Rodman Heating & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Rodman Heating & Air Conditioning

Mike Watt in Ajax
Mike Watt in Ajax

Air conditioner repair

Our central air conditioning system broke down during the hottest period of weather we've had this year (in September!). Called Rodman and spoke with Deb. Great lady, friendly and professional. Arranged things so that service man (Russ) could get here. Great fellow - also very friendly, experienced and very professional. Problem quickly identified, repairs made, and system has operated well since. The price (parts, labour, taxes) was very reasonable. Very happy and highly recommend.

Jack  in Uxbridge
Jack in Uxbridge
2 reviews Goodwood, ON

York TM9V Furnace, A/C & Honeywell EAC, new plenum

The three technicians completed the job in one day with commissioning a couple days later. (It was too cold in the evening to load the A/C) As a professional tradesman myself I appreciated their attention to detail and pride in their workmanship. Even though it was late when they finished they weren't rushed. My basement was spotless when they left and the York units now work perfectly. As an aside they also corrected black pipe venting on my hot water heater and de-pressurized ducts the previous installer had installed for me in the price.

Pickering customer in Pickering
Pickering customer in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Rodman's is not standing by their customer or their guarantee

They replaced my a/c almost 5 years ago after diagnosing that there was a leak in the coil and the cost would be 1200-1500 parts and labour to repair, or I could buy a complete system and if I did that I would be covered for parts and labour for 5 years. They also wrote it on my bill of sale which I still have. I turned my a/c on for the first tim this year approx. 3 weeks ago and found that it was blowing warm air so I immediately called the company I purchased from. They sent a tech on June 13 that said it was likely the coil or txv. He recommended on his written report sheet to replace. They setup an appt with me that I thought was to come and replace the part (Approx 1 week later) and they told me that we would need to do a leak test to identify specifically where the leak was and if it was in the coil that they would order one and that I would need to pay for the leak test. I was really angry that not only were they not repairing my A/C but wanting to do a leak test and have me pay for it. I told them I didn't have to because I have 5 years parts and labour warranty and after a long debate I asked them to send a technician. I didn't want to pay for the leak test so I refused and asked them to have a manager call me. after multiple phone calls to them and approx 1 week later he said the part (if found defective) was covered but not the labour for the leak test and the installation of the coil would likely cost approx $1000. The leak test would be $325. I had a very long discussion with Kirk who I was told was the business manager, he said that the manufacturer does not cover the labour for the coil installation or the leak test so he is not going to cover it. I told him how horribly wrong this was to assure a customer when they sold them a complete system that it had 5 years parts and labour coverage .... and then when there was a problem he would not honour this guarantee. He actually had the audacity to tell me to go and find the manufacturers warranty that would have been mailed to me after purchase. Who is going to do this when they have been told prior to purchase that it would be fully covered and then after purchase write it on the bill of sale. I was furious, he said he would not budge that he had eaten this cost too many times and was refusing to do so anymore. I told him how dispicable it was to push this cost onto his customer who trusted that he would be taken care of. I told him I would ask a reputable company to come and diagnose my problem and I would take him to small claims court to ensure he pays for it. (now it is the Canada Day weekend and going on 3 weeks without a/c) and I have to basically start from scratch. Rodman's mislead me and is in breach of their verbal contract and written statement on my bill of sale. I will not give this company another cent will never buy from this company again. I will follow this through in court if necessary to ensure they are held accountable. I will write another review in the future upon resolution.

Jeff
Jeff
5 reviews Pickering, ON

Tankless Water Heater Installation

Rodman's came and gave us a fair quote and the tech guy spent a good amount of time making sure his measurements were correct. After some initial calls regarding local cods they sent me the estimate and I was very pleased. I called several times for clarity regarding my own questions and was always treated professionally and thankful for their customer service.

Installation is end of the week and will let you know how that goes.

Update: installation was seamless and they did a great job from start to finish. A small glitch happened 3 days later and they quickly came and addressed the problem.

Highly recommend Rodman's.

