IKEA Canada

3200 Sweden Way Richmond BC V6V2A5
HomeStars  >  Furniture in Richmond  >  IKEA Canada

Reviews for IKEA Canada

Storage shelves

I had a very bad experienced today with ikea’s customer service. She was rude and she refused my refund. I paid for assembly service and the guy showed up and said he can’t put my shelves together cuz I don’t have wall mount brackets. Why they didn’t tell me I need this? And she told me I will not get a refund, after a heated argument she gave me a gift card as my refund. She said that’s beyond ikea’s policy. Also if I were to pick up the brackets I need to pay extra $50 to reschedule for another assembly service.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

WORST DELIVERY SERVICE....EVER

2 days so far waiting for delivery that never shows up. Then I try and call IKEA and no one answers the line, just drops the call after going through numerous prompts. DO NOT GET DELIVERY SERVICE! You will be wasting your valuable time.

Tara in San Francisco
Tara in San Francisco
1 review Hamilton, ON

PAX Wardrobe

It's my first and last time buying IKEA products! After waiting for two weeks I rented a van and picked up the online order which was a PAX Wardrobe. Then I got two guys to assemble it and half way through we found that one major piece is missing. I called the customer service and I still can not believe what I've heard. They offered me another 3 weeks waiting to deliver the missing part to my house, while that giant big wardrobe is sitting in the middle of my bedroom as I don't have room for it anywhere else in the house, and I have to reorganize my closet as I had emptied it ready for the wardrobe . The worst part is I have to keep an eye on my little one to not hurt himself for 3 weeks!!! Another offer was returning the product which means I have to pay someone to deassmble it and renting a van again. And at the end the support person said you're not cooperating!!! That's how they takes responsibility of their faults! Ive never experienced such a horrible customer service in Canada! And before I forget they offered me a 25$ gift card for this inconvenience whereas so far I've spent about 100$ transportation and labour fee on top of my time, and have to pay the same amount to get it dissemble and rent a van to return it!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

furniture

I bought many items and also the services (delivery and assembly). When I received the products, I told the guys it was better to put the items in the correct rooms & floors. They said "no problem, the assembly team can move them". Then... the surprise. The assembly people just don't move boxes to the other floor. I called Ikea and they said that nothing could be done. So... Ikea sell the services and are not responsible for them? Great.

Frustrated with IKEA in Ottawa
Frustrated with IKEA in Ottawa
1 review , ON

Delivery is the WORST

I would never shop on line again with this company, paid for delivery of over $1000 with of product, waited all day for delivery on a Saturday, get a call at 4 oclock saying that they can't deliver and if they could deliver on Monday which was fine as we were off that day, a little ticked off but ok things happen. Then they call back 2 hrs later and say they can't deliver Monday and they will be there Tuesday, well guess what we work that day that is why we booked delivery for Saturday, then they wanted to deliver it 2 weeks later...needless to say we canceled the order. People on the phone were not very helpful at all.....and actually very condescending. Now fighting with them to refund my money when nothing was ever shipped to me....NEVER AGAIN IKEA.....

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Delivery

ABSOLUTLEY DISGUTED WITH THEIR DELIVERY PROTOCOL!!!!!!!!!!.... SO DIGUSTED I FEEL I NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD AND VOW NEVER TO SUPPORT SUCH A COMPANY AGAIN!!!!

..... NOT EVEN A PHONECALL TO GIVE ME THE HEADS UP!

Jenn in Toronto
Jenn in Toronto

WORST customer service on delivery

The delivery service is BRUTAl and then the customer service follow-up is even worse. I will never order another product.
Basically, they didn't deliver and claimed they attempted but no messages were left and insisted that I pay the delivery fee again and they will attempt. Customer service was awful and spoke to a manager who was ridiculous.

Valerie in Toronto
Valerie in Toronto

When Something Goes Wrong

I'm very happy with the product selection and my in-store experience has always been positive. As someone without a car & poor assembly skills, I've relied heavily on Ikea to furnish my home. However, in each of 2 major deliveries there was a problem - this time awful XPO damaged an item &I had to organize a pickup to return it to the store. The refund card didn't arrive in the mail causing another hour on the phone to resolve it. Last time, they delivered a box that wasn't mine, I spent 2 hours on the phone and another XPO hassle to get it picked up. I think this is a great company in many ways and don't understand their failures in the post-purchase system.

Christine Sampson from Toronto
Christine Sampson from Toronto
3 reviews Richmond, BC

HOME OFFICE REMODEL

I recently completely redid my how's office purchase 3 different units - 2 BESTA and 1 PAX from the North York and Vaughn store. The online planner was helpful and the co-workers at IKEA were fantastic. So much so that I just ordered another PAX unit for my bedroom. Everything looks beautiful. Thanks IKEA.

Cheers,
Christine Sampson

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

terrible online order experience

I ordered $6000 furniture online on May 2017, and some of the parts were damage during the delivery. Called them to replace and also refund for some items.
1. Firstly, the call center agent misunderstood my message, and redeliver the items that i would like to return. Also, the delivery guys refused to pick up the items that i wish to return and not telling truth to Ikea that we refused to give the items to him to send back. I don't understand that i was waiting for so long for them to pick up, and the guys was telling the truth in front of me. I spoke to agent after, they don't believe me, anyway, i have all the return items ready for them to pick up in the living room, and i can't place any furniture to the living room since it was so messy.
2. After the delivery guy picked the item from me, it took over a month for them to deliver my items to the Ikea store. I don't understand why it take this much long time, and why Ikea did not take any action for this kind of service. Every time, i call the agent, except waiting over 30 mins, they told me totally different story. Some of them told me the store received my items on this date, and will refund next week, and when you call next week, other agent will tell you your items received on the other day, and it will take another few days to get credit.
So far, i have not received any credit from my refund items. Will never ever choose Ikea again, and will alert all my friends and family members.
Anyway, i think the most fault is from the delivery company. It was too much waiting for them to ship my items from their warehouse to the Ikea store. And the call center agent was not profession enough to get my point.