Patti-Lynn Interiors

Chantal from Whitby
Chantal from Whitby
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Carpet, Area Rugs, Paint, Blinds, Drapery, Hard Wood Flooring

We highly recommend Patti-Lynn to our friends and continually go back for a variety of projects. We don't live near Stouffville but it's worth the drive. The staff are very knowledgeable and really listen to your vision for the space. The pricing is always reasonable and you are never upsold. They have a large selection of brands and styles to suit everyone needs and budget. Also, when we had an technical issue with a Hunter Douglas blind, they dealt with HD, shipped the unit and made sure everything was taken care of for us. Looking forward to our next project together!

SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE DRAMA AND UNPROFESSIONALISM OF THIS BUSINESS

This company was referred to me by a good friend of mine as I had the last project (a simple herringbone marble backsplash) to finish after completing a 350K renovation.

As a owner of a small business myself, my clients are everything. I was so applaued by the handling of the entire situation that as a person that can relate to both sides (given I never post anything) I felt I HAD to post this!

As a very busy person running 4 retail location, I work 7 days a week. My friend referred them to me as they had done good work in his house. I decided to give them a try as they were locate and considered "headache" free.

It started out great, Christy book the appointment with me, I told for what I wanted, she brought the sample, I picked the classic white herringbone marble and she was off to do the quote.
Quote came back within a day, I did not negioate the price and she advised they need a 50% deposit to book. I gave her my credit card without any hesitation. This was the end of July and she suggested the items were in stock and they were booking for end of August at this point. Someone was suppose to call me.

No one ever called. I called them and was passed to Jeff, I explained that I never received a call to book and it was passed the time that it was suppose to be done. No problem, He booked me in for the following week which was Sept 8.

September 7th, coming around and I received a call fron Jeff stating they weren't able to come the following day as they were still stuck on the last job as their current customer keep changing their minds and has delayed that project. That not really my fault! I was the easy client and now more delays. That's was also fine, what could we do but reschedule as he suggested - We did for Sept 15.

September 15th came, the installer team show up, very nice and quiet guys, they did their best not to interrupt our regular life and kept our house clean. As I have stated before, I live a very busy lifestyle and had lots to do, I felt comfortable leaving the guys by themselves at our house. So I was on my merry way.

I decided to go back to the house to ensure the guys were ok. As I arrived I noticed the tile was installed incorrectly. I would have thought a company that does this would know how to install herringbone. They installed it in the side. OMG!

I never said anything to the install as the work quality was actually great! tile looked gorgeous but it was the wrong way. So I calmly called Christy and as soon as I mentioned that it wasn't install correctly. She immediately guess how they did it and she knew it was wrong. She told me she would call me back.

I got a call back from Jeff giving my total lip service. I undertand things happen but the tone and the handling was applauling. He was trying to tell that the last customer installed like that and that's why they did it like that which was the crazy answer I ever heard. He then went on telling me they should have had a drawing which also is not my problem. They told me they were already ripping it off and he would have to reorder (when they originally had the stuff in stock) and didn't know when they would be able to come back. After being delay that long, pushed back, and now installed incorrectly, I was basically getting penalized again by them when it was their fault. There was things that I questioned he said cause he was going back and forth ( ie: Jeff said they are currently ripping the tile off and then he asked me if I wanted him to tell them to stop, I said how could we stop them now as he suggested they had already started taking it down, he suggested them they might have only taken off 3 - 4 ft, but they really only did 6 ft that day, so how would they have saved it, if it was already 70% taken down) What the heck ... They were many trival comments made like this - that are a waste of my time to mention. This conversation ended nowhere.

I called back to speak with Christy to see if she could shed some light. She informed me Rick was on his way to see if they could re-salvage anything.

Rick called me fron the house and started the conversation with " I googled herringbone and sometimes its installed on its side!" REALLY!!!!!!! THis conversation went south fast, I told him I have never seen that and pretty much everyone know how herringbone looks - and it didn't look like that! He didn't like that I was suggesting that herringbone is never installed like that and he should look on HOUZZ!! never installed like that! He then went on to tell me that they were being penalized as they would have to start all over again and their product was ruined - AGAIN NOT MY FAULT. He must have been frustrated - I mentioned I just felt a little uncomfortable with the situation as we were basically going to get delayed again with NO DAY GIVEN! He went straight to " I'm more then happy to given you your money back" REALLY! that's you're best solution! RUDE, you're suppose to provide a solution and calm the customer fears! All I needed would have been "I apology the mistake was made, I will try and fix this asap." But the tone was despicable!

It the end of the day, I'm the paying customer, after getting pushed sooo much, having been talk to like it was my fault. I was spent! They never called me back that day, my husband called to find our what was going on. Jeff suggested he was in the middle of doing my refund. Yet he asked my husband for my credit card number - ANOTHER FIB! you weren't in the middle of it - your don't even have my credit card number!

The whole thing was super twisted, some other thing were said but that was the jist of it.

Save yourself from people who don't deserve your hard earned money and will treat you like you're crazy and not worthy. There is a million and one other places to get this work done! Remember that!

Putting myself in "Owners" shoe, I have dealt with much more demanding customers and can't believe it ended like that.

END OF STORY - CHRISTY AND INSTALLERS WERE TOP NOTCH.... AVOID THE REST.

