Parkwood Master Builder

Reviews for Parkwood Master Builder

Mark and Kristina  in St. Albert
Mark and Kristina in St. Albert

Parkwood Home's Rookie Sales Person of the Year

We moved into our new Parkwood home in St. Albert, this past January (2019). Overall, we have had a great experience with Parkwood Homes, and would recommend this company to others. In particular, Lionel from the Riverside showhome, has been fantastic to deal with! We can certainly understand how he has been nominated for Rookie Sales Person of the Year. He is knowledgeable, helpful, and works hard to address any of our questions or concerns. Congrats Lionel! Plus, we wanted to extend a special mention to our awesome design consultant Dustin! Finally, we are extremely appreciative for the wonderful support that Sherri (sales manager) and her team provides us, on an ongoing basis!

Thank you Mark and Kristina for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear of your fantastic experience with Lionel and the team! Congratulations on your brand new Parkwood home and we truly appreciate having the opportunity to build it for you! We wish you many amazing years in it!

Ernesto & Cathy in St. Albert
Ernesto & Cathy in St. Albert

Parkwood Homes' Rookie of the Year

This is our second home with Parkwood, our experience so far has been great with everyone, starting from Lionel at the Riverside's Showhome to the staff at the office (Jill & Dustin) and also Adrian the Site Supervisor.
Lionel has been very helpful in answering questions and suggesting ideas when we asked for change orders, we thank him for his dedication and professionalism. The outside hasn't been completed yet therefore we'll leave a full review when all is done. Thank you again

Thank you so much Ernesto & Cathy for your wonderful review of Lionel and the team! We are so happy to hear of your great experience and truly appreciate having the opportunity to not only build one, but two of your new homes! We wish you many years of joy and happiness in your Parkwood home! Thanks again!

Matthew in Saint Albert
Matthew in Saint Albert
2 reviews St. Albert, AB

Go to Lionel at Parkwood

We just built and moved into our new home. Throughout the process Lionel was there to support us and provide guidance. He answered our questions quickly and succinctly. Lionel really went the extra mile for us and made us feel comfortable at every stage of the process.

We love our new house!

Thank you!

M&E

Thank you so much Matthew for your wonderful review and feedback on working with Lionel! We are thrilled to hear of your experience and wish you all the best in your brand new Parkwood home! Thanks again!

rob in Edmonton
rob in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Once they get your money they ignore you

I had Parkwood come and build a house next to mine. I am also in a Parkwood home. I had my final grade completed and they wrecked it during the excavation. I knew this would be a possibility, so I just had final grade done and had not laid down my rock. I contacted their seasonal department , only to have the run around. End of the day they sent someone to repair the damage. They did not complete the simple task. Instead simply leveled the area out. It matched my neighbours at rough grade. They refused to send someone out to speak with me at my property and then cut off all communication with me. An absolute disgrace.

We're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the actions and courtesy repairs we provided towards touching up your property’s grade that looked to be disturbed from our actions of building next door. We always strive provide the utmost customer service and with that we ensured this work was completed.

Vida Boye in Edmonton
Vida Boye in Edmonton

Retirement Home with Parkwood

When we were looking for a house, we toured many show homes and visited many builders. Location was a big factor in choosing our house, but the overall experience with Parkwood at the show home was the deciding factor in going with them in GLENRIDDING.
It was designed from scratch and I made all the decisions for the interior from their many selections available. They informed me about their various stages till my house was ready in a reasonable time.
Ron Torrella provided exceptional service from the time of our first meeting right through and up to the Possession of our home. Any questions or concerns we had through the building and purchasing process Ron was very responsive and was able to provide us with the information we needed. He was very pleasant, genuine and enjoyable to work with. Ron was professional as well as personable and made building our home a positive experience. He followed through and always took the time to support and address our inquiries and concerns. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Ron to anyone, including our friends.

Thank you so much Vida for sharing your wonderful home buying and build experience. We are so pleased to hear of how happy you are with Ron on our Sales Team and with you new Parkwood home! We wish you years of happiness and joy in your new home!

The Turla's in Edmonton
The Turla's in Edmonton

Kingsbury - Aurora Community

We were so fortunate to have found Ron Torrella, Area Sales Manager for Laurel Crossing and Aurora, together with Heidi when we decided to look new house. As our contact persons, Ron and Heidi helped us find the right house in the right neighborhood for the right price.

Generally, they met our expectations. At every twist and turn that we began to feel stress, Ron offered solutions or alternatives. He gave us the confidence that we were making the right decision with the right builder.

In short, they was always on our side working to make our house purchase as simple and they were always more focused on answering our questions, giving us good advice, and finding options that met our needs. Ron and Heidi will be our first referral when we hear of someone looking for new house.

Thank you so much Turla family for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear of the assistance, help and expertise you received from our Sales Team! We wish you many years of joy and happiness in your Kingsbury home! All the best!

