Chouinard Bros Roofing

Reviews for Chouinard Bros Roofing

Grace Vitols from Toronto
Grace Vitols from Toronto

Highly Recommend

We are very happy with the excellent job Nick and his crew did on the re-shingling of our roof after the wind damage in May 2018. Their professionalism and work ethics were outstanding. Even while working hard and long hours in the hot sun, they were still pleasant and willing to listen to any concerns we had. In the evening and upon completion of the job, everything was totally cleared and cleaned up. Our roof looks great and we highly recommend Chouinard Bros. Great Job Nick and Crew!

Hi Grace, thank you very much for taking the time to recognize the great work of Nick and his crew. The wind storms in May meant a lot of long hours for our roofers and we are very proud of their dedication to maintaining the high standards Chouinard Bros believes in.

Mike in Troy
Mike in Troy

Roofing Repair - Avoid This Company

This company does not stand by their work; Paid over $13K for a completely new roof 7 years ago; After the recent windstorm called several times to fix two loose shingles; Never received a response, so we had someone fix the two loose shingles in the short term as we waited for a response. Once we did hear back, we requested a broader inspection of the roof given the wind storm, and they outright refused saying 'they do not inspect other's work'. Took no responsibility despite their high install price. Would never recommend them.

Hi Mike, we are sorry for your experience. The back-to-back wind storms that were experienced in April and May generated thousands of calls to come in to our company. We did our best to reach out to all of our customers as soon as we could but unfortunately some people did have to wait longer than others. However, we do always want our customers to have a good experience so please reach out to our office so we can discuss this further.

guy in Oakville
guy in Oakville

Wind storm damages

The roof of my house was damaged during the last wind storm, resulting in 3 large areas where the shingles were missing and the plywood was exposed. On a recommendation from a neighbor (whose roof was in worst shape than mine), I called Chouinard Bros the next morning, and as expected had to leave a voicemail. What was unexpected however was how quickly afterwards Glenn T contacted me to let me know that one of their crew would be over the next day to repair the roof. They showed up on time, were pleasant, professional, and cleaned up before they left. I would have no hesitation recommending them to friends and family, and will no doubt call on them when I need a new roof. Thanks.

Hi Guy, thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experience. For over 45 years, Chouinard Bros. has been helping homeowners take care of their roofs. The 2018 wind storms resulted in unprecedented damage to roofs throughout the GTA and we are proud of our participation in helping our customers restore their homes back to normal.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Will not recommend

Our roof was re shingled by Chouinard Bros. 11 years ago. After this last rain storm in May 2018, we had, like others in this group, several shingles blow off our roof and several spots of plywood exposed. Interestingly, any of my friends who had their roofs done by them had missing shingles - coincidence? I called and emailed this company to come out and patch up the areas on our roof. No call back; no response = very poor customer service. I had another roofer come out to patch up the areas and was told that there was no underlayment under the shingles. The underlayment was only in the valleys (he took photos to show me). Will I recommend Chouinard Bros..... never.

I will never recommend this company to anyone and so sorry we had our shingles done by them 11 years ago.

Hi there, I’m sorry that you were disappointed by your experience. The wind storms in April and May were unprecedented and caused damage throughout Ontario. The reality is that 3-tab shingles are rated for winds up to 95-110kph and the wind storms had measured sustained gusts of up to 100km/h. This does not account for higher winds that are experienced in the wind tunnels that are created between homes, up valleys or between dormers, or up a roof slope if a house is positioned near an open field.
We tried our best to return all of the calls and emails that we received but in the days following each of the storms, we had literally thousands of people contacting us for help with missing shingles, so it took time for us to reach out to everyone. This does not mean that we do not appreciate how frustrating your experience was and would appreciate you contacting our office so we can discuss the situation with you further.

