Taunton Pools

Reviews for Taunton Pools

Matt Poyner from Whitby
Matt Poyner from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Inground pool installation, poor service

We had Taunton Pools install our inground pool just under 4 years ago. We were reasonably happy with that process but since the installation the pump always seemed loud. From the beginning. To be fair, we never raised the issue with Taunton Pools because it seemed to work and we didn't know any better, this being our first pool.

An inspector recently came through our house since we are selling and noted the "noisy pool pump". To make sure we weren't leaving the buyers with a problem I took the pump in to Bill's Pumps in Oshawa (who was excellent). The problem: Defective bearings - replaced for $190.

I just called Taunton Pools to inform them of the situation, requesting some sort of compensation. The pump was noisy from the beginning, so the installers should have identified a problem and dealt with it. Instead, we are stuck with this expense.

I am disappointed that the problem was not acknowledged during installation or any subsequent visit. But I am equally disappointed that Taunton Pools is unwilling to do anything to make this right now. The man I spoke to on the phone was argumentative rather than apologetic.

Unfortunately, I can not recommend Taunton Pools.

Disappointed In Taunton Pools  in Oshawa
Disappointed In Taunton Pools in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Taunton Pools

Taunton Pools has been my pool service provider for the last 9 years and the service was great. I spent thousands of dollars with them. Lately the company has been lacking the level of service and professional that I became accustomed to over the last number of years. They have overcharged me on pool cover and on their quote for the pool liner. Their new approach is all about getting you to purchase more chemicals despite the fact that your pool is crystal clear. and they are rude and unprofessional when you question their perceived need for more chemicals. I will never do business with Taunton Pools again because of the lack of professionalism on the part of their sales manager and unethical practices of the water testing team. Never again

Brian costello from Whitby
Brian costello from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Service team

Deplorable. Almost 2 weeks of chasing for a safety cover and a closing. No truth told about calling me. No through about trying to come out. After putting a slide installation off for 1 month and being told as much they still blow me off and when I call in I’m still given the run around. If I could rip this pool out and give my business elsewhere I would. I will not go back.

Brad Dufrane
Brad Dufrane
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Knowledgeable and Honest

I recently switched pools stores due to a significant lack of customer service and high pressure sales tactics at my old pool store in Oshawa.

My experience with Taunton Pools has been positive. The staff have been great and taken time to answer all of my questions. The store sells a variety of high quality pool supplies, and there is never any pressure for me to purchase any unnecessary chemicals or supplies from the staff and/or owner.

I would recommend Taunton Pools to anyone looking for an honest pool store that will take the necessary time to answer your questions and explain everything from start to finish.

Pool installation

The installation of the entire pool was fantastic! But I found out 2 years later that no one installed a back water valve on the pool heater! Result is recently I had to pay an HVAC guy $3200 to replace the heater as the salt water eventually made its way into 3 burners destroying the unit! Also my light in the pool worked for the first 6 months and then gone! Apparently it costs $500 to replace it!?! NOT HAPPY!!

A Rasmusson from Whitby
A Rasmusson from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Install in-ground pool and after service

Competitive pricing, staff were very hardworking to keep within timeline. Staff were very knowledgable and answered all of our questions. End product is fantastic! We had a heavy amount of rain and had some water behind the liner. Staff came out a ensured everything was alright. We booked our pool closing and staff called the day before to confirm when they would arrive. They arrived on time and answered all questions we had about the pool over the winter.