Mike Ross from Ajax
Mike Ross from Ajax

Combustion fan

Would not use this company again...combustion fan failed on cold Sunday night. Called Rodman's 140.00 service call is fair but charged me $630.00 for a fan I could have got for $98.00 U.S online.I know they have to make money on parts so charge me $300.00 but this was pure rip off of the customer...never again...live and learn

Thank you Mike for your feedback. I must state though that parts from the internet (and in particular the States) can cost a lot more than the advertised price after duty ,customs brokerage etc. Let alone as stated, it was cold. Rodman's stocks parts , has 24 hour service , and would have also given you a cost prior to replacing the motor to get you heat on that Cold Sunday night. For the record, we pay considerably more for the OEM part than you found on the Net. Please feel free to consider my comments here , and also consider once the part did finally cross the border through customs, and duties were assessed , you would then have had to get the part installed. Rodman's does always offer fair and competitive pricing , and in this case it is impossible to compare. You called with no heat, we attended , diagnosed , and offered a fair price and eventually got you heat that night. Should you have any further questions, please call our office.

Lori Lee from Whitby
Lori Lee from Whitby

repair furnace

What can I say, I woke up Monday morning to a furnace that was not working. It was 61 F in my house and I called and with the help of Debbie, she got a technician to my house that afternoon and 2 hrs later everything was fixed. Russ was professional and very pleasant. I would highly recommend to anyone

Mark from Whitby
Mark from Whitby
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Furnace Repair

On the night of Saturday, January 4th 2014, our furnace started making some strange noises (humming, grinding metal). We called Rodman's Heating and Air Conditioning, having a technician paged. The technician (Russ) called back approximately forty minutes later (this was due to his being in someone's basement doing another emergency repair on a furnace). Russ was able to advise us as to the potential issues (venter motor or blower motor), and advised of the emergency service fee. We decided that there was no need for him to come out at 1am and agreed to have him come in the morning after 9am. Russ advised to turn off the furnace, turning it on only heat the home occasionally and only while we were awake. At exactly 9am the next morning, Russ called to advise that he would arrive shortly. When Russ he arrived he turned the furnace on and determined that the problem was with the venter motor (as he had suggested on the phone). He repaired the motor and fixed the furnace within an hour. This being our first hime, we asked Russ a bunch of questions regarding about furnace maintenance, etc. which he answered helpfully. I highly recommend Rodman's Heating and Air Conditioning to anyone seeking HVAC repairs; a company that is professional, reliable, and courteous. Thank you Russ & Rodman's!

Brenda from Ajax
Brenda from Ajax
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Replace furnace, install ac

The house I bought had no ac and a furnace from the 70's and I wanted to replace it with a high efficiency furnace. Initially the person Rodmans sent to give me an estimate seemed to be having a bad day and didn't like the questions I was asking about the products and costs. He apologized when I asked him about it and we got along well after that. They came within a week and installed the new furnace and although the technicians had some problems due to location of piping and exhaust venting they figured it out. They were polite and finished the work on time and on budget.

Victoria Sponge
Victoria Sponge
2 reviews Ajax, ON

air conditioner

I called one morning with an airconditioner fan that wasn't working. They were at my house that afternoon with a diagnosis. I agreed to go ahead with the job. They were able to order the part and install it the next day. Very pleasant and knowledgeable technicians who worked quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend this company. I have hired them in the past to repair my furnace, and have had the same reliable, quality service.

Andrei from Ajax
Andrei from Ajax

AC Repair

Problem: AC would not start occasionally and ice up.

I scheduled a service call, asking for an estimate (was planning to compare if with other offers). They went straight to work (I had to prompt them for an estimate as they didn't seem to be willing to cover that part first).

The diagnosis (which was the only thing included in the initial call cost) was that the freon pressure was low. That took 5 minutes. Everything else was extra. They looked for a leak, didn't really find any, they diagnosed a valve as faulty, exchanged that, topped up the freon and "cleaned" the outside unit.

Final charge: $150 over the estimation. Part of that was $50 for visual inspection and cleaning, a 2 minute job of spraying the external unit using the backyard garden hose.

When prompted about the warranty they offered for the work done, they replied they only covered the replaced part (the $2 valve). If the problem occurred again, they'd have to start from scratch and figure out where the leak was (hours of work, undoubtedly, many hundreds of dollars).

The AC kind of worked after that (although not nearly as efficiently as it used to). 2 weeks after, it stopped working altogether (wouldn't start at all). I managed to diagnose the problem using the internet forums (AC capacitor went kaput) and fixed it myself. Something they should have picked up during the service call, given the reported symptoms.

A year later, the efficiency of the AC is lame, to say the least. Very likely low on freon again (although no icing so far, and the unit starts). Guess who I won't be calling this time?

More about Rodman Heating & Air Conditioning

n/ a
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Port Perry?