HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Toronto  >  Royal Home Improvements

Reviews for Royal Home Improvements

Royal Home Improvements delivered our project on time and on budget. My wife and I would like to thank Lupo Cinco our Project Manager for his diligence and fairness which brought this project to a successful conclusion with complete satisfaction.

Lori in Toronto

As with alot of basements , our was damp and had a mildew smell , Royal Home Improvements came in and efficiently removed and replaced all damaged materials ....its now a pleasant room to enjoy . On top of this they did an amazing job renovating the washroom ,Thankyou Royal !!!

UNHAPPY in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

I had Royal do my kitchen renovation because they were recommended by carp. Big mistake! Terrible, terrible job took nearly 3 months. Did not get what I wanted, so, they refunded me $100.00 here and $50.00 there for that. They broke a mirror wall. Paint was ripped off the wall because they used the wrong tape. They kept promising to fix just wanted more money first. Now I have a wall with 2 different colours. I have to paint the whole house. Cupboards are falling apart already. Ceramic tiled floor is uneven, and on and on ........ WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!

I hired Royal as they had good reviews and were recommended by CARP. What a disaster, no service, always late, no project manager etc. Will never use them again and certainly will not recommend them. Finished job is not bad but frustration was huge.

Phil M.
3 reviews Pickering, ON

The quality of the work provided by Royal Home Improvement was excellent. We were allowed to use our own suppliers, which we appreciated. Even though it took longer than expected, we are happy with the end result.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

We apologize for the delay in finishing your renovation, but we are very glad that you love the end result

Murray Eaton from Brampton

The company has consistently, despite repeated calls, refused to come and fix their shoddy work. Once they have your money, beware. They were prompt about getting the payments but not about doing the work and even less about responses.

Clay G from Toronto

This year we contracted Royal Home Improvements to paint 4 rooms and replace carpet and baseboards in 3 rooms, along with new light fixtures in our condo. We also hired them in previous years to renovate our kitchen and 2 bathrooms.
The work, as before, was done to our complete satisfaction and within an acceptable timeframe, and our budget.
We again requested Brian as our Project Manager, and he and his team, including Mike, Rock, Jason, Diego and Ivan, were totally professional and always cleaned the wok area as they progressed. Brian was very helpful in choosing decor colours.
Overall we are again very pleased with the quality of the workmanship.

Thank you for using Royal! It was a pleasure working for you and your wife. Should you need us again in the future, we look forward to being there for you again.

Marilyn E in Mississauga

I hired Royal Home Improvements to remove the bathtub in the master bathroom and install a walk-in shower with a bench and glass wall/door. The job involved removing large tiles from all the walls and pushing back one wall. I am extremely happy with the end result; it is beautiful. The work was carried out using excellent quality materials and the installer, Luis, was a consummate professional. I am very fussy and followed every step of the installation, and couldn't be happier. I made a few changes to what I had originally planned on, and they were accommodated without any problem. It looks first class and, equally important, I am confident that the job was done right. I don't hesitate to recommend this company.

Marilyn – We appreciate you trusting Royal Home Improvements to complete your renovation project. Updating a bathroom in this way can make a tremendous difference, and we are as pleased with the result as you are. Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Enjoy.

I live in a condo and needed a company that was willing to work within the board rules/regulations. After much searching - I was pleased to find out that Royal worked in condos. The finished product was exactly what I wanted - my dream bathroom and kitchen! Throughout the project - they kept me informed of developments, progress and consulted me every step of the way. It was a job well done!

Mark Davies was my project manager on this initiative (Merek was the lead contractor)- and he did a great job assisting me through the process.

Experience teaches us that condominium renovations require more coordination and planning than the same reno in a single family home. Mark is an experienced PM who knows what is required and cares greatly for his clients’ projects. Thank you for trusting Royal Home Improvements with your renovation project and thank you for the feedback.

Karen in Mississauga

My mother(82) believed all their radio adds on 96.3 saying they "do the best for seniors". "accessible renovation".
We were told the renovation would take two to three weeks. We are now into week 15. We believe they were 'oversold'.
Currently we are waiting a custom shower door because the room is so small. The project manager was very nice, the bathroom looks very nice but it's still been 15 weeks and it is not complete. The 15 weeks is due to their lack of organization and ineffective team. The house was vacant for more than 12 weeks of this period so no home owners present to impede their progress. In the end, I feel they simply over looked the older couple with a small job.
It's definitely NOT worth the premium price going with a large company. Could have had the job done for half the price and a third the time frame .
I

It was our pleasure to work with Karen’s parents - They are lovely people. The basement bathroom renovation, and curb-less barrier-free shower, was custom built for their purposes. Without any delays the duration of this accessibility focused bathroom renovation could have been six weeks. The Homeowner and project manager selected a bi-fold shower door system to permit unrestricted access to the barrier-free shower and the door was custom made. Unfortunately the first door system failed to fit properly and had to be remanufactured. The bathroom and shower are fully functional while we wait for the replacement door system to be supplied/installed. We apologized to the homeowners for the delays. However, this custom bathroom renovation meets the specific requirements of the homeowners and Royal Home Improvements stands behind the quality of the work we have performed.

More about Royal Home Improvements

Finding your perfect home renovation partner can understandably be a daunting process these days. With so many options and potential risks, people are looking for a partner they can trust.

That's why Royal Home Improvements (RHI) retains single-source responsibility from start to finish. Our hand's on approach ensures your needs are met, from concept to construction. Whether architectural design, the quality of construction, or our strict adherence to timelines and budget, RHI guarantees everything we do and make sure that our customers are satisfied with every facet of our work.

Building trust takes years of delivering on time and budget. It requires committed professionals and a refined process model. But ultimately, it's about respect and owning ones word. This hasn't changed since we open our doors in 1969. Proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area, Royal Home Improvements today is one of the largest multi-phased renovators in Canada.

What can we do for you?

ROYAL HOME IMPROVEMENTS is proud to be a RENOMARK Renovator. RENOMARK is a symbol of the BUILDING INDUSTRY AND LAND DEVELOPMENT (BILD) Association (also known as the Greater Toronto Home Builders Association). The symbol identifies a professional who stands by the highest service standards and adheres to a code of ethics.