NIICO Millwork Group Ltd.

Formerly Fortino Custom Cabinets & Majestic Garage, Royal Custom Cabinets & Closets
Cabinetry & Millwork
61 Alex Avenue Woodbridge ON L4L 5X2
HomeStars  >  Cabinetry & Millwork in Vaughan  >  NIICO Millwork Group Ltd.

Reviews for NIICO Millwork Group Ltd.

Dr Clements in Old Toronto
Dr Clements in Old Toronto

Renovation Den/Home Office/Guest Bedroom

When my wife and I decided to renovate our den/home office/guest bedroom in our central Toronto condominium apartment we first gave a lot of thought to what we wanted to achieve and decided on a built-in unit with an L shaped corner desk, shelving for some of my publisher wife's many books, an entertainment section for the TV, VCR, DVD player and accessories, drawers to store clothing when the room was used as a guest bedroom and for things we wanted to store out of sight at other times, and a large filing drawer. We then, on our own, drew up a detailed "to scale" design for the structure. As our next step we consulted the HomeStars website, where we found the customer reviews very helpful. We interviewed four of the seemingly most highly recommended millwork companies and, very fortunately for us, decided on NIICO Millwork Group Ltd.

Vladimir, one of NIICO's project designers, came to our home and spent considerable time hearing what we wanted, reviewing our drawings, confirming our measurements and recommending materials. Using computer assisted design, he suggested very important improvements to our plans and then produced very detailed and exact 3D drawings of the unit. Shortly thereafter, we went to the NIICO showroom where Vladimir helped us make the final selection of materials, colors and accessories. A cost estimate was comparable to the other estimates we had received and, we felt, very fair.

Our unit was built in a timely way and within the time frame we had agreed to. Ryan, the installer, came to our apartment with the unit in sections and spent 3 days very meticulously assembling everything beautifully. He then returned a few days later to apply the few finishing touches. The accompanying "Before" and "After" photos show why we are so happy with the result.

My wife and I, who are perfectionists and incredibly fussy, can't say enough good things about our NIICO experience. Vladimir, our designer, was extremely intelligent, professional and helpful and a very nice person to boot. Ryan, our installer, was also a very personable young man and, like us, a perfectionist. He did everything as though he was working on his own home. Phil, the project scheduler, was also very pleasant and helpful as was Tanya, an office administrator.

This spring we are going to start planning an improvement to our living room and will definitely take the project to NIICO!

The "Before" and "After" photos are below.

Dr Clements

Rob from Oakville in
Rob from Oakville in

Complete Kitchen and Laundry Room Renovation

We are completely Over-the-Moon with our recent Kitchen from NIICO!! We were treated incredibly professionally; from the initial consultation and many subsequent planning and accessory shopping meetings with designer Melanie, to the drawing and customization of our plans by Draftsperson-Robyn and especially the flawless attention to detail provided by our Installer Mikel. The quality of cabinet and hardware materials far exceeded our expectations. Our project remained on budget with zero surprizes. Owner Joseph ensured that we were satisfied every step of the way!
NIICO is truly a Gem in the sea of kitchen companies in the GTA and an absolute pleasure to deal with! I would whole heartedly recommend NIICO to anyone seeking a high quality professionally installed kitchen!

Conversion of Dining area to Office

It is easy to build from scratch but to modify an existing area, especially one with unlevel surfaces, is a challenge. Niico Millwork Group more than met this challenge.
The space we wanted to transform into an office/study was a "dining area" with kitchen cabinets, a subway tile backsplash and a granite counter top. Melanie, our designer, came up with the perfect solution. She is talented and a pleasure to work with.
Brian, our installer, had to work with a ceiling and a granite counter top that was off by 1/4" over the span of 9 feet. He took his time to figure out how to minimize the unevenness and his attention to detail is exemplary.
I would highly recommend Niico Millwork Group if you want a job well done.

Neil in Toronto
Neil in Toronto

Wall Bed and Kitchenette

Amazing service from design consultation to installation. Very attentive and stuck to their schedule. There was a small deficiency and they replaced the entire wall bed door panel, no questions asked, and even after I signed off on it. I highly recommend them. Go meet with them and see their massive workshop were everything is made. Neil

Sandra from Toronto
Sandra from Toronto

Wall Unit for my den

I found Niico Millwork Group Ltd. at the Toronto Home Show. Melanie from Niico set up appointment with me at the show and I met up with her 2 days after the home show. She was very pleasant to deal with and she is extremely knowledgeable. I know exactly what I wanted for my wall unit and Melanie made my life really easy by providing more suggestions and keeping the cost low / reasonable. I was told installation of the wall unit will be about 8 weeks from the day I met with Melanie but they ended up delivering the product in about 4 weeks. I was extremely impressed. The day of installation, I was very impressed with the detail work that Mikel (one of the installers) did. He did consulted with me as to how I want certain pieces to look and he did exactly what I wanted. The wall unit turned out to look AMAZING. See picture attached. I highly recommend Niico Millwork Group Ltd.

Joeseph in Vancouver
Joeseph in Vancouver
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Closet shelving

We had a small closet in one of the bedrooms. It was hard for us to hang anything and we couldn't fold anything cause it didn't shelves. We hired them to make shelving for us. Now we can actually use the closet! Thanks you for service

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Custom Closet and storage

The owner Joe helped us recently with our home renovation which included a new custom closet and other custom shelving and mill work in the living room and mud room. Joe was professional, knowledgeable and overall exceeded our expectations. Their in-house designer also provided really good advice and creative ways to maximize space/ storage that we hadn't thought of but now that it's done, we're very happy to have made the changes. Timing for the job was of great importance for us as well as we are expecting and needed the job done before the baby arrived and Niico was bang on for timing as well. Overall we were blown away by them and would recommend them to anyone looking for custom mill work. Thanks Joe!!

1 review Kitchener, ON

Bedroom closet

Rob, the representative helped us figure out exactly what we needed. He kept in regular contact. The cabinets are top quality furniture. The delivery and installation men were on time, reliable competent and cleaned up afterwards.. Even when there were snags the workers did what was needed cheerfully. We were pleased with the results on all levels. I would highly recommend Fortino's.

sheldon from Toronto
sheldon from Toronto

Office/Den/Bedroom

My wife works from home and we needed a place for her to work, a place for me to watch tv and a bedroom space for our daughter wgen she visits from New York. It was a challenge for us in our newly renovated condos second bedroom.
We worked with Brian and he listened to our needs and designed a wonderful working space to accommodate all of our needs and requirements.
The installation was a challenge but Vil and Rick did an amazing job to complete the installation.
We recommend Fortino Custom Cabinets to everyone we talk to and whoever vists our new home.
Working with Fortino from design through to install was absolutely amazing and an absolute pleasure.

Saadet in Toronto
Saadet in Toronto

Custom made wall-to-wall closet for bedroom

Very bad experience with design and montage. By trying to correct these mistakes, problems got worse. Not able to close doors after hanging my clothes. Despite I asked repairs, I am ignored. My credit card is charged without my approval of the work. Damages generated to newly sanded floors and painted ceilings, no compensation. I do not recommend Fortino Custom Cabinets due to bad experience and battle that I had.

More about NIICO Millwork Group Ltd.

The very best in cabinetry and millwork, closet and storage solutions, kitchen and bathroom cabinets and design.