Plumbing

Kelly R Kerr from Rancho Mirage
Kelly R Kerr from Rancho Mirage
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

Robbed by Lambert

Horrible experience with Lambert plumbing. Our strata called them to look at a small leak, and their techs provided the wrong assessment, and then they grossly over-billed us ($400+ for 5 minutes in our suite). They also included work for a totally separate job in our building on our invoice.

We reached out to Lambert to try and resolve, including the owner, and got nothing but a run around. Avoid this company!

PN/JB in Vancouver
PN/JB in Vancouver
3 reviews Burnaby, BC

Drainage/sewage problems

A wet concrete floor in our basement level laundry room after heavy rains alerted us to potential drainage problems. We contacted Lambert Plumbing based on their many favourable online reviews. Naison provided outstanding service while resolving multiple issues with our 100+ year old house, including foundation drainage and sewage line problems. Knowledgeable, professional, efficient and friendly, Naison (and crew) were a joy to work with.

WestD in Vancouver

1597 Kent Ave NE
Vancouver
BC
V5P 4Y7

I called Lambert Plumbing to have several issues (blocked toilet, leaking faucet and sinks that didn't work) repaired at a condo I purchased. Their tech Brandon arrived on time, worked quickly and knew what he was doing. He got everything done in under an hour and the charge was reasonable. I would use Lambert again.

Jenny in Burnaby
Jenny in Burnaby
5 reviews Burnaby, BC

unprofessional; expect to clean and repaint when they are done

I hired Lambert to install a new furnace in a town house I recently purchased. I had also arranged for a ceiling fan to be installed in the bathroom at the same time. I spoke to Bob, who came out to provide a quote. For the ceiling fan, Bob recommended "Phil", an electrician who he had worked with many times before. He told me that Phil would contact me that day (the day of the quote, about 2 weeks before the installation date). He didn't. Despite Bob assuring me on at least three occasions that Phil would definitely be there on the day to install the fan, he never turned up at all (or called). But every time I suggested that I contact another electrician, Bob was all "Oh no, Phil will definitely be there, don't worry about a thing!" Well thanks Bob, now I have to arrange with somebody else on a different day.

Bob (who is a great salesman) had also assured me that he would be there in the morning of the installation day to ensure that the workmen understood what needed to be done, and that he would also be there at the end of the day to ensure that all was well. We arranged to meet at 8:30. The workmen sauntered in at 9:30 and Bob finally appeared at 9:45. I've already missed an hour's work at this point, but fine, what time will they be finished? The workmen said 4 or 5pm. Bob was all, "Oh no, they will probably finish earlier than that!" I said I would return at 4:30pm.

Not having received a call to indicate that they were behind schedule, I arrived back at the townhouse at 4:30. I live 45 mins drive away from the townhouse. I arrive to find that they are not even close to being finished. So I wait for 2 hours in the FREEZING house for them to finish. Bob would have had me cool my heels (and everything else) for another hour or so.

Meanwhile, I notice that the workmen have used the bathroom. Of course I don't mind tradespeople using the bathroom, but I expect them to leave it in the condition they found it, ie. pristine, with toilet seat down. How do I find it? Seat up and pee splashes around the edges. Are you kidding me? Could you not wipe that up before I come back? Do you expect me to do that? GROSS.

Finally, the installation is complete. However, even though they were late finishing, and knew I had to work that evening, and be up at 6am the next day, the workmen began leisurely packing away the stuff outside the unit, leaving the mess inside for last! Clearly, they should have cleaned up inside first, let me leave, and then worried about their stuff outside the unit (it was all in a safe place). Finally I gathered up their stuff and put it outside the door myself.

Looking around, I saw that the floor was a mess with bits of stuff everywhere, but the workmen didn't even offer to sweep. The walls were covered with black fingerprints and smears - no attempt to clean that. Then I noticed some blackish purple glue stuff on the wall (the same stuff that is dripped all over the white pipes). I tried to rub it off - nope. Tried removing it with paint thinner - still no luck. The workman tried to scratch it off with his nail - no go. So it had to be sanded off, then repainted...at that point I realised the workman had not only taken my only paint brush to paint the vent cover, but they had packed it away with their things. In other words, they didn't even bring their own paint brush! I asked for mine to be returned and it turned out they had thrown it in the dumpster!!!! I am talking about an almost new, good quality paintbrush! WTF people. So the workmen went dumpster diving to return my paintbrush so I could repaint the black spot. After I cleaned the paintbrush, of course.

Needless to say, there was no attempt to patch up or paint the gouges and gaps and damaged drywall around the vent pipe or new thermostat. I did that myself.

Finally, despite Bob's assurances that he would be there at the end of the day to make sure everything was done well, he never turned up at all and also didn’t even phone.

The quality of the installation itself is yet to be determined, but for professionalism, integrity, and honesty, I give Lambert a 0.

Barry in Vancouver
Barry in Vancouver
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

servicing furnace and hot water tank

They serviced our hot water tank and our gas furnace. Fast response to our requests; friendly and personable service guys did the work quickly and efficiently. They didn't try to oversell other products, and the price was excellent as well.

Richard Gee from Vancouver
Richard Gee from Vancouver
1 review W Vancouver, BC

Replace furnace & hot water tank

Estimate, explanations, installation & follow-up for the entire project was done efficiently correctly and on time. Every effort was put in to ensure old products were removed while ensuring all permits were in place to install new items. Friendly & professional service. We've already recommended them to our neighbours.

Bruce Imrie from Richmond
Bruce Imrie from Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Plumbing repairs

The problem was vibration noise in our water pipes when a tap was turned on. The plumber sent to remedy the problem appeared knowledgeable and convinced me to install a domestic expansion tank. The job was done well and promptly. I'm not sure the problem has been resolved and I was charged about a 400% markup for supplies. Expensive!
On March 26th I received a call from Lambert Plumbing. They explained that their costs for materials are actually twice what I estimated their costs to be. This means that their mark-up is actually 100% which is an industry standard and something I find to be acceptable.
I appreciate that they followed up on my comments and I must repeat that their work was done promptly and professionally. They also offered to discuss the amount of their bill.

Review has 1 previous version
Evan in Vancouver
Evan in Vancouver
2 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Heating and plumbing quote

Lambert is very responsive in providing quote/ responding to emergency needs. Good follow up services too. For anyone looking to replace boiler / hot water tank I would recommend contacting Lambert for quotes too.

wayne in Richmond
wayne in Richmond
14 reviews Richmond, BC

Had a heating problem

My house is old some the heater died out on me. Gave Lambert plumbing and heating a call and they arrived quickly to inspect the heater. Found out it was a small problem and just had to replace new parts to the heater to keep it running again.

Truffles in Vancouver

1597 Kent Ave NE
Vancouver
BC
V5P 4Y7

We used Lambert Plumbing for a number of necessary repairs we had in our apartment buildings, from leaky pipes to hot water tank replacement. At first we were happy with the level of service we were receiving, but as we became regular customers, we felt that the level of service began to drop and that they were increasingly sending trainee plumbers to work on our jobs, which would extend the length of time any repair would take to complete and in turn increase the amount of our bill. In the end, we got frustrated with this and switched companies.

Looking for Plumbing pros in Vancouver?