bad business model

AMA hired rocky cross for our flooded basement in 2013. Their claims guy took forever to get our stuff inventoried, and it was incorrect several times. Their terrible hours didn't allow us to do he inventory efficiently. Once the inventory was correct, we got paid by AMA, we started our renovation. And completed it 1 year and two months after the flood (in 2015). Our stuff was in storage for three months longer than AMA would pay for, which neither AMA or Rocky Cross Told us about. In 2016 they sent us an invoice for $1,000 which we said we wouldn't pay because we never had an agreement with rocky cross, we were not informed of the rates, and were not told that our stuff would only be stored for one year. Today, in 2017, they called us again and threatened to take us to court. We paid this - but what a great business model -have your claim inventory take too long, delaying payment, then make up a magical amount that someone owes you without a contract, then threaten them with legal action.

Main Floor - Flood Damage

Our main floor bathroom flooded over Christmas 2016, and this was the emergency services company insurance called to do the tear out and dry out. For their emergency services I would rate them higher than their repair services and their lack of customer service. During the floor tear out and replacement our kitchen cabinets ended up being pushed out of square which caused our custom concrete counter tops to bow. They refused to acknowledge the problem or work with us to rectify the problem . No care or concerns for their mistakes and blatant disregard for the customers satisfaction. Wish I had read a few of the reviews before I went ahead with their services.

Hail damage

This company did the shoddiest workmanship in an unprofessional manner. Frustrating to deal with DO NOT think that them being on the insurers preferred contractors list makes them worthy they are NOT deserving to be called a restoration company because you are left with inferior repairs.

Ignore their customers, takes over a year to fix

My condo board hired this company when mine, and 4 other condominium flooded with the influx of rain Calgary got in 2016. My basement flooded in June 2016 and I am still waiting for the work to be completed (It is now Feb 23/2017). This company continues to tell me it is NORMAL for a 2 inch flooded basement to take almost a year to complete?
I have left many phone calls with my contacts, and I never receive a call back. I have been told that people have come to my house to work, when it's been a false (I was home), and when you get frustrated, they get hostile and play the blame game.
It is impossible to work with these guys, period.
I would NEVER recommend this company to anybody.

Hail damage repairs

They responded quickly after our claim was submitted, coming out to do the estimate and following up with repeated phone calls for us to send payment to seal the contract.
After that, we did not hear from them. They did not call to give an indication of when the work was to be done. Instead we were contacted by the subcontractors who didn't seem to know which areas needed to be repaired.
Due to the vagueness of the estimate which did not specify which areas were to be repaired and the lack of direction to the subcontractors, a major error was made. We tried to talk to RCC but they refused to listen or explain. We tried to settle the issue in a reasonable manner and were totally ignored.
Instead they kept sending us the same ultimatum: agree to their terms or they would not finish the job.
In the end we had to get the insurance company to intervene.
Beware of this company ! They are rude and dismissive and only seem to be concerned with their bottom line.