City Plumbing & Drains

Plumbing
City Plumbing & Drains

Reviews for City Plumbing & Drains

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Replace toilet with new one, check pipes.

A local handyman in Riverdale recommended City Plumbing and Drains when I needed some advice about my old basement toilet which was leaking a little. Gus answered the phone immediately, reassured me that he could help, and offered to come over the next day to take a look. He suggested a new toilet and explained why. He helped me narrow down my options, and I asked him for a few days to think it over. When I made up my mind, we agreed on a date for the installation. Gus drove to the store that morning, and picked up the new toilet for me. He also brought an assistant to help him take out the old one and install the new one. The whole thing went very smoothly. Gus is very capable, very professional, and also a warm and friendly guy who I don't hesitate to recommend.

in Toronto
in Toronto

Install Dishwasher and Kitchen Tap

I have called Gus at City Plumbing quite a few times over the last 15 years. Each time I am surprised how quickly he answers the phone and then responds within a day or two. Installing my dishwasher wasn't straight forward but using his problem solving skills he got the job done efficiently even explaining the problem to me. Clean up included breaking down the box for recycling, and taking the old dishwasher to the curb which I appreciated. Costs are very reasonable for the significant amount of time needed to do both tasks. Before leaving Gus checked that the tap and the dishwasher were working properly and that there were no leaks.

Aspasia Dassios from Old Toronto
Aspasia Dassios from Old Toronto

Snaking Sanitary and Storm Drains

Gus has been snaking my clay pipe storm and sanitary drains for eight years now. I have two trees on the lot that keep sending roots into the old, clay pipes. Gus responds immediately to calls/texts and arrives even on weekends for emergencies. He has two types of snakes (with horseshoe cutters, too) that clear out all the roots and problems. He is clean, efficient and has critical thinking skills to analyse and diagnose the situation. He has also changed faucets and repaired other plumbing issues for four family members. Trustworthy and professional.

Clogge drain cleared

Called Gus and set an appointment for next day (as soon as he could free up time). Water was backing up in the kitchen sink from use of the upstairs tub and sink. Gus showed up promptly and got straight to work diagnosing and fixing the problem. The cause was a poorly executed fix by a long gone handyman. He addressed and fixed the problem including a couple of related matters in a timely manner. Polite, knowledgeable and effective. Gus was clearly in demand as he fielded calls while focusing on and addressing my issue. I would use him again.

John in Reverside in Old Toronto
John in Reverside in Old Toronto

Correcting bad drains

We called Gus - our long-time plumber - to unblock our kitchen sink drains. He came to the rescue immediately like a good caring neighbour. He knows what's wrong and how to fix all plumbing situations. He did an excellent job including making necessary adjustments to our existing plumbing to facilitate better drainage.. While he was here we asked him to snake our clay wastewater sewer pipe to prevent potential sewer backup problems and did it well. In the past he recommenced us a home improvement contractor who proved excellent. If you need a plumber, we recommend Gus without reservation.

Pipes-Hose line

Gus was referred to me by a friend & I was very thankful for that. He was friendly, helpful & reliable. I had issues with my hose line & even though the pipes were in a tight & awkward area, he got the job done. I would highly recommend him.

Moe in Mississauga
Moe in Mississauga

Leaking water faucet

We had a leaking water faucet in the bathroom which was too seized for a DIY person. I called Gus and he was punctual and finished the job in no time.

Anita in Old Toronto
Anita in Old Toronto

general plumbing

Gus has been coming to my house for almost 30 years. He always tries to fit me in that day, or the next, depending on the emergency of the situation. He is highly competent, friendly, and helpful with advice. Their prices are always reasonable. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Maria K in Old Toronto
Maria K in Old Toronto

Remove P Trap and Install 2 Cleanouts

Gus was prompt and friendly. He immediately diagnosed the reason for the water leakage problem in the basement. He provided a temporary fix to unplug the pipe that was full of water. His crew came out within a week and completed the larger repair.

More about City Plumbing & Drains

Blocked drains. Leaky faucets. Overflowing toilets. These can be upsetting situations for any home owner or place of business to deal with. City Plumbing is here to solve your plumbing problems, providing the best possible services and products for the best possible price.
Looking for Plumbing pros in East York?