Pratt Homes

Builders
301 King Street Barrie ON L4N 6B5

Reviews for Pratt Homes

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

The service people are not held accountable for their pacfic positions

BYER BEWARE BE WARE BE WARE PURCHASED A COND SALES STAFF HAPPY TO TALK YOU INTO PURCHASING HERES WERE YOUR PROBLEM BEGINS YOU GO TO CHOOSE YOUR INTERIOR EXAMPLE KITCHEN CUPBOARDS YOU SEE DOOR AN STLYE AN CLOUR THE BEHIND THE DOOR YOU PERNMENT SHELF LOCKS SHELF UNITS CAN ONLY BE CHANGED IF YOU THE ARE ABLE TO TAKE THE DOOS OFF AN CHANGE THEIR POSITION YOUR SELF. REQUESTED CROWN MOULDINGS THE DESIGNER NEGLECTED TO PUT ON THE UPGRADE SO WHEN YOU TALK TO THESE STAFF TO DO THE RIGHT THING AS PROS IN THEIR FIELD YOU NEED TO READ YOU PAPER WORK WORD FOR WORD AS SAID TO ME PERSONALY BY THE OWNER IF ITS NOT ON THE PAPER WORK ITS TO BAD SO SAD LIVE WITH IT ; RATHER THAN SAYING WERE SORRY I WILL SPEAK TO MY STAFF AT OUR NEXT MEETING TO INSURE I GIVE TOP QUALITY SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS TO TRY TO MAKE YOUR TRANISSION EASIER ALSO THEY HAVE PREINSPECTION DATE VERY CLOSE TO CLOSING SO YOUR OPTIONS ARE VERY SLIM TOTALY UNSATISIED VERY BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART THEY HAVE NEW ONES AVAIABLE COMING 2017 BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE THIS SITE HAS MANY UNHAPPY PEOPLE PLEASE READ THEIR REVEIWS

Hello, we are terribly sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please know that we never want to disappoint. We are proud of the homes we build and aim to make our homeowners both happy and proud as well. We do make accommodations where we can however sometimes it is not possible. Many homeowners make adjustments in their new homes to fit specific wants and needs that we as a builder may do differently.

Allow us to explain further with regard to the shelving support hardware. The type we use with the larger piece at the bottom and smaller piece at the top is intended to support the shelf from the bottom and secure it from the top should dishes weigh heavily toward the front edge of the shelf. This way the shelf would not flip up. The shelves are still adjustable however the doors may have to be removed to adjust. It is understandable you may want a different style to accommodate your needs however we do not offer variations on this particular product. We hope that you are able to find something that will accommodate.

With regard to an upgrade being missed, there are many ideas discussed throughout the purchase process of a new home and we try to be as diligent as possible to include absolutely everything a purchaser decides on in the agreement of purchase and sale. However it is also up to our purchasers to review and ensure all upgrades requested and decided on have been included. It really is a team effort.

Pre-Delivery Inspections are held to note anything missing, damaged or incomplete. Regardless of the Pre-Delivery Inspection date, certainly if we have missed anything requested in the agreement of purchase and sale, it would be rectified. Also, anything found damaged or incomplete would be addressed. Unfortunately our construction team would not know of any items that are not listed in the agreement of purchase and sale as they follow these diligently. Following these agreements diligently is what helps us to deliver the homes our purchasers officially request. We hope you understand and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We will assist where we can. Warmest, Basia, Director After Sales Service.

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Pratt condo Yonge Station

I purchased a three bedroom condo at Yonge Station and was looking forward to a new lifestyle. After months of waiting they had 40 units close on the same day -disaster one week before Christmas. While the overall condition of the unit was good I have terrible drafts from below my windows. If my unit is set for 20 the temperature below window at floor is 12-14 Celsius. When I called I was told they had the garage temperature higher ( I am on first floor) but they had people say their floors were so hot they could not walk on them - really!! I have young grandchildren and it is hard for them to crawl around. Nothing seems to be going to be done.

Hello, I am glad to hear you are happy with the overall condition of your new home however sorry to hear about the challenges you have had with the temperature of your floors at the windows. I understand our service man has come to inspect your windows and floors and has added additional insulation to address the issue. As well he will be returning to do some additional work to ensure there are no more drafts. Moving forward you should be warm and cozy in your new home through these cold spells. Please do let us know should you have any further concerns. All the best in your beautiful new home! Basia, Director of After Sales Service.

Randy in Barrie
Randy in Barrie

The Manhattan

I purchased a unit in the Manhattan development 2 years ago and was very happy with the finishes, and overall experience dealing with Pratt's staff. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a new home and a reliable builder. The whole process was easy, and worry free.

