Pratt Homes

Builders
HomeStars  >  Builders in Barrie  >  Pratt Homes

Reviews for Pratt Homes

Greenwich Village Detached

My wife and I purchased a home from Pratt Homes in Barrie at their Greenwich Village community. We closed this March 30th.

We're very excited as our house is coming along quite nicely and and everything is looking incredible so far.

We had a great experience with the design studio and the sales team. Everyone was very helpful and cared about our experience. Cynthia and her team were awesome to deal with.

We would definitely recommend purchasing a Pratt Home to anyone who is interested.

Darren K from Barrie
Darren K from Barrie
3 reviews Barrie, ON

Greenwich Village - Detached Home

I agree with the other reviews posted on this site. The sales staff at Pratt are great, however, they do not build your home. In fact, when push came to shove with this builder, Cynthia was the only person who would answer my phone calls.

It’s difficult to find words to describe how I felt when I first walked into my “new house.” I think the best word is, “sick.” I was lucky enough to have my home slapped together in 8 weeks so that the builder could make my closing date. This is despite repeatedly telling them I could extend my closing date if they needed extra time. The quality of this rush job speaks for itself and is evident practically everywhere you look. The finished product (well almost finished product – I would not consider my house done yet) is shockingly bad. I’m not going to list items here because the list is too long. But I guess that’s what happens when painters and tilers are working night shifts to finish the house by the closing date.

I had concerns with the actual construction process right from the start – simple mistakes that it seemed no one was catching and a ridiculous error on how the foundations were poured (I’m not describing it here because I hope to one day sell this place).

When I tried to report the issues to Pratt, I was ignored. I eventually tracked down the Site Supervisor who, I will say, did everything she could to correct the issues. But I was eventually told I could no longer contact the site supervisor and the builder referred me to the design centre. When I tried to contact the design centre I was told “my contact” was on vacation until after my closing date which left me with no one to speak to about my build. Imagine my surprise when I went to the Pratt Office to pick up some samples and there was my contact (who was “on vacation”) working away.

Don’t be fooled by the pretty pictures in the brochure. That is not what you get. This has by far been the worst experience I’ve ever had purchasing a new house (and I’ve purchased several). My family has been in the construction industry for 3 generations, if we ever turned over a house like this to a home owner we would be out of business. I would not buy another house from this builder.

Greenwich Village Detached

This is a very unique community and I am very happy with how much value my home has to date. The builder needs to work on completing the home before handing over, especially the kitchen and bathrooms that are used everyday, its inconvenient to have partially done. Also the exterior should be completely done! No excuses. Service is great at coming out to fix repairs however consistent reminders are needed for everything to get done and it shouldn't be that way. I have several items not completed right the first time and it's frustrating having to wait and wait for toilets to be fixed etc..
All and all the quality is ok and the designs are truly unique but again don't bet on it being right the first time.
Don't think I would buy from Pratt or any new builder again. Too much rush job and the contractors that work for them could care less.
Do your research before buying from any new builder!
It's your money and investment so be wise.

Lou in Corunna
Lou in Corunna

Greenwich Village

It is and has been a great pleasure purchasing a condo in Greenwich Village because of the Pratt Team. Alex on the sales team recognized that I knew exactly what I wanted and led me immediately in the right direction. He went above and beyond through the purchase process by wading through the structural changes with me and by providing ideas. Then I met Gemma...a passionate employee who throughout my many visits to the design studio welcomed my family and friends, listened to their ideas and thoughts and provided guidance. She remained flexible and accommodating and by the time I met with her to secure the finishings I was 100% confident that she would be able to assist me with those last few colour choices without stress. She made the whole experience enjoyable and I left feeling even more excited to have purchased my condo. This team not only know their product but they know how to listen to their clients needs. Not once have I felt even an ounce of pressure - only excitement from them. I actually feel part of the Pratt Family now! Sincere thanks to all. I cannot wait to live in my new condo on such a beautiful street where special care has been taken to preserve the environment.

Alex in Barrie
Alex in Barrie

Design appointment

I just had my colour appointment with Gemma, the Pratt Homes designer. She has an incredible eye for design and she made the design process easy! I can hardly wait for the condo to be finished. Greenwich Village looks incredible and will soon be home to many happy purchasers. An amazing street added to the City of Barrie.

