Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring Centre

250 Bridgeland Ave. Toronto ON M6A 1Z4
HomeStars  >  Floor Retailers in Toronto  >  Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring Centre

Reviews for Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring Centre

New Flooring

I purchased flooring from this company. Seeing their mixed reviews I was nervous but took the chance anyways.

Flooring was defective and I had to replace it at my expense. Staff was dishonest from the onset, and will probably reply saying they have no record of me as a customer. Standard tactic to discredit reviews.

Buyer beware!

We cannot dispute this review as it is anonymous, with no details to respond to, and no, we do not have any record of any customer named "private user" in our system.
We are more than honest, to a fault with our clients, and try hard to provide good customer service. We have a zero-pressure sales motto and allow customers to make their decisions based on their own preferences, and not on pushy sales tactics. When we experience issues, which is not frequent, we do everything we can to resolve.
Unfortunately, without specific information, I cannot address this review appropriately.

Palazzetti Modern Furniture
Palazzetti Modern Furniture

Flooring

I bought some vinyl flooring for a laundry area. It looks great, the delivery was fast and product is holding up extremely well.
I would recommend Yorkdale Flooring to anyone needing quality floors.

Katy in Kensington Market from Toronto
Katy in Kensington Market from Toronto

Reno, new flooring everywhere

3 years later, I'm still super satisfied with the flooring we got. It looks beautiful and is still in tip-top condition (no creaking or warping, etc). The only issue - I warned them that I was in a laneway and trucks couldn't get in, so they should send two guys. They only sent one guy so we had to help carry the wood in ourselves. Heavy! OK - good exercise, but still. Loving the floor though and the price was good.

Margaret Dovigo from Toronto
Margaret Dovigo from Toronto
1 review North York, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Colleen and Sara are very knowledgable with Yorkdale Flooring products and they provided great customer service. The installers Bill and Mike were very good. They continued working until the job was complete. Even after the job is completed, if there is an issue , Bill very kindly will make sure you are 100%satisfied. I would definitely recommend Yorkdale Flooring to my family and friends.
MD

Elias from North York
Elias from North York
6 reviews North York, ON

Supplied Engineered Hardwood

Purchased material from them and it creaks and sqeaks like crazy. After having two installers to try and rectify the issue including their own they bounced me over to their manufacturer. They don't stand behind their product and will play between the manufacturer and installer. Don't buy from them not worth the aggravation.

This response is purely just to correct misinformation as presented in this "review".
As above, client did purchase floors from Yorkdale, materials only, no installation services, and did
experience some issues.
As per "After having two installers to try and rectify the issue including their own they bounced
me over to their manufacturer." : the clients first installer, nothing to do with Yorkdale Hardwood,
had no interest in resolving the issue. It is important to note that this first installation was
carried out over an EXISTING LOOSE, WARPED parquet, a warranty issue in itself. The second
installer, whom Elias dealt with on a previous
installation,is not an employee of Yorkdale Hardwood and WAS NOT INSTRUCTED by Yorkdale Hardwood to
"rectify" any situation, by any means.
Here is a time-line of events:
1.purchased flooring product
2.installer picked up and installed within hours, no acclimation
3.client called and reported "creaks in floor" and was advised to have his installer check under the
baseboard to make
sure the floating floor had the correct spacing around perimeter, which may result in
"squeaking or creaking".
4.manufacturer was contacted and advised of the situation and both Yorkdale & manufacturer started
the procedure to correct the issue. THERE IS A PROCEDURE THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED!
5.client discussed situation with "second" installer and decided,
WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING Yorkdale Hardwood, to remove the floor, the loose parquet, that was used
as a subfloor and reinstall the floor. A bad decision on behalf of the client and the installer, and a
decision we would not have recommended. This "repair" was not successful, but was deemed Yorkdale
Hardwood's mistake, for some unknown reason or another. The second installer did not accept any fault
in the unsuccessful repair.
6.client contacted Yorkdale and threatened to post on "Homestars" and so on, and will take "legal
action" if the situation
was not rectified. Client was advised that if that was the route he desired, then we could not help
with the situation any longer.
7.client's wife/partner called and apologized for "threats"
8. Yorkdale Hardwood & manufacturer discussed the situation, and not withstanding the botched
repair, that something needed to be done to "help" this client, even though both companies did not
consider the issue a problem with the material. Because of the poor initial installation, and the
follow up "botched repair", it was decided to allow the floor to "settle" for a couple of weeks and
hopefully the creaking would subside, as client did admit, the reinstallation had in fact "reduced
the squeaking somewhat". Neither the first installer, nor the
second installer, both of clients choosing, accepted any professional or financial responsibility
9.client posted to Homestars,...not providing the entire truth and indicating the route he decided
to pursue. Unfortunately.

update: Client had an independent evaluation performed on the project. The report was duly cc'ed to
Yorkdale Hardwood, the so called villian in this fiasco. This professional inspection gleaned the
following result: "not a material failure, an installation failure"!

Its too bad that people can say what they like without facts. Unfortunately, Homestars has chosen to assist "Elias" in this misrepresentation.

Bill P, Toronto
Bill P, Toronto

Install hardwood floors on first floor of house

We are delighted with our new floors from Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring. The price was good and the quality of the wood was excellent. The installer, Bill Marsh, and his crew were second to none and went far beyond the call of duty leaving the house immaculate when they were finished. I would recommend this company highly!

Paula from Toronto
Paula from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Laminate floor

Great selection, very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff. We bought laminate floor and had it installed. We are so happy with our new floor! Would highly recommend Yorkdale Flooring Center.

Alicia Laumann from Toronto
Alicia Laumann from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Laminate Flooring for basement

Great selection at very good prices but what is most important is that the staff is knowledgeable and very helpful. We purchased laminate flooring and just had it installed and are thrilled with the results. We had a carpet in the basement in the past but this flooring is a much better option. Would not hesitate to recommend this company to friends and relatives.

Simone from Toronto
Simone from Toronto

Flooring

I had to do my basement floors on the cheap so I went here. It is great that they always have end-of-line items where they have 300sqft of this or 500sqft of that. I managed to find a very nice style I liked that was luckily on clearance, so I grabbed it!
They also sell a ton of other flooring from many brands too. I will go there again next time!