Rodman Heating & Air Conditioning

mike forrest from Whitby
mike forrest from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

air conditioner

I guess the a/c is OK. It was installed last summer but I was away during the install and did not take a closer look. This spring I took a look and noticed that the unit was not secure. It was elevated and easily slid on the concrete slab. My 5 year old kid could push it over if they tried. If I leaned against the pipes connecting it to the house would break and it could fall off.

I called Rodman's to have it secured, spoke to Jack, and he played stupid "we do them all like that". Well I guess they do them all wrong then. After a few minutes of Jack "not "understanding" that I wanted Rodman's to secure it I gave up knowing that there is no use in arguing with someone not arguing on principal.
I could never recommend Rodman's to a friend or family member due to them jerking me around like that on such an easy but important fix.

Judy Hicks from Pickering
Judy Hicks from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

replace furnace and water heater

my furnace died 3 days before Christmas - Rodmans came and fixed it the next day - also noticed a large leak in my water heater and replaced that as well - very professional office staff - very professional service people - suggested ways to save me money (not the highest priced furnace) - always call with reminders about servicing

John in Greenwood
John in Greenwood
1 review GREENWOOD, ON

Furnace stopping occassionally

Rodmans failed to diagnose a simple inexpensive problem. Another professional successfully diagnosed the problem over the phone at no cost in 10 minutes. Rodman's indicated a few possibilities but said they were all very expensive repairs. Rodmans made a $150 visit but, in the end, had no idea what the problem was, or so they claimed. ROdman's did do a $850 repair that did not fix the problem. I was still at point zero, after nearly $1000 spent. This company was pushy about selling a new furnace unnecessarily. They failed to honour their errors or follow up on my call of complaint. Poor correspondence. I can't recommend this company. No doubt they have done excellent work or they would not have survived in business. But, in my experience, the visit was to try to sell me a new furnace, and they had little interest in actually fixing my 14 year old furnace.

pickering
pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

air conditioner needed maintanance

Our air conditioner is 15 years old. The lines freeze after running for many hours and just stops working. I chose Rodmans to come and inspect the air conditioner because they were local and they were able to schedule a guy to come out very quickly. A young man came and fully inspected the air conditioner and the lines and said he couldn't find anything wrong to why the lines were freezing up. We had the temperature set to 70 degrees and he advised not to set it under 72. Paid $120 and he left. We set the temperature to 72 degrees, and monitored it for a few days and it continued to freeze. Called them again, and someone else came a few days later. He advised he couldnt find anything wrong but he can to a test on the air conditioner for about $700 with some tester that would give him a lead to what the problem is. He said the result is not guaranteed, and the next step would be to purchase a new air conditioner. I said that the unit was 15 years old and instead of wasting $700 to find out it needs to be replaced anyway we should just replace it. He insisted that we test it first. Then he asked for $120 for the visit. I told him I didn't think I should pay it because the first person came and I paid $120 for someone to tell me not to set the temperature below 72. He advised that he did a "special" inspection. My response was that I wish I had the "special" inspection the first time instead of getting double billed. But even with the special inspection he was not able to find a solution. Although at this point I was getting upset, I was trying to work out something. I asked if I went with the $700 test on the unit could he deduct the $120 for the visit from that test. He said "no". Call me stupid but I paid him the $120 to get him out of my house. As he was leaving he could tell that I was not going to call him again and I was upset for getting double billed with still no solution. He said that he didn't have to take the $120 if it meant that he was going to lose the business. Well, too late.

I called another company and they came and found the problem immediately. The coils were clogged and was backing up the lines which was causing it to freeze and stop working. They cleaned it out or whatever they did and working good now.

I found the second person who came to my house from Rodmans was rude, pushy, not helpful or understanding about the double $120 payments and either was inexperienced or was trying to take me for a ride for a $700 test, then if that didnt work he got me in for a new unit possibly. Live and learn.

Michaela
Michaela
10 reviews Ajax, ON

furnace, A/C unit and humidifier installation

Our 23 yrs old A/C unit couldn't keep up with the heat anymore, so we have decided to go with a full replacement of the furnace, A/C unit and humidifier. We picked Rodman's Heating not just because their quote was a reasonable one and their salesman was very knowledgeable and took his time explaining how everything works, but also because we wanted to support local business :)
I have no regrets whatsoever: great service, professional installation, and they also helped us with the Energy Audit. I won't hesitate to recommend them to anyone who needs an HVAC job.

Scott - Ajax
Scott - Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Install new furnace

In Jan 2009 our 26 year old furnace bit the dust. It was a Friday night and we woke up in the cold. Rodmans came over that day and told us we would need an energy audit to qualify for the rebate program. Unfortunately the energy audit people were not open until Monday. Rodmans were good enough to provide us with several electric heaters. They came back in a few days later and finished in one day. Very quiet when it comes on. Would recommend Rodman's

Mrs. G in Ajax
Mrs. G in Ajax

Purchase and Installation of Replacement Central A/C

Last year in May 2008 I turned on our 21 year old central A/C for the first time that season and found that it no longer worked. Rodman's had installed our furnace in the late 1990's, so I chose them. I called them to send a repairman to fix it and they responded the same day despite it being the first very hot day of the season when everyone would be calling for help with their A/C. The necessary part was ordered but I was told it might be difficult to obtain, due to the age of the system. I thought this over for a day or so, while waiting for the part to arrive and decided to cancel the order for the part and ask them about replacing the entire system because it was nearing the end of it's useful life.

Their salesman gave me a choice between two units by the same manufacturer and I chose a system that I thought would be suitable. After placing the order, I went to the manufacturer's website to look at the other units they had available and realized that another system which was a bit more expensive but had a better warranty would be a better choice. I then called Rodman's to ask if the order could be changed to another system I had found on the manufacturer's website, while maintaining the same installation date. Fortunately for me they agreed to the change.

On the day of installation they arrived on time, were quick, efficient and professional and cleaned up after themselves. The installation went very smoothly.

A few days later, after checking over the installation I had a few questions and an unrealistic complaint. Their response was timely and professional, and they reinspected the entire system installation. They were very responsive to my complaints and questions leaving me satisfied. I would definitely deal with them again as well as recommend them to anyone who needs a Heating or Air Conditioning contractor. They are a family business with a long history of satisfied customers.

More about Rodman Heating & Air Conditioning

n/ a
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Port Perry?