T. Simpson Roofing Ltd.

Newmarket ON
T. Simpson Roofing Ltd.

Reviews for T. Simpson Roofing Ltd.

Jay Marsden in Newmarket
Jay Marsden in Newmarket

New roof project replacing roof shingles

Wanted to write about my experience with T.Simpson Roofing. I was very impressed from the start. I had several quotes in for my roofing project but T.Simpson roofing was by far the best. For my quote they showed up on time, gave really good recommendations on work, and were competitive. I was blown away with install. The materials used and work completed were excellent. I was home for entire install and was there to review the care that they put into their work. Not only did they do a great job on my install, they cleaned up as if they were never there. I am extremely happy with project completion and recommend T. Simpson for any roofing needs. Great job guys!

Hi Jay, thanks for the wonderful review! We're thrilled that you're happy with everything. It was a pleasure working for you!

Roof replacement

Had the roof replaced in 2005. 40 Year shingles with 140KMH wind protection. Have had to have 4 different areas fixed over the past 13 years and now need to replace roof. Insurance adjuster was shocked at poor install quality. Shingle warranty requires 4-6 nails per. In some cases the shingles had 1 or 2 nails at the top of the shingles, so shingles lifted very easily. The quality of the install crew is critical. Next door neighbor ( same house design) had his done 18 years ago and not a single problem.

Hi there,
Please call our office as we would like to discuss these concerns, 905-830-3664. Thank-you.

Matt R in Newmarket
Matt R in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Replace Eavestrough

The crew did a fantastic job. They showed up exactly when they said they would, and made sure they left everything clean and neat. Everyone from Gary the sales representative, to the ladies in the office we extremely professional and friendly. I will certainly hire them again in the future and would not hesitate recommending them.

Hi Matt,
Thanks so much! So glad everything went well and you're happy with the work!

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Roof replacement lousy customer service and quality of work

I had my new roof completed Fall of 2016. At the time I had a cupola installed on my roof. When the contractors attended they removed the cupola and I had requested they reinstall my new one in the spring when it was going to be ready. The contractors advised me that wouldn't be a problem. When moving the cupola to the garage, the contractors damaged the top of the weather vane on my garage door breaking it.

In March of 2017 I called the company and asked about the install of the cupola. I was advised they'd get back to me.

April 28th, 2017 I emailed the company asking once again about the install of my cupola with no response.

Sept 4th, 2017 - I emailed again asking about the installation of my cupola. I advised I had been patient over the summer knowing that it had been terrible weather and a very busy season to try and work with, but would appreciate some follow up. I advised the cost of replacing my new weather vane was $294.99 and sent a picture of the damaged weather van as well the receipt of the new one.

Sept 20th, 2017 - still no response from the company.

Oct 11th, 2017- I had to hire another contractor to install my cupola and weather vane, only to hear of the unfinished work that was done to my roof.
To confirm my concerns I had another contractor attend my residence yesterday. I was advised again more issues. They are as such.

- The shingles are not installed in a straight line along the front part of the house which looks terrible not only from the ground, but more so from the roof.

- The drip edge and the shingles above the front entrance cover all but approximately 1 inch of the eaves trough so the water can't get into the drain properly.

- There is no flashing in the valley giving the snow and ice something to hang onto and creates a dam for improper drainage.

- There is no drip edge on the left side of the garage, the shingles have not been trimmed and are hanging in the eaves trough.

Oct 13th, 2017 - email back from one of the owners surprised by my frustration. I was advised that the staff offered to return as good will. He felt there were no issues with the roof according the the photos I sent, and mentioned they had a busy summer with dealing with weather issues.

Oct 18th, 2017 - I emailed back advising at no point had there been any communication from the company about having someone attend for the installation of the cupola. I acknowledged his comments about it being a difficult summer for roofing, hence why I waited so long to ask again for the install. I once again explained my issues with the roof.

Oct 19th, 2017 I was advised someone will be attending.

Oct 20th, 2017. One of the owners attended and confirmed there was no flashing installed on one side of the roof and the shingles needed trimming along one side because they were touching the eaves trough. I asked again about some compensation if they'd cover part of the cost of the weather vane due to the issues. I was advised they'd get back to me.