Santokh aujla  in Timberlea
Santokh aujla in Timberlea
1 review Fort Mc Murray, AB

All over

I was planning to buy a house in Edmonton and when we were just looking I talk to Hiedi and Ron they are fantastic guys, they help us all the way and they represent the parkwood very effective way then I made my mind of city the house Parkwood, even call them on their days they never hesitate to answer my phone and clear our doubts and help choosing the hose stuff from top to bottom, all the staff is very helpful I will thank them and recommend my friends that they buy the home from Parkwood specifically from Heidi and Ron,
Thanks guys for helping us, Good luck

Thank you so much Santokh for your wonderful comments and feedback! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and are so happy to you found your new home with Parkwood! Congratulations and all the best!

dilvir in Calgary
dilvir in Calgary

New home

I bought my very first house from them. I am extremely unhappy with them. I will never let my family or friend to buy a housefrom them. Trade mens that the hire are extremely lazy , for example painter left so many difficult spots to reach unpainted and some spots looks like painter by some unprofessional person. Trade men was so lazy that they didnt filled any silicone behind all my sinks because ofcourse hard to reach surface. I had roof leaking very first year, later one of the bath tub had a hole in it. They couldnt get a cracked fixed on one of my wall , it keep coming back and now warranty over for that. I had a sewer back up in the basement in the second year. Its over two year and i havent got my rough grading done yet. Everytine i email them , they blame the weather but icannot understang how other builders are getting it done when they have same weather. My neighbours moved a year later then us and their biulder got everything for them last year. I hope i dont have to pay penalty to city because they keep sending me warning letter as i have already paid so much penalty for buying house from parkwood master builders.

Thank you for your feedback - we are so sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your home. Any concerns that were brought up prior to your warranty year-end were addressed at that time. Items brought up after the year would have been out of warranty. As for the sewer back-up, this was a break on the city side and not something that falls under the builder. We understand that the rough grade has taken some time but is now done and waiting on the city for inspection. If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact warranty@parkwoodhomes.ca.

Chris Butlin in St. Albert
Chris Butlin in St. Albert

Riverside St.Albert

I wanted to wait to write a review until we had actually gone through the entire process of the build and received possession (~12 months) of our new home.

Overall I say the whole experience in dealing with Parkwood has been outstanding. They have been great to deal with through the entire process, and everyone we worked with from Randy in sales, to the office staff, Jill and Dustin in design, the trades who completed the build, Nick the site supervisor, all have been fantastic to this point. The finished product of the home is amazing, and I still feel awe struck when I enter our front door. We were able to customize many aspects of our home, and Parkwood was able to provide solutions and options to make our home feel like it was what we exactly wanted.

The process from putting down an initial deposit to possession is long, and you have to be patient, but in the end it was worth it and I'm very glad we chose Parkwood and our floor plan.

My only advice is that if you are considering building, and you have your heart set on a specific lot, put down a deposit to secure it right away. It is refundable and we missed out on our first choice due to indecision on our part. Secondly, ask lots of questions when meeting with your sales person and eventually the designers. They may take some time to get back to you with a cost or an answer, but its better to be clear on your decisions before the final pre-build meeting.

So in terms of a recommendation, if I was to do it all again and build, I would definitely use Parkwood again. I also have no problem recommending them to a friend.

Thank you so much Chris for your thorough review! We are so happy to hear of your great experience and appreciate all of your feedback and helpful tips for other homeowners! We wish you all the best in your new Parkwood home and thank you again for giving us the opportunity to build your home!

Corey in Saint Albert
Corey in Saint Albert

Buyer Beware

Where to begin with Parkwood "Master" Builder? There should have been red flags at the beginning of our house buying search. We were looking in the Rosenthal neighbourhood as that was our first choice area. The first sales lady that we encountered at the show home seemed a little arrogant and even said to us that "she didn't need to sell this home because owns her own business on the side". She was quickly replaced by another sales person who was not much better. Long story short he was let go from the company not long after as well. Vey high turn over rate on employees in this area. We should have walked away but the price was right and we loved the lot and area so we pushed forward. We worked with one of the people from the head office because of all the trouble we had with the local sales rep, and he helped us the rest of the way through the purchase. Flash forward -- in the building process everything seemed to be going well, but when we stopped in one day to check out the progress, every change order that we had made was not communicated to their trades. We only had three changes and not a single one had been done. I guess it was a good thing we stopped in randomly. Other than that, the rest of the building process was great. We even got possession of the house about a month before we originally were expecting to move in. We were very happy when we moved in as the house was great and other than a few minor things ( which all houses have). All I can say is if you decide to go with this builder make sure all your seasonal items are complete before you give them any money. The trouble all started when it came time to get our driveway, sidewalk and rough grade done. They will constantly avoid you at all costs. I have personally phoned them 4 times and have not once received a call back. You would think that after spending over a half million dollars someone would at least pick up the phone. NO ONE ANSWERS THEIR PHONES AT PARKWOOD MASTER BUILDER. I have been told through email that they have "No Control" over what their trades are doing. We finally received a call back today from a representative (following an email stating we'd be putting our a poor review) and when I asked them about not having any control over where their trades are working, she replied " Do you expect me to know what they had for lunch too? I don't know what they are doing during the day." I can only imagine how long it will take to get our rough grade done. I am writing this today before our year is complete because if I can save one person from this company it will be worth it.

Hi Corey – as per all of the discussions that you and Jennifer have had with multiple Parkwood team members, your seasonal work is on the work schedule of our trades. We deal with over 160 trade partners and therefore do not know each and every one’s complete work schedules. Seasonal work is completed by area and only during the seasonal timeframe (as is the same for every other Edmonton builder), with weather permitting – something that is out of everyone’s control. As per your conversations with our multiple team members informing you that you would be receiving your concrete today (and now have it) we do hope that you are enjoying your driveway, and if we have more sunny days like today your rough grade should soon be able to follow. Thanks.

More about Parkwood Master Builder

Parkwood Master Builder has actively chosen to be a small volume builder placing emphasis on customer service and high quality workmanship. For over 30 years, we have taken the time to get to know each of our homeowner’s needs so that we can deliver the personal touch to transform each ...
Looking for Builders pros in Edmonton?