Pierre from Mount Albert
Pierre from Mount Albert
3 reviews Kettleby, ON

Great service Great products at good prices

Stair runner installed

John came to the house with an assortment of samples and we found one we loved. He was very helpful.
We're very happy with the whole process from in home consultation and follow up after.
They definitely back up there installs and product and were very quick to resolve any concerns we had.
We will be definitely go back with future purchases.

1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Floor installation, draperies and chair painted and reupholstered

Our relationship with this company began well. We had a hardwood floor installation that was on time and professionally done. Because of that, we went to them for 2 sets of draperies, a chair painting and reupholstering and recovering of a valence. I couldn't believe that so many things could go wrong. First of all, they made a mistake in the measurement of the bedroom drapes so that they did not fit. This was after waiting literally months for them to be delivered. It then took a couple of months for them to be fixed. We then asked for a different consultant and got Patti herself to recover an existing valence and to make drapes for the same window. When I hadn't heard anything, I stopped into the store, only to find that Patti had completely forgotten about recovering the valence and was making some awful frilly thing instead. When I pointed out the mistake, she said, "oh, I hope we have enough fabric!". Ultimately, they did and that job was complete. I then asked her to repaint and reupholster an antique chair (why I did at that point, I have no idea). The chair came back, looking good but, I swear, with no filling. When you sit on it, you feel the wooden base. I won't deal with this company again. It's a shame because they have a wonderful selection of fabrics and they did a great job on the floors - the only reason I gave them any rating at all.

Steve from Etobicoke
Steve from Etobicoke

Carpet Installation

My wife and I checked out two other stores before deciding to go with Patti-Lynn. The store is very welcoming - offering many decorating ideas. Patti was personable, offered great advice, and was able to push our project within the week. The installers were polite and professional. By the end of the day - the basement done, and all stairs re-carpeted! Very pleased with the end result!

Ashley from Markham
Ashley from Markham

Complete business renovation

Patti-Lynn Interiors is a fantastic company. Their service, and selection is great. They made wonderful suggestions, and completed my business project on time and on budget! I would recommend them to anyone wanting the best of the best. Check out Memory & Company on google to see the amazing work they did.

Dawn from Oshawa
Dawn from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Blinds

I have used Patti-Lynn interiors for many projects in our home over the years (laminate flooring, carpet, tile, window coverings) in which we have consistently received excellent customer service. The most recent purchase was for new blinds in our kitchen. Lindsay was very professional and a pleasure to deal with in choosing the right option for our needs. We went with roll down shades that look amazing and we have compliments on them whenever someone visits our home. I highly recommend Patti-Lynn Interiors.

Leanne Stamper from Uxbridge
Leanne Stamper from Uxbridge
1 review Uxbridge, ON

Paint, flooring (carpet, vinyl, laminate)

We've been going to Patti-Lynn Interiors for years! We heard about them through a friend & now start there whenever we are considering a project. The store staff are always very informative & helpful, answering our questions & guiding us to the appropriate products depending on our wants (comfort or appearance), needs (kids, pets, daily wear & tear) & our skill level to either do it ourselves or suggest an installer. It is always a pleasure. We look forward to our next transformation with your help!

Service was great

Portwhitby79 from Barrie
Portwhitby79 from Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Flooring

Having been recommended to this company and seen their work we went straight to them when we wanted our project to begin. They were not friendly from the start but having seen the work and scared to try others we placed our order. They came out and measured and we agreed to the pricing. From there the process went down hill. From not stating the true timelines for the product to come in to continual excuses and only communications received were via email to state additional delays. What company doesn't pick up the phone to say the product is yet again delayed. We called the supplier to find out the product was never scheduled to come in on the original date or the second date received but always the 3rd date we received. With out house completely torn apart we decided to cut our ties with this company after 2 months of email communications and found a company that offered the same product and have been happy ever since. Save yourself headaches and time dealing rude salespeople. When we asked for things in writing we got nothing. They refused to put things down on paper.

Hello portwhitby79,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent flooring project. We are sorry that your experience with Patti-Lynn Interiors was a negative one. As flooring retailers, it is very difficult to control overseas production timelines and global shipping. The experience of backorders from our suppliers is equally as frustrating to us, as we would love to be able to complete a client’s project within their timelines and exceed their expectations. As with all our clients when it comes to uncontrollable backorders, we offer one of three options; we present comparable alternative flooring choices, offer to refund your deposit if you wish to find an alternative elsewhere, or allow the client to wait for the backordered product. In your case, you opted to wait for the product, and it was unfortunate that the overseas manufacturer and shippers were unable to give us accurate timelines and revised the date numerous times. It was also equally frustrating to us that they could not promise a date in writing, and therefore we were unable to promise a date in writing to you. Any update to the status of your order from the manufacturer to us was given to you within minutes of us receiving it and were sent via email in order to provide an “in writing” response as requested. We have since removed this product from our sample offerings at Patti-Lynn Interiors to ensure that future clients do not have the experience with backorders that you had. We are glad you found an alternative floor to your liking, and are truly sorry that your experience was a negative one.

More about Patti-Lynn Interiors

Patti-Lynn Interiors is your complete interior decorating centre. Offering you top quality flooring including hardwood, carpet, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, cork, ceramic and stone tile, porcelain tile and area rugs, plus paint and paint supplies, along with custom blinds and drapery. Our commitment to quality, professionalism and providing superior flooring installations ...