O'Reilly Brothers Ltd

Reviews for O'Reilly Brothers Ltd

gauthier3 in Ottawa
gauthier3 in Ottawa

Attic insulation

Best company!! They came on time and did a fantastic job. They taped everything off really well then filled the attic. Had me inspect the job, then cleaned ecerything up. Even vacummed all around the hall and stairs. I hinestly cannot believe how much care they took and how meticulous they were. We have had other contractors around the house for other work and i have never dealt with a company like this. Awesome.

Tara from Ottawa
Tara from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Insullation in attic space

Lower Attic they Pulled back existing insulation from soffit area. Installed soffit baffles where missing.
Air sealed the perimeter of main plumbing stack, hatch & electrical openings in attic area with expandable foam.
Upgraded exisitng attic insulation with 10" loose Cellulose insulation to achieve R-50. Installed weather-stripping onto attic hatch.
Installed R-50-batt. Upper Attic Pulled back existing insulation from soffit area. Installed soffit baffles where missing. Air sealed the periemter of main plumbing stack, hatch electrical openings in attic
area with expandable foam. Upgraded existing attic insulation with 7" of loose Cellulose insulation to achieve R-50. Installed weather-stripping onto attic hatch& installed R-40 batt.

My only criticism is that when they are done they seal up the attic door (to help insulate) and so the homeowner never gets to actually see what has been done, perhaps they could take a few photos before they seal up and attach the photos to the invoice?

Alexei from Ottawa
Alexei from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Good, but I'm a bit torn

We got O'reilly to top up attic (cellulose) insulation to R-50 from about R-26, spray foam our basement to R-20 with headers to R-24 and coat the headers and a few walls with cementitious coating for fire resistance since we were going to do a drop ceiling instead of drywall.

Appraisal, attic insulation top-up and spray foaming the entire basement went great 10/10 on that and props to the guys for doing a good job. Prep, clean-up and the work were all done well.

The cementitious application though wasn't nearly as good. Because application of this stuff requires extensive setup and clean-up, O'Reilly charges close to $500 for setup/teardown in addition to per square foot application cost.

Unfortunately the crew applying cementitious (different from those doing attic top-up or spray foam) failed to properly prep or clean up. The actual application was good but we ended up with chunks of cement covering our belongings 8 feet away from any exterior wall since the crew didn't cover it. The crew was also totally unprepared for the clean-up - all they had was a small broom and a dustpan that was hardly sufficient for the amount of mess this generated. They ended up using OUR shop vac, OUR step stool and our broom to clean up the mess. Needless to say, wet cement does not help any of these things operate better. We have then looked around our lawn and noticed a few fairly large areas covered with cementitious where (I think) they were using/washing their equipment. Needless to say that covering grass with cement doesn't help it grow nor does cement dissolve within a day or two! It took us about an hour to clean up the bulk of what was left on the grass. And let's not forget that we paid the $500 setup fee! To their credit though, when I called O'reilly and explained the situation they did offer to refund half that setup costs but this has still left a sour taste for us.

Now you know why I'm torn. Attic insulation and basement spray foam were excellent but cementitious was a disaster. I would still recommend O'Reilly because 2 of 3 experiences were great but I'd say that you should be around and monitor their progress as quality of the work may vary by the crew doing it.

Renoker in Ottawa
Renoker in Ottawa
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Attic clean out and insulation

There were animals living in the attic of our new house and they tore up all the insulation and used it as their bathroom for what looked liked years. O'Reilly Bros came in, empties the attic, sanitized it, added two inches of spray foam and the topped up with loose fill insulation to bring the R value up to at least R50. They did a great job, were clean and professional.

Asbestos Paper Removal

Dealing with O'Reilly Brothers was a refreshing change. We needed to get some asbestos paper removed from around our wall registers. They actually answer the phone when you call them, they were extremely quick in scheduling the service, and they offered honest advice. Work took about 3 hours, both the estimator (Garth) and the person doing the work (Mark) were helpful and professional. After the work was performed I realized they had missed some registers with asbestos, they immediately came back and fixed the issue. Highly recommend.

6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Asbestos Removal

O'Reilly Brothers Ltd
613-224-2052
NEPEAN
K2G0E7

O’Reilley Brothers was hired to remove asbestos around some old duct work. A team of two employees removed the asbestos which was mostly located in our basement and around baseboard registers. We had concerns related to the the level of personal protection the employees were wearing but were reassured by the company. A few months after the work was completed, we happened to discover more asbestos around some registers. O'Reilly Brothers provided honest advice over the phone and came back to remove the material to ensure the job was complete. We would recommend this company based on their honesty in a market where homeowners can often be taken advantage of.

Andres from Ottawa
Andres from Ottawa

Attic insulation

Fantastic company: I had Bob and Tony in my house to top up my attic insulation. They were a bit early and did a fantastic job! Made sure everything was covered and carefully handled things inside the house. Also, they were very friendly and gave me lots of advice for some issues I had around my house. They asked me to check their job and to make sure I was happy with everything. These guys were very professional. Chris, who gave me the initial quote a few weeks ago, was also very knowledgeable and friendly. He listened to me and gave me his quote based on my needs.

Richard from none
Richard from none
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Spray Foam Insulation

It's a pleasure to deal with O'Reilly Brothers. We've had our share of bad experiences, and I'm happy to say that this was not one of them. Everything went as smooth as silk! We were pleasantly surprised with the price, and the guys who did the spray foaming did a great job. Thanks!

PC from Ottawa
PC from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Insulation of attic

Having taken three quotes, I was impressed with O'Reilly Bros right from the get go. The salesman, Chris, appeared more knowledgeable and thorough than the reps from the other two companies. We already had Cellulose Fibre insulation and Chris explained why blowing more of the same would be better than adding fibreglass, for example. He also was the only one to propose replacing the existing bathroom fan air ducts with insulated flexpipe in order to reduce condensation. We had also asked that existing insulation be pulled back from soffits and new soffit baffles be installed.

The crew showed up on time and finished on time and cleaned up after themselves. I took a look into our attic before they left and to my inexperienced eyes, the work appeared to have been done and done well. I paid by credit card over the phone the same day.

What really pushes this company over the top for me was actually what happened next. The day following the work, I noticed that one of the bathroom fans was not sucking air. I gave Chris a call and explained the problem. Without being defensive at all he simply stated that he would arrange for a different crew to come out and take a look at the problem. They came when he said they would and immediately identified the problem, inadvertently caused by the previous team, and fixed it.

Keep in mind here that I had already paid for the work in full.

Any company which does great work and then stands behind that work is well deserving of a 10/10 rating.

Very well done. Kudos to Chris and his colleagues at O'Reilly Bros.

Lucrezia Frechette from Embrun
Lucrezia Frechette from Embrun
1 review Russell, ON

insulation redo, basement, attic and pony walls

We live in an old farmhouse in Embrun and this Winter has been brutal in terms of temperature and home heating expenses. We finally decided to have the old basement insulated with spray foam, the attic and pony walls upstairs redone. All this to say that for the last three days a company was here doing all this work. They renewed our faith in decency and professionalism. We tip our hats to O'Reilly Brothers LTD of Ottawa. Two crews (4 men) did the job, and we couldn't have asked for better. Such precautions were taken to ensure the mess (it is a messy job) was minimized. When they left, you could hardly tell they had been there. Thank you O'Reilly Brothers and staff, we will undoubtedly recommend you to our friends.