The Bay Queen Street

The Bay Queen Street

Reviews for The Bay Queen Street

Riverdale-5503
Riverdale-5503

Washing machine purchase and delivery

Our go-to place for buying large appliances used to be another department store chain known for its appliances, but they've closed so many of their stores, and our last two experiences with them were very problematic. So when our washer recently died (and the repair company advised it was time to get a new one), we tried the Hudson's Bay Queen Street store.

We were quite happy with the service at Hudson's Bay. The sales staff were attentive and informative, without being overbearing. We did price compare with other retailers, and we got a good deal (plus HBC points). There was slight hiccup with the delivery - it took them longer to get our model of washer to their warehouse. However, they called well in advance to warn us of the issue, and we were able to agree to delaying delivery by two days. Hudson's Bay staff were very courteous, apologetic and eager to please (in comparison, the last time we bought a major appliance from that other department store chain, they left us a voicemail the evening before scheduled delivery cancelling the delivery and arbitrarily scheduling it two weeks later - and they never said the word sorry). I don't expect companies to be perfect, but how they address problems says a lot about an organization, and Hudson's Bay handled the delivery delay very well.

The delivery team was great, they arrived on time and were helpful.

Shika in Mississauga
Shika in Mississauga

Service

the staff at the bay downtown in the children's department are amazing. I go and do a lot of shopping here for my daughter and step son. And they are so friendly and helpful. I love this bay.

Wayne Home Dec
Wayne Home Dec

Sofa and Bed

Ordered a sofa and mattress in November for delivery in March (our new home). Getting the furniture was another matter. Did not get our bed until late April. After they repeatedly messed up the delivery date. Gave me the constant run around. Told me the sofa was coming on a certain date, took time off work, it never came. Transferred to India when complained, promised a credit, which they later reneged on. Don't tell me my furniture is coming and then tell me to wait a little longer at home because the delivery van is running late, then tell me later it was never on the van, then tell me there was no delivery scheduled for me that day.

quarkcomet in North Toronto
quarkcomet in North Toronto

Furniture

Stephen helped us through all our furniture needs and he tries his best to make his customers happy with the products they buy. He ensured that we were aware of all offers available and makes every attempt to make things easier on us. He is knowledgeable and friendly and he will do everything in his power to ensure that we are happy. The service did not stop at the store. He ensured proper delivery, and even when the delivery wasn't performed correctly - he made sure we were properly compensated for our waste of time. After, when we needed to order matching items to the furniture we had bought a year back, he had the information ready for us and quickly ordered it for our new bigger home.

Marco Cantu
Marco Cantu

sectional satee

I've been buying at this store pretty much all my condo, from the gluckstain collection..great variety and the sales person offers you different colors of fabrics, sizes and a fair price

Lilo
Lilo
6 reviews ,

kitchen utensils

the bay has an amazing selection of appliances and cooking utensils and there is always some kind of sale happening. so many different name brands in one store. the only thing i was disappointed with was the customer services there is hardly anyone there to help you out.

Stacy
Stacy
2 reviews ,

Mattress

I purchased a mattress and box spring set from the Bay and received the best service I've had a in a long time. I highly recomed this location. The delivered it to my house and even the delivery men were very nice. They made shopping for a mattress so easy and stress free.

chan from downtown
chan from downtown
6.8/10

bedding

good product quality, and service. expert staff provides good opinion.

TB in Richmond Hill
TB in Richmond Hill
9.5/10

New furniture

We found some wonderful sofas at the Bay that we wanted to purchase for our basement. We had them delivered and unfortunately they did not fit. They refunded our money no questions asked. I was truly impressed with the service.

B. From Toronto-350
B. From Toronto-350
6.8/10

New Sectional

I have had 2 deliveries for a sectional purchased from The Bay. The first delivery - the delivery people damaged my couch. Instead of carrying my couch down the hallway they lifted one end of the couch and push it down the hallway, the friction damaged the leather. The second delivery I'm still waiting on. As the person called me on Friday night at 8:11pm, left me a voice msg, then left for the evening. The Bay should work on their delivery service.