Hello Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive words. Manhattan is an incredible community to live in and we're glad that you were happy with your home there.

One of our goals is to make the new home buying experience fun and easy so thank you for mentioned that it was worry free and easy.

Tara in Barrie
Tara in Barrie

New Condo

We purchased a pre-built condo townhouse in Barrie this past summer. We've been so impressed with the obvious improvement in workmanship after renting an older Pratt home previously.

The customer service has been fantastic with quick responses to issues and lovely little touches to welcome us when we moved in.

We have had a great experience and love our new home.

Hello Tara;

Thank you very much for the compliment. We're pleased to hear that you're happy with the quality of your home and our customer service. You being in love with your home makes it all worth while!

Welcome to the Family.

disapointed in Barrie
disapointed in Barrie

Yonge Station Condos

My Mom just moved into a new condo at Yonge Station built by Pratt Homes , it has been a horrible experience.
Over 40 people took possession of their condos on Dec. 18th ., she is now trapped in her apartment because 14 days later the elevator is always in service while people move in. I don't know who's bright idea it was to move in that many people in 6 days before Christmas.
She moved into a condo from a detached house to make it easier for her but she has to carry her garbage all the way down to underground parking . Her unit was not complete and dust was everywhere.
I took my Mom to Prat homes Manhattan condos to view their model suites before she bought and we were impressed by the elegant lobby and halls. We expected something similar at Yonge Station , however the lobby is tiny and stark white. It is not attractive and just looks cheap.They have also installed white wallpaper in the halls (really)my Mom's condo fees will soar looking after white wallpaper. It's already ripped on her floor.
There has also been no mail delivered and no one seem to know why.
I could list 20 other problems... garbage room overflowing into underground parking, dirt, front doors that don't shut etc.
I feel really bad for my Mom because she is so dissapointed in her new home .

Hello, we are terribly sorry to hear about your feelings toward your Moms new home. We understand that among the many positives of purchasing a new build there are some challenges such as waiting for final touches to be complete and services to be available. Please know that we do our best to accommodate homeowner needs wherever and whenever possible. We would like you and your mom to be assured that outstanding repairs and final touches will be completed. With each day the community will feel more and more like home as you had imagined at Manhattan. We will certainly not leave homeowners hanging.

For the mail, Canada Post has been notified well in advance of the new community and now we must wait for mail to begin to be delivered. We do our diligence in following up regularly however it really is a practice of being patient until the service is available. At the pre-delivery inspection the important information sheet lets homeowners know that until Canada Post starts delivering, mail can be picked up from the central post office at 72 Morrow Road, Barrie. They are open from 9am-3:30pm Monday to Friday. I know it’s not convenient but this is what all our new communities have to do. Unfortunately Canada Post doesn’t work as fast as we and our homeowners would prefer.

With regard to the look and feel of our Yonge Station community, each community we build is inspired by and designed with its own unique look and feel - it is an asset to have unique communities. Our Yonge Station community was inspired by a steam train theme brought to life with original community art by local, international award winning artist Ron Baird. We are very proud of this theme and to have carried it through to each aspect of the Yonge Station community including the look and feel of the building exteriors, community grounds, lobby and hallways. We hope that once all final touches are complete you will enjoy the look and theme of your new home as much as we do.

I sincerely hope this information has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Sincerely Basia, Director After Sales Service.

kmolly in Barrie
kmolly in Barrie
1 review Newmarket, ON

Yonge Station condo looks like a long term care facility

I am starting to like my unit after painting it a cheerful blue to contract the bland white walls of the common elements. However I hate the Lobby and halls. Our poor super can spend the whole morning cleaning and 10 minutes later the white tiles are filthy again.
The choices made for the Lobby are ludicrous,
this is Barrie, it is dirty 6 months of the year.
In most heavy traffic areas variegated tiles are chosen because they don't show dirt. I don't know why white was chosen but ultimately it is the owner of Pratt homes who signed off on this choice. I am also tired of visitors, delivery men, and everyone else who comes to my building telling me it looks like a long term care facility. We residents are already talking about changing the tiles in the lobby, we should not have to make our building liveable after only the 3rd month of residence. We would have preferred that the money spent on the art outside was used to make our building attractive inside. What we want is a warm welcoming Lobby not one that looks like a long term care facility and is always filthy.

Thanks Cynthia and Basia for solving my problems . Special thanks to Cynthia for taking the time to call me rather than just email.

