Chouinard Bros Roofing

194 Earl Stewart Drive Aurora ON L4G 7P4
Chouinard Bros Roofing

Reviews for Chouinard Bros Roofing

Roofing, insulation and gutters

The service and work provided by Derry and the staff of Chouinard Bros. for my home was for me the best. Everyone was very professional, responsive and extremely helpful. I felt as if I was family. Thank you.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for the kind words. Our team here at Chouinard Bros. works very hard to make every customer's experience special.

suzyq
suzyq

Flat roof replacement

Excellent workmanship, proud of their work, very friendly and courteous.
Made sure we the clients were satisfied.

Hi Suzy,
We are so glad that you are satisfied with your experience with Chouinard Bros!

markseinfeld
markseinfeld

Innstallation of New Roof

Chouinard Bros. Roofing provided a new roof in 2008 with follow up inspections since. The installation was very professional with no issues. Service was excellent in all respects. Chouinard Bros Roofing are my roofers for life with the highest recommendation.

Hi Mark, thanks so much for this! We are very happy that you have been so satisfied with our work for such an extended period of time and we look forward to continuing to assist you with your roofing needs in the future.

S in Marlham
S in Marlham

Shoddy

Friendly very young repairman hired to replace shingles on 2 areas of the roof. Wasted a VC day as he first came with the wrong shingle colour. The next time, the work was completed and looked ok. They did not last though. After a couple of years, they started to peel again in the same areas. Now need entire roof redone, but will use another company.

Hello, we are sorry that your experience was not what you expected. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please call our office so we can help come to a resolution.

#notthiscompany in Beeton
#notthiscompany in Beeton
1 review Kettleby, ON

Stay Away

Since I can't respond to the companies response. I deleted my comment to edit it. I enjoy how the company wrote the response after they sent an investigator, to show what they did. I will say it was appreciated, and the call from the GM and the new inspector are more personable than the previous ppl. That being said... your company was the one who recommended the shingles I got! I also lost singles 8 months after I got the roof, and the winds were not over even 80km/h. Which the company charged me 250 to fix. after the 1st inspector came you did not try to help me submiy a claim, i got a 1 page letter saying it's the owners prerogative to submit a claim. I could attach that letter if people want to see. Also, sending the 2nd investigator (new professional one) after I wrote my last review, what am I going to go?? put a claim through the supplier and get a voucher for the same garbage singles, which the GM did say they were not good and they dont use them anymore. Then I will have to pay someone to put the crap shingles back on? Also... i will update my last comment, as the new inspector said I have 5 years left for this roof.. so my roof will last me 10 years max. It's unfortunate that the previous GM and staff along with inspector was unprofessional and don't stand by their work. Now this is something the new people can deal with. I have attached the photograph from the couple shingles that came off 8 months after installed, along with the approx 50 to 60 shingles that came off in May 2018.

Hi there, I’m sorry that you were disappointed by your experience. The wind storms in April and May were unprecedented and caused damage throughout Ontario. The reality is that 3-tab shingles are rated for winds up to 95-110kph and the wind storms had measured sustained gusts of up to 100km/h. This does not account for higher winds that are experienced in the wind tunnels that are created between homes, up valleys or between dormers, or up a roof slope if a house is positioned near an open field.
While we can appreciate how frustrating it is to lose shingles, we did send out our Inspector and confirmed the shingles did not have an installation issue. Chouinard Bros. did offer to help facilitate a warranty claim with the manufacturer (we cannot initiate a claim - it must come from the homeowner). Chouinard's sent out another Inspector after your first post, to ensure that the repairs you had carried out by a third party where done to correct standards. (We even sealed down the third party's repair to try and help prevent further damage.) This does not mean that we do not appreciate how frustrating your experience was and hope that by educating you with proper warranty procedures we have helped you better understand the process.

Sophia
Sophia

Vinyl siding

We needed to get a house resided but are living out of town. The office was amazing to work with along with the contractor. They were on constant communication. We were never left out of the loop. We put a lot of trust not being in town at the time and they did and excellent job in a timely matter. Would use them again and recommend.

Hi Sophia, thanks so much for this! Having been in business for over 45 years, we are proud of the great team we have built. Communication is key in any project and we are very glad that you put your trust in Chouinard Bros.

sharon_gabison
sharon_gabison

Installation of siding over bay window

I called several roofing companies to help me with the siding that was badly needed over my window. From the moment I called, I received excellent customer service. I was connected with Adam who was very patient and explained the work recommend. The work was completed professionally, nicely finished and at a cost less than quoted by other companies. Chouinard is a reliable company with great workmanship. I will be replacing my roof in the summer and I will be calling them. They are highly recommended. I would give them 10 stars if I could. Thanks Adam and the staff at Chouinard!

Hi Sharon, we are so glad that we were able to provide you with a great experience. We always try our best to provide the best customer service to all of our customers and are happy to hear that we succeeded with your siding project. When you need to replace your roof in the summer, I have every confidence that you will receive the same great service again.

Hershel
Hershel

New Roof

Absolutely professional work staff. Incredible sales team and the quality is second to none. Is it any wonder that when we were renovating that others in our neighborhood took notice and called Chouinard! This summer our street was filled with their bins to dispose of the old roofs for a Chouinard.

Hi Hershel, I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the excellent quality and customer service that Chouinard Bros is known for. These high standards have allowed us to build a reputation within the industry and develop a strong company that has been in business for over 45 years. Because of this, we were more than happy and ready to provide the same great service to your neighbour’s when they reached out to us.

Penn in Toronto
Penn in Toronto

Work looks good but hidden work was shoddy

Old roof shingles removed and paid for ice barrier for the first 3 feet along edge. Paid for felt underlayer to protect plywood before shingles are laid dpwn. Was very pleased that job was done quickly before I came home for dinner. Was so impressed that I recommended Choinard and got them to also do my windows.

Wind storm this 2018 - blew off the shingles. Discovered that Choinard only put felt paper down on the first 3 feet. No ice barrier and underlayer was not found under other parts of the upper roof. OY!!! Not cool !!!

Plywood on upper roof has been damaged/rotted by water getting past the shingles over the years. Have to replace the entire roof now and start from scratch.

Any happy customers are probably not aware of these shortcuts/deficiencies Chouinard crews have been pulling. If it was not for the wind storm - I never would have known until the next roof job.

Hi Penn, we are sorry that your experience was not what you expected. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please call our office so we can help come to a resolution.

Susan
Susan
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Roofing and aluminum work

I have used Chouinard for my roofing in the past. They again did and excellent job on mt shingles and an outstanding job on the aluminum work! Chevy from chouinard and Bill from the aluminum project are amazing. The quality, workmanship and final reaults are second to none!
I highly recommend Chouinard roofing!

Hi Susan, we are so grateful for customers like you. Homeowners who recognize our high quality work and customer service and who keep coming back are the very foundation of our business and are very much appreciated.

More about Chouinard Bros Roofing

Provide the best Installation & Service experience to a discerning group of Homeowners & Businesses requiring property improvement solutions including Repair / Replacement of Roofing, Siding and Aluminum for Residential / Commercial properties.