Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring Centre

Daniel from Thornhill
Daniel from Thornhill
12 reviews Thornhill, ON

Wood flooring Materials

After looking at all the big box stores for a suitable patch for 50 year old hardwood flooring and getting absolutely nowhere I decided on giving these guys a try. After showing them a sample the person that helped me had that look on his face that said " I know this product and we have it in stock". Not only was he very helpful but did not try to oversell me on finishing items. I will definitely be back.

Deborah from Toronto
Deborah from Toronto

Bought laminate flooring

Finally, people that stand behind what they say about their products! I had flooring laid within my 1000sq.ft. condo & 3 months later it started to squeak. NOT the installation, Mel at Yorkdale was so professional & pleasant to deal with & is continuing to help me resolve my issue. I highly recommend them!

Reno416 in Toronto
Reno416 in Toronto

Mixed Feelings

While the customer service we received was excellent (always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable when we went in) we felt the product we received was inferior. We purchased Laurentian Cafe Collection in Maple, which is supposed to be an excellent quality hardwood. We got a great deal on it, and should have known that we were just getting what we paid for. Many of the boards had very noticeable deep knots in it (not the nice kind. the kind that look damaged), some of the undersides of the boards were broken off. Even our independent installer commented that this is not great quality hardwood. We got a good price on the wood, but in the end, we paid exactly what it was worth.

Robin in Forest Hill
Robin in Forest Hill
1 review York, ON

Hardwood floors, Doors and baseboards

I completely renovated my Forest Hill loft with engineered oak flooring from yorkdale. To my suprise then even had the doors and baseboards that I wanted. Everything came in under budget and Dave even gave a discount on some of the material. The installation was done in 2 days and now I am the envy of the building!

Robin,
I am so happy that you love your floor so much. the Antique Impressions Flooring product you choose looks fantastic. And the doors, baseboards and trim really compliment the floor, good choice.
I can see why you are the envy of your building.
Thanks so much for the opportunity to work with you on this project, you were a pleasure to deal with.

Jaxon in Toronto
Jaxon in Toronto
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Engineered Flooring

Yorkdale Flooring has an amazing selection of flooring options, whether you are looking for hardwood or engineered hardwood. They also had a range of prices based upon your budget. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and provided great customer service. I was actually one box of flooring and with one quick call, they were able to have the box ready for me the next day.

Jaxon,
I really appreciate you taking the time to come on Homestars and give your review.
I am happy you are happy!

David in Leaside (Bennington Park)
David in Leaside (Bennington Park)
1 review East York, ON

Hardwood 3 in planks

Before purchasing our new hardwood floor we check out two other hardwood flooring stores and at the end decided to go with Yorkdale Flooring. We found the staff (esp. Lucy) to be very helpful. Price was better than the other two for the exact same product. We ordered it and within 5 days and it was ready and we were able to pick it up on the day required. They offered to deliver it but it was more convenient under the circumstances for us to pick it up.
They suggested an installation company called Fraser Wood to install the product. The install company called within a day. They arrived on the day that we needed it installed and were finished within the time stated. I would highly recommend both the Yorkdale Flooring and Fraser Wood as the install company
David

David,
I just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful review. And a big thank you from Lucy. We are lucky to have her with us, and feel very grateful to deal with the many wonderful people we have the pleasure to
offer our services to. Your floor looks wonderful and the diagonal installation was the prefect choice. Thanks for uploading the images.

Graziella
Graziella
3 reviews North York, ON

Hardwood floor supplier

My husband and I were interested in purchasing a hickory unfinished floor. We were unsure how it was going to look. Not only did the people at Yorkdale flooring help us find a contact to install but he also made a call to ask if we can go see a house finished with the floor.

Graziella,
Thanks so much. I remember you fondly,as I had the pleasure to deal with you directly and appreciate the care and thought you put forward when choosing a floor for your renovation. Its refreshing to see someone do the research and step out of the box when considering options for their floor reno. Hickory is a beautiful floor that offers so much character and personality. I think it was a fantastic choice you made, and going unfinished allowed you to get exactly what you wanted.
Unfortunately in this business, usually you only get the chance to deal with customers once.
Thank you for your wonderful message.

James Kerr from Etobicoke
James Kerr from Etobicoke
8.3/10

Renovation in Basement

James Kerr.

I had to renovate my entire basement and found the hardwood flooring part the smoothest because of the fast delivery and exceptional knowledge of the people at Yorkdale.

I would buy from Yorkdale again and highly recommend them to anyone who needs advice in hardwood flooring.

Thanks again,

J Kerr

James,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to help you with your renovation, and I thank you for your recommendations.

Martina from Summerhill
Martina from Summerhill

2.8/10

New Hardwood Floor

Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring is a store for hardwood flooring that we strongly recommend you avoid for any of your hardwood flooring needs! We went to Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring to purchase hardwood for our house as part of a renovation project. Our main contact was Harvey, according to him one of the business partners. Throughout the hardwood buying and delivery process, Harvey continously changed critical information such as delivery dates on us without ever adhering to previously committed information (even if marked in writing by one of his employees). He denied phone conversations to confirm e.g. dates, logistics etc. between his company and us took place and went as far as suggesting that we made up information. His complete lack of reliability and accountability led to several delays and required us to make special arrangements (for the delivery and the installation).To sum it up, Yorkdale Hardwood Flooring completely lacks customer orientation and lives by "the customer is always wrong" mantra.

For this particular order, the premium flooring product (only a rating of 2 stars according to Martina) that this woman purchased, was ordered, recieved and delivered in a respectable time. It is of consequence to note that this posting was a threat because we could not accept a left-over carton of this special order product, which is a clearly stated policy of the store.

Looking for Floor Retailers pros in Toronto?