Chouinard Bros Roofing

Bryan in Aurora
Bryan in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

New roof

The sales staff was great to deal with. When issues arose during the install the office staff was great to deal with. Would use them again! I think that it is a company with the customers interest in mind.

Online Helen
Online Helen
1 review Newmarket, ON

roofing

Great company to deal with. Did the job when they said and finished in a timely manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Chouinard.
Michelle is excellent to deal with.

Mitchell in Unionville
Mitchell in Unionville
2 reviews ,

roof

I contacted the insurance company about possible hail stone damage to my roof this past summer.The insurance company selected Chouinard Bros to do the job in early November '08.Often they did not call to confirm a date or communicate.When the roof was done,
they had ripped out one of my extension downspouts and pushed it back in place.The main flashing,facing the street, had been warped and pushed back in place - it no longer laid flat against the new shingles.They showed no interest in following up the job by communicating with the customer.They only called when I complained to the insurance company.

KT in Etobicoke
KT in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

roof and aluminum

Chouinard isn't terrible, nor is it great, but trying to figure out who is directing traffic is impossible.

The shingle guys don't know the flat roof guys who don't know the aluminum guys. None of them work together. The result is a roof that is ok, but a little on the patchy side.

When the job was complete, lots of little things were left undone. As other reviews have stated, getting these last few items serviced is like pulling teeth.

wellred, North Toronto
wellred, North Toronto

We had a new roof installed in January

Initially Peter was impressive with his presentation and we contacted his boss to share this with her. However, during the work he was on vacation, a couple of things weren't organized such as the box arrival and then, the box was placed in a way that the workers couldn't drop off the shingles, so time was wasted. The roofers, foreman were fine, but later in that month a gentleman from the company came out to assess for instance our concern with the crooked eaves on the side of the garage which wasn't so, and the downspout in front of the house wasn't anchored so it swung freely. Later, we noted that the eaves weren't cleaned out with the debris from the work. This gentleman said he'd be sending people out in the Spring. He felt the Spring was a good time to try and staighten out the eaves on the side of the garage. When we didn't hear back from this Company in the late Spring we contacted Peter, who did come out. Unfortunately, he agreed with the eaves being left unclean, but not the crooked garage eave, he instead ridiculed this garage as being not in good shape in the first place, but the roof was done nicely. A neighbour overheard this man and his dramatics, which were actually offensive, why didn't he tell us how he felt about the garage before we paid for a new roof, hmmm? He seemed very different than when he came out to quote the work. Later that day he called me personally attacking my expectations and stating he had pics too. I have a video clip of wood that was on the trim and has been gone since the work, and offered to show him when he came by but he stated " I believe you, no need to show me" but now he was very rude to say the least,it seemed he just went off on some bizarre rampage. We have tried to contact Cathy, but no call backs still and it's been months. We have had a death in the family, and haven't had the energy to pursue our concerns. I just don't get them!

Michele, East York
Michele, East York

New Roofing.

They did some roofing work for me spring of 2006. Their price was very competitive, showed up on time, and a job well done. I have recommended to all of my friends.

Barbara from Richmond Hill
Barbara from Richmond Hill

Replacement of eavestrough, soffit and fascia

Chouinard Bros. did an exceptional job replacing my eavestrough, soffit and fascia. The job was done quickly, cleanly and was reasonably priced. Of the five companies I called, they were one of only two that actually showed up to provide an estimate not only was their price the lowest, but they provided a sample deck to assist us in choosing a color and gave us an extensive list of references. I would not hesitate to recommend George and his crew!

Sue from Pickering
Sue from Pickering
2.5/10

Roof re-shingled

Weeks after the roof was re-shingled, the first wind storm took off shingles.
They tried to charge $100 to replace them.
A call to the office to complain was so rudely handled.......the office is staffed by the owners !!!!

Stan from Toronto
Stan from Toronto
2.5/10

Roof

Didn't show up on the correct day. Used electricity from the neighbour's house - in fact from the neighbour's on both sides of my house. Left the backyard in a shambles...chairs, tables moved everywhere and not put back. These are heavy for me to put back in the right place. The back gate was left open so that anyone could walk in my back yard and take bbq, bike... Left shingles in the trees.

Linda from Willowdale
Linda from Willowdale

roof replacement

Very knowledgable staff to provide advice on what was needed - special problem with squirrel damage. The work was done as scheduled and as per the quote provided initially. The crew cleaned up very well. We are very happy with the work.

More about Chouinard Bros Roofing

Provide the best Installation & Service experience to a discerning group of Homeowners & Businesses requiring property improvement solutions including Repair / Replacement of Roofing, Siding and Aluminum for Residential / Commercial properties.