Enercare Home Services

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

J H.
J H.

Service

The furnace in my rental property broke down so I called Enercare, with whom I have a maintenance & protection plan. Got an appointment the very next day. The Tech showed up on time, fixed the furnace and got it working within 1/2 hour.

Alan from Toronto
Alan from Toronto

Terrible and they don’t adhere to their own contract terms

As per Enercare contract, customers are responsible to ensure the maintenance of their appliance with Enercare is performed. As part of the maintenance listed in the GSW water heater manual and/or widely known otherwise, is that the anode rod must be inspected regularly and should be changed at most every 5 years, much more often if you have softened water. This is to ensure water safety, prevent corrosion of other internal metal parts amongst other benefits.

I called and made it clear I wanted the Anode rod replaced as my tank was 4 years and 9 months old. I told the call-taker to ensure it is noted for the technician to have the anode rod for my model water heater for the appointment. The call-taker said he did. The technician called me on his way to my place and when asked, he said he did not have the anode rod. I told him there was no reason to attend.

I again reviewed the Enercare contract to terminate the contract by me and it stated I must buyout the water heater using the buyout schedule on their website. The buyout schedule listed for my CV50 water heater between 4 - 5 years old was listed at $969.00.

I called Enercare and the lady advised it would be just under $1200.00 plus HST. I told her their contract and buyout schedule on their website states $969.00. After not agreeing with me I asked to speak to a supervisor. After being on hold, the same lady returned to the call and said she was sorry, made a mistake and I was correct that it was $969 plus tax for a total off $1094.97. She asked if I still wanted to go through with the buyout and I said yes. She said she would get my confirmation number and pout me on hold. After being on hold for a short while, the line went dead.

I called back and now was speaking to another lady. She told me the other person did not make any notes on my file and she did not initiate any buyout as I agreed to prior to the line going dead. This different call-taker put me on hold and came back with a buyout of $1188.00 plus tax. I again advised that the Enercare contract and buyout on their website stated $969.00. She said NO. I asked to speak to a supervisor. After being on hold for 24 minutes, the same lady came back on the phone, not a supervisor. She said she spoke to a supervisor and said there was nothing they could do about the price, it was $1188.00 plus tax. I said no, they are going against their own contract terms. She said she will have someone call me back in the future. So after being on the phone for a total of 1 hour and 10 minutes, I still could not cancel the contract by buying out my water heater as per the terms of THEIR contract.

Tris_ar
Tris_ar

rental HVAC install service

I got a rental HAVC installed at home as a Tenant. I experienced a very proffesional work, with outstanding communication before, during and after the istalation. I received a prompt service just the next day of requesting it.

Private User reviews Wasaga Beach, ON

Hot Water Tank

Rental Hot Water Tank. First telphone CSR sounded robotic and disinterested. Tried to sell electrical service plan. On a positive note, he was quick and set up an appointment at an acceptible time.

First repair technician called ahead of time, and showed up within the window given. He quickly established that the water heater required replacement and set up an appointment the next day. He was courteous and professional.

First telephone CSR I spoke to to cofirm the replacemt appointment was hard to understand and after a few minutes she put me on hold. A second CSR then came on to complete the booking.

The two technicians who replaced the water heater were professional, courteous and fast.

MB
MB
0 reviews London, ON

Furnace repair

My furnace was acting erratically. Some times it worked and many times it did not. i contacted Enercare on a Saturday afternoon to explain the issue. They scheduled a service call for Sunday morning. The technician arrived as scheduled. He was very friendly and courteous and respectful of the house. He diagnosed the problem and ordered a replacement part to be couriered to my house. The part arrived Monday afternoon and I was able to schedule the installation for Tuesday morning. All went to plan and the furnace is functioning properly again.

Bill in Toronto
Bill in Toronto
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Furnace repair

Both visits were prompt and technicians knew what they were doing. They both explained what they were doing. The first explained what the problem was and for the second visit he explained what he needed to do and that it would only take 5 minutes to replace the part.

Worst Customer Service

I have had the misfortune of being a customer of Enercare as my builder selected them for my water heater rental. I have had nothing but terrible customer service each time I have had to deal with them.

My most recent experience was a rapidly leaking water heater and when I called I called at 9am and expressed the emergency situation including the fact that I live in a condo and the water could also be causing damage to the unit below, I was told I could have an appointment between 3-7. This was not satisfactory so I reiterated the urgency of my situation (even with the water off, water was still leaking from somewhere). She said she would look into it and call me back, which she did not. I called again to find the original person had not even booked the 3-7 appointment and now I could have one from 6-10. This time instead of waiting to be called back I asked to speak to a supervisor. This person again said they would look into it and call me back, which they did not.
It is extremely frustrating when you are in the middle dealing with an emergency and the customer service of the company that you are relying on has such a poor attitude and gives the impression to the customer that they could care less.

Dave in Toronto
Dave in Toronto
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Hot water heater upgrade

In Sept. replaced our old rental water heater with a new 60 gal rental unit...went rental for the supposed peace of mind that everything will be taken care in event of a breakdown or challenge. New heater installed by Enercare and then stopped working within a week. Called and service rep came out, noted defective part, did not have one and ordered it. Finally, after many calls got new part installed...works fine. Then on my Dec. Enbridge bill I notice a charge for $50 + HST. After 3 calls, I was told it was for the service on the replacement of the part on our brand new

heater. When I said this was ridiculous, Andrew, the rep had the audacity to say I was getting off lightly as the part was about $1000. What about the fact that this was a brand new defective RENTAL unit that ENERCARE is responsible for??? He stonewalled any arguments I made saying the charge was valid and he would not allow me to speak to a supervisor. He did give me another phone number to call but my calls in the late morning go immediately to a voicemail stating it is outside of their business hours....more frustration. My feeling is that ENERCARE simply does NOT CARE and I would strongly suggest that buyer & renter beware.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Furnace failure

Furnace failure : not heating as normal and making unusual noise, plus house temperature falling rapidly. A technician was dispatched to my home in less than 24 hours. Excellent response

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately ...
Looking for Drain Services pros in Oshawa?