Chouinard Bros Roofing

Reviews for Chouinard Bros Roofing

Mike in Troy
Mike in Troy

Roofing Repair - Avoid This Company

This company does not stand by their work; Paid over $13K for a completely new roof 7 years ago; After the recent windstorm called several times to fix two loose shingles; Never received a response, so we had someone fix the two loose shingles in the short term as we waited for a response. Once we did hear back, we requested a broader inspection of the roof given the wind storm, and they outright refused saying 'they do not inspect other's work'. Took no responsibility despite their high install price. Would never recommend them.

guy in Oakville
guy in Oakville

Wind storm damages

The roof of my house was damaged during the last wind storm, resulting in 3 large areas where the shingles were missing and the plywood was exposed. On a recommendation from a neighbor (whose roof was in worst shape than mine), I called Chouinard Bros the next morning, and as expected had to leave a voicemail. What was unexpected however was how quickly afterwards Glenn T contacted me to let me know that one of their crew would be over the next day to repair the roof. They showed up on time, were pleasant, professional, and cleaned up before they left. I would have no hesitation recommending them to friends and family, and will no doubt call on them when I need a new roof. Thanks.

1 review Barrie, ON

Will not recommend

Our roof was re shingled by Chouinard Bros. 11 years ago. After this last rain storm in May 2018, we had, like others in this group, several shingles blow off our roof and several spots of plywood exposed. Interestingly, any of my friends who had their roofs done by them had missing shingles - coincidence? I called and emailed this company to come out and patch up the areas on our roof. No call back; no response = very poor customer service. I had another roofer come out to patch up the areas and was told that there was no underlayment under the shingles. The underlayment was only in the valleys (he took photos to show me). Will I recommend Chouinard Bros..... never.

I will never recommend this company to anyone and so sorry we had our shingles done by them 11 years ago.

Neoim in Aurora
Neoim in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Roof Repare

4 years ago they put in a new roof. The product had a 25 year guareentee I payed more because of this company’s reputation service and quality. I had to pay to repair ,because high winds caused the damage. Some shingles were sticking up and had not blown away

They replaced a few shingles and were at my place for 30 minutes. 400 bucks for 30 minutes work is basically taking advantage of the term act of god and is ripping off their customers.
I guess a drop of rain a flake of snow or a gust of wind is an excuse to take advantage of so called guareentees.

BruOne in Etobicoke
BruOne in Etobicoke

Best responsiveness, service and professionalism ever!

WOW... we got hit with the wind storm last Friday night and several of our shingles blew away. No sooner had a placed a call that it got answered and a representative immediately forwarded my dire situation into the Service Department. You can just imagine the overwhelming number of calls into Chouinard Bros Roofing that night and the next day. Argh!

The short of it is... we got a personal call from another representative who was completely empathic to my plight and a promise that any repair would be looked after asap. It happened... a crew came out to undertake the repairs and they were quick, professional and completely cleaned up after themselves. They took before and after photo's and let us know every step of the way what they were up to.

I can't praise the entire staff enough on how great they all were in dealing with us!!!

New shingles and flashing and turbines

The only reason that I chose Chouinard to replace the shingles and flashing is due to the fact that none of the other companies returned my calls.

I was extremely disappointed in the lack of clean up for the work that was performed. All of the debris and nails were literally swept into the gutters of the lower apex above the garage. The flashing was not replaced and the old flashing left a good inch above any shingles thus allowing rain to enter the garage.

One of the turbines that they had installed was put in improperly as one of my neighbors had discovered upon viewing the disastrous workmanship.

I was also oversold five bundles of shingles of which I incurred the cost.
When I called to let them know that the flashing was not replaced I was asked if that was in the contract. DON'T THEY READ THE DAMN CONTRACT BEFORE COMMENCING A JOB!!!

A word of advice.....NEVER hire Chouinard Bros to carry out any type of repair or replacement of roofing material, you will only pay good money for a poorly carried out service that will only leave you feeling stressed and ripped-off.

Debra from Pickering
Debra from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Roof Replacement

When we called Chouinard Bros., Scott Goldie came right away to give us an estimate on a new roof, and was extremely helpful, polite and friendly - very responsive to our many emails - sometimes in literally just one minute. We were very impressed with him. The crew were also really nice and did meticulous work. They cleaned up constantly, doing a complete clean up each night. When they finished, you would not have known they had even been there, except that the roof now looked fantastic. We would not hesitate to use them again, or recommend them. They were all outstanding. Thanks again for a great job.

Thank you very much Debra for your endorsement
GlennT

Claudio in Etobicoke
Claudio in Etobicoke

Great work done for a very difficult job ! A+++++ Service

I would like to thank you for the great job done by the 2 teams you sent to the site,
they were very professional, courteous and worked really hard, fast and clean.
Please thank Nick and Shpend for the great job working and also managing this difficult job,
and please let their supervisors know that we are very happy with the result.

Claudio Stanciu

Thank you very much Claudio for your review
GlennT

MikeCa in Brampton
MikeCa in Brampton

Great Job on Aluminum work!

Bill from Chouinard Bros did a great job on our specialized Aluminum work. It was a complicated job with a lot of precision work and was the final job that needed to be completed after our Mansard Roof was recovered with new shingles.

If you need a new shingles on your roof, or aluminum work done, I recommend you get in touch with Scott Goldie at Chouinard!

Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate it.

Joanie4 in Toronto
Joanie4 in Toronto

New House and Garage Roof Project

Great service, great product and great price! Rarely do you get all three of these things in one project, but we did with Scott Goldie and Chouinard Bros. They were on time and on target with all aspects of getting our new roof completed, from the quote to doing the work and the clean job site. Highly recommend theses guys!! Thanks for all your help!!

Thank you very much for the feedback, we appreciate your business
Michelle

More about Chouinard Bros Roofing

Provide the best Installation & Service experience to a discerning group of Homeowners & Businesses requiring property improvement solutions including Repair / Replacement of Roofing, Siding and Aluminum for Residential / Commercial properties