Calgary Lock & Safe Ltd

Reviews for Calgary Lock & Safe Ltd

Jen Ben in Calgary
Jen Ben in Calgary

Emtek Door

During our recent home reno we worked with Rob at Calgary Lock and Safe in choosing Emtek hardware for our new exterior doors. Rob was knowledgeable about the product, but what made our experience stand out was his patience in explaining and re-explaining the benefits of each available product and choosing the right handling. We had our locks installed by the company who installed out new doors and they installed them incorrectly. Despite this, Rob worked through our issues patiently, as did the technician that he procured to assist us, even through we had chosen to install with another company. I would highly recommend Rob, and Calgary Lock and Safe.

Craig from Calgary
Craig from Calgary

Replaced 1 door lock.

EXPENSIVE!! Stay clear!! This company charges $76.00 just to drive to your place then charges you $90.00/hour to do something when they get there. Yes you read that correct. They basically charge $76.00 to do nothing then charge $90.00/ hour for labour. I myself am a service plumber, and if a plumber says "that's way to much!" You can bet, it is!!!

Locksmith Service

I called Calgary Lock and Safe at 9:50 am to get a replacement key for my vehicle that was in the airport parking lot. I was booked for an after lunch, afternoon appointment and quoted $220. I called the office at 4 pm to see when they were sending the locksmith. I was told by the office that their guy was just working on a job and would be calling me next. I received a call at 5:40 pm and was told by the locksmith that my call is now an after hours call and it will cost me $275 or I can rebook for the next day. It was Friday evening and I needed my car so was left with no choice. I wouldn't trust this company to do any work for me again.

Nicole
Nicole

Locks for house

Excellent service. Knowledgeable staff who were able to help us out and recommend the right locks for our house.
Very happy with the advice we received and the price we paid

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Installer took much longer than required. Keep watch at all times!

The locksmith came on time, and gave an estimate of $250 (including the $76.90 Service call fee) to install locks on 3 doors. The garage door required a modification, which was included in the quote. He ended up taking much longer, and installed an extra part without first receiving my consent on the cost of it. If you hire this company, be prepared to monitor him the whole time he is working. I believe the locksmith was inexperienced which contributed to the much longer install time - he had to pull the lock out and re-install several times...I also heard him talking on the phone once. I regret not watching him complete the whole job, but went to do other things while he was working on the doors, and only checked and monitored him occasionally. The locks were very standard locks, and he had to read the instructions to figure out how to install them. The extra $45 part he installed was also unappealing, and not installed flush to the door. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with the service and professionalism.

Changing Locks in an emergency

The Customer service lady was helpful and informative. They were able to come the same day and they showed up within the time-frame they said.
Adam was very friendly and knowledgeable. He had accreditation, and I felt safe letting him into my home. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Glad to hear your experience was positive. Thanks for the feedback and please don't hesitate to tell your friends :)

Kori from Calgary
Kori from Calgary

Keyless Lock fix

I purchased a keyless lock system and the installers (not with Calgary Lock & Safe) must have bent a part when installing so it didn't operate as it should. They sent a tech (Jeremy) to look at the lock and had it fixed right away. I had ordered a bolt and knob for the back door and the size didn't fit so they refunded me the amount which paid for the service of fixing the Keyless system. Also Jeremy keyed the replacement bolt and knob for the back door to match the front. He was extremely helpful and worked quickly. I'm really happy with the service and professionalism that Jeremy provided. The only part I wasn't happy with was the wait for the Keyless system as it was on back order which was out of Calgary Lock and Safe's hands as it's manufactured from a different company.

Thanks for the review. We're always happy when you're happy. If there's anything else we can do please let us know!

Judy Stevenson from Calgary
Judy Stevenson from Calgary

Locks re-keyed

After having another locksmith cancel or no-show twice, I called Calgary Lock & Safe because I saw one of their service vans parked in my neighbourhood a couple of times (great advertising). The customer service by phone was excellent, and the locksmith (Rob) called in the afternoon as expected. He arrived quickly, explained a little about the locks and was done promptly within about 15 minutes. The cost was even a little less than the first locksmith. Rob also went above and beyond by adjusting a doorknob that was very difficult to turn. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company or use them again.

Sorry to hear you were "no-show'd" twice before finding us. We take great pride in 1) doing what we say we are going to do, 2) doing it on time, and 3) doing it for the price we quote. Thanks for giving us a chance to prove it.

Anne from Calgary
Anne from Calgary

Residential Locks Replaced

I had all my locks replaced in my home with high security locks. I have only had these locks for about 6 months. The lock that I use to enter my home everyday sticks really badly. I called this company and they said the locks may need servicing after 6 months at a cost of $120. I said my cheaper locks lasted me almost 12 years before they were sticking as badly as this lock. When I replaced my locks I asked about warranty and they said if there is a problem with the locks they would look after it, at no time did they tell me that they would look after it for a $120 charge. These high security locks with installation are very expensive. I was much happier with my cheaper locks. If this lock does need to be serviced or replaced I won't be using this company to do it.

Hi Anne,

We're certainly not happy to hear that you're having sticking issues with your locks. All of our locks are manufacturer warrantied so depending on your locks, they will be covered between 2-10 years. What's likely happening in your case is a door-alignment issue. Generally when you feel a lock "stick" it's because the latch (http://www.handlehub.co.uk/square-tubular-mortice-door-latch-premium-hafele.html) is scraping the hole in your frame. This happens most during the change of seasons as materials expand and contract with the change in weather. Luckily it's usually just a small tweak to the hinges or latch itself.

When you spoke with our representative, they likely informed you that if there was a hardware charge there would be warranty on any defaults in the product. However if it wasn't a hardware-related issue, we would charge for the labour to fix the door issue ($120).

Please feel free to call us directly 24/7 @ 403.250.5698

Tina Petersen from Calgary
Tina Petersen from Calgary

Accidently Locked Room Inside Home

Jeremy came to open a locked door for us today. He was quick, professional and an out of the box thinker in solving our unique lock situation. The dispatcher service on the phone was quick and courteous. Finally, Jeremy, the technician, arrived right on time. Thank you for great service!

Hi Tina! Glad we were able to get you in your room. Don't be afraid to tell your friends :)

More about Calgary Lock & Safe Ltd

Calgary Lock & Safe Ltd. is a locally-owned company that has been providing residential and commercial services since 1985. Our certified Journeyman Locksmiths hold themselves to a high level of professionalism and are committed to working with our clients. Our goal is to tailor the best security solution to suit ...