Mckinnon Heating Cooling

40 Kodiak Crescent, Unit 8 Toronto ON M3J 3G5
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Downsview  >  Mckinnon Heating Cooling

Reviews for Mckinnon Heating Cooling

Eric in Toronto
Eric in Toronto

Install central A/C in townhouse complex

I found out my A/C wouldn't cool during the first heat wave of the year. Called two highly-rated Homestar companies; one wasn't answering their phone, the other was too busy to consider servicing outside their usual area. A third company down the road didn't even bother to follow up with a quote after asking me to send photos. I eventually found my way to Mckinnon through a neighbour's referral. Michael, the owner of Mckinnon, provided a quote within hours and I had an appointment soon after. It took three guys seven hours to complete the somewhat unusual work -- we're in a townhouse with the unit suspended eight feet on a bracket in the parking garage. I didn't interact much with the crew but they seemed professional and considerate (e.g. removing their shoes and not leaving any mess). Very pleased with my interactions and outcome.

Thank You Eric for the review. You were very understanding that we needed to reschedule the original installation date and we appreciated your cooperation and flexibility. We hope you enjoy your new air conditioning system and thank you very much for your business.

Mary in Toronto
Mary in Toronto

Tankless Water Heater

I want to Thank Michael for the expertise and advise regarding our Rinnai tankless water heater replacement. The crew was very professional, knowledgeable and resourceful during the installation. The job was completed efficiently and effectively. Hamid is a talented problem solver. Looking forward to doing business for future needs. Will highly recommend to family and friends. Thank you McKinnon Heating & Cooling. Mary A.

john in Toronto
john in Toronto

Space and water heater replacement

Thank you, Michael.
The work at -------- meant a fourteen hour day yesterday, both for myself and for your team of installers.
They are a fine group of hard-working fellows: polite, careful, thorough, and very neat in their work. Their task was certainly not made any easier by being five flights above street level !!!
I appreciated the thoroughness of your work in quoting the job with all options, and in answering my follow-up questions. This helped me enormously in arriving at my decision.
Your own efforts, and those of your team, are all much appreciated.
With very best wishes,
John Le Forestier, Toronto.

Indirect Water Heater Replacement

Mckinnon did a fabulous job for us. Best price, fantastic and fast service.
I called them at 9:00 at night and a team was at our house with a new heater at 9:000 the following morning. The installers were polite, hard working and cleaned up after. I highly recommend them.

Ray
Ray

Steam Humidifier install into a High velocity Furnace

I am one super happy customer!
Long story short, after being repeatedly strung along like a piece of dirt by a much bigger HVAC company, which I won't name, but I'll say they weren't "reliable" at all contrary to their name.
Michael came to my home and examined my HVAC system and took his time to explain his thoughts on getting a steam humidifier installed. There was no pressure, it was just two guys talking about HVAC systems and options and about the industry.
On installation day, Ricardo and Hamid arrived and set out to get working. What I am truly impressed by is that they took their time to make sure things were done right. They always explained what they were thinking and what they were going to do and asked me first to make sure I was okay with that route.
My home setup was challenging, because its a small stacked townhome and the mechanical room doesnt give you much to work with, but these guys made it work.
Even when they thought they might have had to drill holes into the ceiling on the floor below to get the wiring through, they knew it wasn't something I would have liked, and they figured out another option.
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
Thank you to the McKinnon team for everything. Within 30 mins I already can see that the humidity in my home has gone from 23% to 35%. I will never own a home without a steam humidifier again, and I know exactly who I will call to install it when I need to.

Thanks Ray for your review. The credit is to our installers who care about their work, communicate with the client and do the best work they are able.

It is our pleasure to have a client such as you, one who values sound advice and honesty from the contractor.

We hope you enjoy your more comfortable home as a result of the steam humidifier installation.

BBD in Toronto
BBD in Toronto

Installation of Heat Pumps

I thought my experience with McKinnon Heating & Cooling was very professional and efficient. The technicians were knowledgeable and respectful. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend them.

Stephanie in Scarborough
Stephanie in Scarborough

Replacement of Electrical Heater

We recently used McKinnon Heating Cooling to replace our electrical heater. Michael came in to take a look at the job within a few hours of receiving the call. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in providing us with options and expert advice. Initially we were unsure if we wanted to fix our broken unit or replace it. Michael did not pressure us, but instead presented us with all the options and the costs. The crew was also very professional and efficient and left the place clean after the job was completed. We would highly recommend Michael and his team to anybody who is looking for trustworthy and high quality professional services.

Excellent service on my furnace

This was supposed to be my 3rd quote on a new furnace, instead their ace technician diagnosed what others missed and now I'm happily using my original furnace! Best $180 I ever spent. On a furnace.

Jonathan in Toronto
Jonathan in Toronto

Great Fast Work!

These guys were great, and the owner a very nice guy who had my air conditioning problem solved quickly. Had no issues what so ever. Premium work! great service! would highly recommend and would use again!

rhonda in Thornhill
rhonda in Thornhill

cHARGED ME FOR SERVICE CALL ON HOT WATER TANK WHEN THEY KNEW NOTHING WAS WRONG

I called them to come to my house because it looked like my hot water tank was leaking. I told them there was a puddle around my tank. I called on a Saturday evening around 8:00 pm. They told me someone would call me back. Nobody called. I called again at 11:00 pm and they told me that someone would call back. I stayed up to 1:30 am on Sunday, and nobody called back. I got a call Sunday morning at 9:30 am, and a technician came at around 10:45 am. He was at my house for about 20 minutes. He said that it wasn't the hot water tank, it was the furnace. He wrote that on the work order he gave me, and left. I called another technician for my furnace, which was under warranty. The technician came and said that it was NOT the furnace, it was the air conditioning. He said that if the water tank was leaking, there would be a flood in my basement, and that the McKinnon technician should have know that. They charged me $203.40 to come for nothing, as they should have know it was not the hot water tank leaking ( I bought the hot water tank from McKinnon), so they came so that they could charge me for doing nothing and diagnosed the problem INCORRECTLY. Also, by telling me it was the furnace, which it WASN'T, there was an additional technician charge. STAY AWAY FROM MCKINNON!!!!!

More about Mckinnon Heating Cooling

Since 1934, Mckinnon Heating Cooling has been servicing the home comfort needs of the Greater Toronto Area. Mckinnon services and installs furnaces, boilers, tank and tankless water heaters, indoor air quality accessories (humidifiers, air cleaners, UV lights, Heat Recovery ventilators). Mckinnon also provides annual maintenance agreements.