Nov 10th, 2017 - I emailed the owner thanking him for his attendance and fixing the issues, requested feed back about the weather vane.

Nov 11th, 2017 - Owner emailed back advising the old weather vane was in too poor of condition and the cost of the new weather vane was unreasonable. They will not compensate the cost. This was the last communication with the company.

They claim to have great ability and quality, but clearly that is not the case. I'll be closely monitoring the wear of my roof and watching for further issues.

Hi Angela,
We scheduled a service visit appointment promptly upon hearing of concerns with our installation, and made corrections as required, because we stand behind our workmanship warranty. As you are aware, we had no problem replacing your weather vane with one of similar value, which we felt was a reasonable compromise considering the existing one was very old. We're sorry we were not able to come to an agreement on this point.

MDF1 in Newmarket
MDF1 in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Windows

Needed a window size changed for a new kitchen install. The estimate was quick and accurate. The team was able to match the window to the rest of house perfectly. Install was prompt, quick and clean. You can tell T.Simpson does huge jobs, but we’re also willing to make sure a small one was quality and affordable. We will use them again for any window, door or roofing needs.

Thank-you for the kind feedback! So happy we could help!

Marian
Marian
3 reviews Thornhill, ON

Oct 2017 - Roof replacement and eavestraughs - very professional company

I have extensively researched the roofing companies in GTA and invited a few of them to come visit and quote for the project. I wanted to get my old roof replaced along with a skylight and the eavestroughs.
T. Simpson was one of them; I scheduled a meeting with one of their sales representatives. Gary was very punctual and very professional. He addressed all my concerns and answered all my questions in a professional and knowledgeable way. Once the contract was signed I was put on schedule and a few days prior I received an email announcing me how to prepare for the day the crew was working at my house. I thought that was very good because I never thought of a few things they mentioned there (covering A/C-s, removing BBQ from around the house, leaving the driveway empty for the scrap bin, etc…)

The work crew arrived on time, they were all extremely polite, and seemed to work non-stop. Even if my house is not that big, the company sent quite a large crew that finished the job very fast. I want to thank Matt for his leadership, everybody was very thorough and knew exactly what they were supposed to do.

After two or three weeks we had the same company installing the eavestroughs. Corey was at our house with his “Aluminum” crew and again they showed professionalism and courtesy.

A special thank you for the office staff that coordinated everything from start to finish and made sure that all the aspects are covered to our satisfaction.

Everything went very smooth and fast. The clean up after installation was thorough. It was a painless process from start to finish. Now we can enjoy the piece of mind knowing that we’ve made the perfect choices regarding the roofing products we have ordered and got them installed by the best in the business.

I would not hesitate to recommend this amazing company to anyone, thanks again for the job well done!

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience- we're thrilled that you're happy! It was a pleasure working with you!

Katherine in Barrie
Katherine in Barrie
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Excellent Roofing Job

Really impressed by the quality of our roof job. Crew was very efficient and courteous. Attention to detail and a thorough cleanup. Consultation was friendly and professional. Quote was no nonsense and accurate. Would highly recommend these guys!

Thank-you! So glad to hear that all went well!

Marion in Aurora
Marion in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Aluminum Work

I need the exterior aluminum replaced on my 40 year old home. The crew did an exceptional job with great attention to detail, particularly on my third floor bay window. Eve the garage door was clad - worth every penny. They were on time and worked late until the job was done. They didn't cut corners when some rotten wood needed replacing. Great work Adam's Team!

Hi Marion,
Thank-you for the kind review. It was so nice working with you and we're so glad that you're happy with the work!

Tatiana in
Tatiana in
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

roof, windows and eavestrough

We hired this company after a hail storm in our area . Job was done in time and with the highest quality. All three crews acted very professional . We will hire them again any time we need something done.

Thank-you so much for the positive feedback! We enjoyed working with you!

More about T. Simpson Roofing Ltd.

With offices in Barrie and Newmarket, T. Simpson Roofing is a family-owned and -operated company with over 25 years of experience. Our extensive roofing knowledge, combined with honest customer service interactions, has solidified our position among the best roofing companies in the industry.

Our commitment to delivering top-quality work, using only the finest materials, has also secured our status as Master Elite™ Contractors—an exclusive industry designation held by only 3% of North American roofing contractors.