Review has 2 previous versions

Hi kmolly, I am terribly sorry to hear about this. I would like to ask if you could please contact me directly to let me know what community you purchased in and your unit number. I would like to look into this for you. Our goal is to have happy homeowners. Basia, Director After Sales Service 705-721-9912

Stanislav in Barrie
Stanislav in Barrie

NEW CONDO

Buying from Pratt has been a terrible experience. They cannot manage a project and deliver it on time. My closing was on Dec 18th. Today is 21st and I still do not have counters, backsplash, my wall touch ups is not done yet and they are telling me it's LIVABLE CONDITION!! HAH? Do you want your kids to live in rooms with fresh pain on? How can you move in there if the paint is yet to be done?
And they are telling me - because of the holiday season - I should not expect it earlier than in three weeks!! Pratt, happy holidays to you too!

And the best news!! They built this building without a chute!! All the older people who sold their houses to move into condo will have to take their garbage to the underground parking lot. Duh!! NEVER BUY FROM PRATT. I will post it on every local site to make the people aware of my experience. I will update this post as soon as the problem is fixed.

P.S. I am not a competitor builder and I have not intention to badmouth Pratt Homes. I am just sharing my personal experience - very negative. You can contact me directly if you have any questions.

Hello Stanislav, it saddens us to read such a post only one business day after your closing. As you are aware we have been addressing the items discussed together in our service department promptly. Initially you had been informed that outstanding items may take longer than this as we must prepare you should addressing an issue take longer than expected - many businesses do shut down over the holiday season and we must prepare our homeowners for possible delays although we do our absolute best to have as minimal impact on our homeowners as possible. We are truly sorry that you feel this way, upon review of your journey with Pratt Homes, we have made every effort to ensure you had a positive experience. We would like to continue to do so and hope that we can help turn your experience into a positive one. Please contact us to work together to understand our processes and one another more clearly. Best wishes in the new year. Basia, Director After Sales Service.

A&P in Barrie
A&P in Barrie

Product/Service

After many years of deciding whether to move into a condo we finally decided to buy. A life changing decision like this is not an easy one. From the beginning of this endeavour Pratt has made this transition an easy one. From the moment of entering the sales office and meeting Caitlyn who helped through the whole procedure with professionalism and kindness, it was a easy transition. The rest of staff were also helpful, answered all of our 200 questions and were very patient with us. We are now looking forward to moving to our new home and starting a new chapter in our life.

Hello A&P in Barrie.

We're happy that you were pleased with the service you received. There are never too many questions when you're purchasing a new home. Glad our sales team and our entire organization could help you through this life transition.

You're right! It's not an easy decision but you definitely made the right one.

Welcome to the Family.

Marija from Innisfil
Marija from Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

Webster

The worst company to work with. We both our house 3 years ago and there was so many mistakes done in the building process and we after 3 years are still waiting for them to fix it. We got our first grass after 2 years.....

Glen Watson from Simcoe County
Glen Watson from Simcoe County

Noise from Drain Pipes

There is a problem in the Pratt Manhattan project with water sounds from the drain pipes When ever water is run on the upper floors it sounds like a water fall on the lower floors. This is in the 8 plex buildings and the Town Houses. I am not sure about the 48 unit Condos. Pratt is aware of this and will do nothing to mitigate the sound. This is a direct quote from their service director. Because, it is not a warrantable issue under Tarion or required by the building code to wrap the pipes. I would recommend you check this when you inspect any of their new projects. They may talk the talk but they don't walk the walk.

Hi Glen,

I am very sorry to hear about your frustrations with the sound from the drain pipes. Sound is a challenge to address as it impacts each individual differently. Many factors impact the sounds in one’s home and how an individual is affected by the sounds around them. I would like you to know that delivering a quality product is of utmost importance to us and we take homeowner feedback seriously. We are proud to adhere to the Ontario Building Code and Tarion Guidelines and, are also proud that we go above and beyond whenever possible. We aim to deliver homes that homeowners love!

Again, I am sorry to hear that the sounds in your home have been a challenge for you however I sincerely hope you are enjoying all other aspects of your Pratt home.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will certainly take it into consideration when moving forward with each new project.

Sincerely, Basia
After Sales Service, Pratt Homes Barrie

More about Pratt Homes

Pratt Homes is Barrie's largest builder since 1890. They have been building condominiums, townhomes and detached home communities in the Barrie area for 124 years. Pratt Homes is the founder of the successful CMHC approved Rent to Own program and has various sweat equity and low deposit structure programs helping ...
Looking for Builders pros in Barrie?