251 Sorauren Ave Toronto ON M6R2G3

Reviews for Roofworks Ltd

Judith in the Beaches, Toronto
Judith in the Beaches, Toronto

Top flat roof, dormer flat roof, shingled sloped roof, new skylight installation, flat roof under deck, flashing, cladding

My home in the Beaches was built in 1917 so there is a lengthy roofing history I do not have access to. Since I purchased the house in 1992 I paid thousands of dollars to reshingle the front slope, repair the top flat and in 2005 hired a contractor to remove an old deck on the top back of the house and build a new one. The contractor hired a roofer who did a torched flat roof under the new deck and supposedly did more repairs to my top flat as well.This was not cheap but I trusted the contractor that the work was sound and I am prepared to pay for good work. Since 2007 I had leakage coming through my upstairs bathroom ceiling and neither the contractor or roofer could determine where the leak was coming from nor fix it. The bathroom ceiling was opened and closed at least three times during these "investigation" periods to see where water came through, messy patch jobs were performed, all to no avail. Finally in frustration I began a lengthy process of identifying a number of roofing contractors to have them come in to assess the situation and give me quotes. I got the names from Homestars and people I know who were happy with their roofers. In all, I got quotes from 13 roofing companies and another 5 quotes from masons as the chimney was not built to code and needed a rebuild as well. The common denominator in all these assessments was what a bad job the previous roofer had done and I already knew that much. The disparity between the diagnosis and the pricing was another matter and was all over the map! I selected Roofworks because they were able to explain to me in plain English and with common sense exactly what had to be done and why. Adam Elliott came out and looked at everything and gave me an honest and fair assessment and a good price- not the cheapest but certainly the best value for my dollar. He even coordinated the mason for the chimney rebuild and the carpenter who removed the deck, stained it and reinstalled it after the new flat was in place. The door to the deck was removed, properly flashed and reinstalled. Several layers of old flat roofing were removed from the top flat and a new one installed. The dormer over the door got a new flat roof and proper metal cladding. New shingles were installed on the back slope as well as new flashing. Everything looks great and all my roofs are leakproof! The Roofworks fellows were on time, efficient and experts at their work and they left the property cleaner than it was before which made my neighbours very happy as well. I am so glad I did my homework and found Roofworks, who have very high standards and a great work ethic! I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Reno-Tired in Toronto
Reno-Tired in Toronto

Roof replacement

M6R2G3

During any construction, accidents can happen. We really appreciate that Roofworks took ownership of the situation, and stood by their word to resolve the matter.

We had our roof re-shingled by Roofworks in early August 2009. The roof looks great, and the workers were polite. Unfortunately, our living room window was scratched by debris (shingles) being thrown off the roof. Adam acknowledged the damage, was responsive, and we worked together to come to a resolution. Adam offered to replace the pane of glass, and in the end, compensated us for the damage that was caused.

I would certainly recommend Roofworks to other homeowners, and would use their services again.

Chris in Lawrence Park
Chris in Lawrence Park

New roof

Adam and team did a great job replacing the roof on our house. Because the roof has several peaks surrounding a skylight, we did develop a small leak after a winter of heavy snowfall. Adam was relentless in his quest to fix it. To me, he passed the service test with flying colours. Although it has been over a year, I am stilled impressed with his commitment to customers satisfaction. I always recommend Roofworks to anyone looking for professional and competent roofers.

Jacqueline in downtown Toronto
Jacqueline in downtown Toronto

Emergency flood caused by ice damming in eaves

M6R2G3

We had a very sudden water leak in the ceiling over our luxury master bathroom. Water had dammed up under the eaves and went from a little drip to pouring in within the space of a few hours. Our beautiful new bathroom was in ruins. We called a dozen roofers, all of whom were too busy to come out to investigate.Some didn't even call back. Roofworks called back in the evening and came out first thing the next day. They shovelled snow off the roof, identified the source of the problem and fixed it. Adam provided further advice on the rest of our roof based on what he saw when he was up there and emailed me photos which was very helpful. I would definitely use Roofworks again.

Ash in Baby Point
Ash in Baby Point
11 reviews Boston, MA

Partial roof replacement

A portion of our leaky roof was replaced earlier this year by Roofworks, and the experience could not have been better. All of Roofworks' people are polite and professional, and they were immaculate in their clean-up of my yard and driveway upon completing the job. Highly, highly recommended!

Ildiko,
Ildiko,

New Roof, High Park

M6R2G3

When we initially looked for a roofer for our home, we interviewed several companies, but hired Roofworks, because we were impressed by their presentation and professionalism. We found that this carried right through all stages of their work. The team was prompt, courteous, hard-working, and did a thorough and excellent job. In addition, the clean-up was immaculate. We find Roofworks is very dependable, and already have, and will continue to, recommend them.

Bloor West Village-9426
Bloor West Village-9426
9.3/10

Remove old shingles, install new shingles

The job was done well with little fuss and almost no mess. I hardly noticed that they had been on the job except that the roof had been replaced! There was one minor callback to fix a gap in some caulking.

Pete from TO
Pete from TO
9.8/10

Complete new roof and skylights

M6R2G3

I strongly recommend Roofworks. I had 6 quotes over the past year, even from some of the top rated roofing companies on this site. One highly reviewed company refused to do my roof because it might give him problems. Another highly rated company didnt do cedar.

Roofworks did all the things I wanted. The owner was the only one to suggest a repair that none of the other companies bothered to even look into. It made a lot of sense to go with it and I am glad I paid the extra to do it.

Roofworks likes using lots of ice and water shield and they are not skimpy and do not cut corners. I watched them do my roof.

The crew is a group of young men who obviously are strong enough to do the job well. Unlike some roofing companies that you may see have hired a few somewhat senior men who can barely stand on their own two feet. This group of guys was fast, worked hard, worked very well together (talking, singing) and did a fantastic clean up afterwards. Not a single flower was broken.

The owner came around during the job to check on his workers and see how I liked things so far. I like that.

I had a complete roof done with skylights and I am very confident in the company and the work they have done.

They payment terms for the job is very attractive. You pay later after they mail you an invoice. That means to me that the company is confident that they did the job I asked for.

I strongly recommend this company over the other hightly rated companies

Sue and Bob from Toronto
Sue and Bob from Toronto

Installing new shingles and new roof

We had done much research in finding a roof company and finally found Roofworks Ltd who is reasonably priced and a very reputable company and to do the shingles and new roof at the house. The staffs' punctuality and professionalism went way beyond our expectations. They were very efficient and hardworking and truly experienced in their jobs. Their daily work right from the start of the first day till the very last day were extremely well organized. The staff were really very hardworking indeed....we in fact provided lunches and snacks for them and made sure they were well fed..as they deserved for their daily work done. We are very happy with our new roof and would highly recommend Roofworks Ltd to anyone. By the way, Roofworks has also done a lot of community work..including the playground at High Park.

LYNDA FROM NORTH YORK
LYNDA FROM NORTH YORK

Roof Replacement

Roofworks went out of there way to help us. Our roof wore out sooner then it was suppose to. The staff was very helpful. They promised to complete the job on time and came on time. They managed to stay within budget constraints and they cleaned up after they were done!

More about Roofworks Ltd

We do all types of roofing and have been in the business for over 20 years. We are fully insured, company that offers a solid ten year labour warranty on all workmanship. We do not use subcontractors all our employees are fully trained.
Looking for Roofing pros in Swansea?