Well done, Pratt Homes

Cheers

Constance in Barrie
Constance in Barrie

Condo in Upper West Side

My experience with Pratt Homes has been positive from the first inquiring phone call with Cynthia, where she patiently and in detail answered my many questions and concerns about buying a condo in general, and a unit in Upper West Side, in particular. This was a big, life-changing decision - downsizing from a waterfront house in northern Ontario to a condo in Barrie. After spending time on the helpful Pratt website, researching condo living at Upper West Side and various floor plans and prices, and then actually seeing the model unit, I decided to buy my unit immediately as it was the last one available that had everything I wanted, including a view that overlooked the woods, with nature trails nearby.
Although it took me over a year to move in because of selling my home, I never doubted my decision, and the updates from Gemma on the progress of the building, as well as meeting to pick flooring and colours, helped to keep me grounded and excited that this move was becoming a reality. I was able to keep upgrades and additional costs to a minimum because the variety and choices offered as standard features were a decent quality.
When it came time to finally inspect the condo, Ramona was very helpful, both in explaining things and listing any work that needed to be fixed or touched up. When I had questions or concerns, property management and the office staff at Pratt Homes has been helpful and responded promptly, so the actual move went smoothly.
There are adjustments to living here – like hearing traffic instead of loons, and having less wide open windows for fresh air - but I have never regretted my decision to buy my unit, and the transition has been made easier because the design of the unit, building and surrounding landscaping make it feel less like I'm living in a big city. My grandchildren love coming to visit me here, and enjoy going outside to walk on the trails and see the geese in the pond. I'm looking forward to when the landscaping will be finished with trees, flowers and walkways, and they can use the new playground.
Thank you to everyone at Pratt Homes who has made this new stage in my life easier and a positive one.
Constance

Glenn in Toronto
Glenn in Toronto

Gallery condominium

Dan and Alex have been a pivotal force in my first condo purchase. The crew from day one made me feel like family and put my mind at ease of any concerns I may have. I often stop by to just chat and have even brought coffees for everyone.
I look forward to living in such a prime location and that Pratt is committing the 14 acre park and paths.

Carla in Toronto
Carla in Toronto

Yonge Station

I am a first time home buyer and purchased my condo at Yonge Station. Buying your first home is very exciting and also a big step in life. Upon purchase Alex was very helpful in the sales office answering questions about Yonge Station, Pratt Homes and also the Artist. Further to the closing date I ran into a few issues where Daniel was able to go above and beyond in customer service which made me feel much more confident about buying a Pratt Home. I bought my condo off plans so Yonge Station is a new community, I notice improvements each week throughout the complex which makes me assured the final stages off Yonge Station will be absolutely remarkable! Can't wait to see how beautiful this community will be!

Charlene  in Mississauga
Charlene in Mississauga

Yonge Station

This is the second home my husband and I have purchased together, and the experience we had and have continued to have with Pratt homes compared to the other builder is by far ABOVE any of our expectations. From the moment we stepped into the sales office the service has been outstanding... Gemma in the design studio was so helpful. She understood my vision for our home and together we created a space that I am so happy with. The complimentary dinner and art work we received when we purchase our home was also a bonus. The red ribbon across our front door when we did our PDI and the ginger bread house we received on our door step during the holidays, which by the way made my 4 year old sons day have been a few examples of the great costumer service we have experienced with Pratt homes... in a nut shell I can say this company truly cares about their buyers, and takes the time to make you feel that you are welcomed into the community and are important to them. What stands out the most to me is that the great service did not end after I signed the cheque, but it continued throughout the entire process, and still to this day being in the mist of a construction zone with the last phase going up, the construction workers to the different service representations are all so friendly and helpful. I can go on and on about all the great experiences we have had, but I can not forget to say how pleased I am with my home and how it was designed and built. It feels like a home not just a house if that makes any sense...its warm and welcoming and its affordable. Pratt homes is a builder that I would recommend to any of my friends and family members, if I were to buy again it would only be a Pratt home !

Dear Charlene,

We're glad to hear that we have gone far above your expectations. We really love to hear this!!! It also melts our hearts that your son enjoyed the red ribbon and the ginger bread house (aren't they delicious?).

Thank you for this incredible review! We will share your words with our team.

Sincerely,
The Pratt Homes Family

New Condo Build

My experience with Pratt homes was excellent from the day I first went into purchase the condo, through out the building process, and up to an including the final closing date. Pratt's staff were all very professional and pleasant, and had pride in the Pratt name. Whenever I needed any information or assistance with respect to my purchase, the Pratt team went out of their way to help. The end product also lived up to my expectations.

Thank you so much for this review. Our team really cares about all our purchasers and homeowners and does everything they can to help and support them throughout their experience.

Sincerely,
The Pratt Homes Family

More about Pratt Homes

Pratt Homes is Barrie's largest builder since 1890. They have been building condominiums, townhomes and detached home communities in the Barrie area for 124 years. Pratt Homes is the founder of the successful CMHC approved Rent to Own program and has various sweat equity and low deposit structure programs helping ...