IKEA Canada

Reviews for IKEA Canada

Lisa B in Old Toronto
Lisa B in Old Toronto

Too Bad Delivery Service

i got really bad delivery service from online ordering on IKEA web. We bought a sofa from Apr 19 and it should be delivered on May 3 around 9am - 1pm but nothing appeared, even my husband had to make a day off to wait for it then they sent us an email (the sofa is not on the truck => whatttttttt????). And my husband tried to call customer service and they rescheduled it on May 5. Again, nothing came. He called them again and then they rescheduled it on May 8. Again, nothing came. And now i don't know what is gonna happen. IKEA is a big company but i don't understand why you guys don't wanna take care of customer or do you think even if we don't buy anything from you, you still have a lot of other customers? . You get pay and do nothing. Actually, what are you doing?? Honestly, money or that sofa is important but this is also wasting a lot of time from us. We cannot always stay at home to only wait for you. Come on, please pay more attention on customer service and delivery service.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Storage shelves

I had a very bad experienced today with ikea’s customer service. She was rude and she refused my refund. I paid for assembly service and the guy showed up and said he can’t put my shelves together cuz I don’t have wall mount brackets. Why they didn’t tell me I need this? And she told me I will not get a refund, after a heated argument she gave me a gift card as my refund. She said that’s beyond ikea’s policy. Also if I were to pick up the brackets I need to pay extra $50 to reschedule for another assembly service.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

WORST DELIVERY SERVICE....EVER

2 days so far waiting for delivery that never shows up. Then I try and call IKEA and no one answers the line, just drops the call after going through numerous prompts. DO NOT GET DELIVERY SERVICE! You will be wasting your valuable time.

Tara in San Francisco
Tara in San Francisco
1 review Hamilton, ON

PAX Wardrobe

It's my first and last time buying IKEA products! After waiting for two weeks I rented a van and picked up the online order which was a PAX Wardrobe. Then I got two guys to assemble it and half way through we found that one major piece is missing. I called the customer service and I still can not believe what I've heard. They offered me another 3 weeks waiting to deliver the missing part to my house, while that giant big wardrobe is sitting in the middle of my bedroom as I don't have room for it anywhere else in the house, and I have to reorganize my closet as I had emptied it ready for the wardrobe . The worst part is I have to keep an eye on my little one to not hurt himself for 3 weeks!!! Another offer was returning the product which means I have to pay someone to deassmble it and renting a van again. And at the end the support person said you're not cooperating!!! That's how they takes responsibility of their faults! Ive never experienced such a horrible customer service in Canada! And before I forget they offered me a 25$ gift card for this inconvenience whereas so far I've spent about 100$ transportation and labour fee on top of my time, and have to pay the same amount to get it dissemble and rent a van to return it!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

furniture

I bought many items and also the services (delivery and assembly). When I received the products, I told the guys it was better to put the items in the correct rooms & floors. They said "no problem, the assembly team can move them". Then... the surprise. The assembly people just don't move boxes to the other floor. I called Ikea and they said that nothing could be done. So... Ikea sell the services and are not responsible for them? Great.

Frustrated with IKEA in Ottawa
Frustrated with IKEA in Ottawa
1 review , ON

Delivery is the WORST

I would never shop on line again with this company, paid for delivery of over $1000 with of product, waited all day for delivery on a Saturday, get a call at 4 oclock saying that they can't deliver and if they could deliver on Monday which was fine as we were off that day, a little ticked off but ok things happen. Then they call back 2 hrs later and say they can't deliver Monday and they will be there Tuesday, well guess what we work that day that is why we booked delivery for Saturday, then they wanted to deliver it 2 weeks later...needless to say we canceled the order. People on the phone were not very helpful at all.....and actually very condescending. Now fighting with them to refund my money when nothing was ever shipped to me....NEVER AGAIN IKEA.....

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Delivery

ABSOLUTLEY DISGUTED WITH THEIR DELIVERY PROTOCOL!!!!!!!!!!.... SO DIGUSTED I FEEL I NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD AND VOW NEVER TO SUPPORT SUCH A COMPANY AGAIN!!!!

..... NOT EVEN A PHONECALL TO GIVE ME THE HEADS UP!

Jenn in Toronto
Jenn in Toronto

WORST customer service on delivery

The delivery service is BRUTAl and then the customer service follow-up is even worse. I will never order another product.
Basically, they didn't deliver and claimed they attempted but no messages were left and insisted that I pay the delivery fee again and they will attempt. Customer service was awful and spoke to a manager who was ridiculous.

Valerie in Toronto
Valerie in Toronto

When Something Goes Wrong

I'm very happy with the product selection and my in-store experience has always been positive. As someone without a car & poor assembly skills, I've relied heavily on Ikea to furnish my home. However, in each of 2 major deliveries there was a problem - this time awful XPO damaged an item &I had to organize a pickup to return it to the store. The refund card didn't arrive in the mail causing another hour on the phone to resolve it. Last time, they delivered a box that wasn't mine, I spent 2 hours on the phone and another XPO hassle to get it picked up. I think this is a great company in many ways and don't understand their failures in the post-purchase system.

Christine Sampson from Toronto
Christine Sampson from Toronto
3 reviews Richmond, BC

HOME OFFICE REMODEL

I recently completely redid my how's office purchase 3 different units - 2 BESTA and 1 PAX from the North York and Vaughn store. The online planner was helpful and the co-workers at IKEA were fantastic. So much so that I just ordered another PAX unit for my bedroom. Everything looks beautiful. Thanks IKEA.

Cheers,