Neoim in Aurora
Neoim in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Roof Repare

4 years ago they put in a new roof. The product had a 25 year guareentee I payed more because of this company’s reputation service and quality. I had to pay to repair ,because high winds caused the damage. Some shingles were sticking up and had not blown away

They replaced a few shingles and were at my place for 30 minutes. 400 bucks for 30 minutes work is basically taking advantage of the term act of god and is ripping off their customers.
I guess a drop of rain a flake of snow or a gust of wind is an excuse to take advantage of so called guareentees.

Hi Neoim, we are sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience with Chouinard Bros. All of our roofs come with a comprehensive guarantee, but I am not aware of any roofing company that includes coverage of wind damage because no matter how good we install the roof, Acts of God/Nature can still occur. 3-tab shingles are rated for winds up to 95-110kph and the wind storms had measured sustained gusts up to 100km/h. And there wasn’t just one wind storm but multiple storms in April and May which were able to loosen otherwise perfectly good shingles. If you would like to understand your warranty better, please feel free to call our office to discuss it in more detail.

BruOne in Etobicoke
BruOne in Etobicoke

Best responsiveness, service and professionalism ever!

WOW... we got hit with the wind storm last Friday night and several of our shingles blew away. No sooner had a placed a call that it got answered and a representative immediately forwarded my dire situation into the Service Department. You can just imagine the overwhelming number of calls into Chouinard Bros Roofing that night and the next day. Argh!

The short of it is... we got a personal call from another representative who was completely empathic to my plight and a promise that any repair would be looked after asap. It happened... a crew came out to undertake the repairs and they were quick, professional and completely cleaned up after themselves. They took before and after photo's and let us know every step of the way what they were up to.

I can't praise the entire staff enough on how great they all were in dealing with us!!!

Hi BruOne, thank you very much for sharing your experience. You are correct that we received a lot of calls after the wind storm and did our very best to respond to all of them as quickly as we could. We understood that everyone needed their roofs repaired as soon as it was possible but it was important to maintain our high quality standards at the same time. I am very glad that you got to experience the very best of Chouinard Bros. and hope you will contact us again for any future roofing needs.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

New shingles and flashing and turbines

The only reason that I chose Chouinard to replace the shingles and flashing is due to the fact that none of the other companies returned my calls.

I was extremely disappointed in the lack of clean up for the work that was performed. All of the debris and nails were literally swept into the gutters of the lower apex above the garage. The flashing was not replaced and the old flashing left a good inch above any shingles thus allowing rain to enter the garage.

One of the turbines that they had installed was put in improperly as one of my neighbors had discovered upon viewing the disastrous workmanship.

I was also oversold five bundles of shingles of which I incurred the cost.
When I called to let them know that the flashing was not replaced I was asked if that was in the contract. DON'T THEY READ THE DAMN CONTRACT BEFORE COMMENCING A JOB!!!

A word of advice.....NEVER hire Chouinard Bros to carry out any type of repair or replacement of roofing material, you will only pay good money for a poorly carried out service that will only leave you feeling stressed and ripped-off.

Debra from Pickering
Debra from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Roof Replacement

When we called Chouinard Bros., Scott Goldie came right away to give us an estimate on a new roof, and was extremely helpful, polite and friendly - very responsive to our many emails - sometimes in literally just one minute. We were very impressed with him. The crew were also really nice and did meticulous work. They cleaned up constantly, doing a complete clean up each night. When they finished, you would not have known they had even been there, except that the roof now looked fantastic. We would not hesitate to use them again, or recommend them. They were all outstanding. Thanks again for a great job.

Thank you very much Debra for your endorsement
GlennT

Claudio in Etobicoke
Claudio in Etobicoke

Great work done for a very difficult job ! A+++++ Service

I would like to thank you for the great job done by the 2 teams you sent to the site,
they were very professional, courteous and worked really hard, fast and clean.
Please thank Nick and Shpend for the great job working and also managing this difficult job,
and please let their supervisors know that we are very happy with the result.

Claudio Stanciu

Thank you very much Claudio for your review
GlennT

MikeCa in Brampton
MikeCa in Brampton

Great Job on Aluminum work!

Bill from Chouinard Bros did a great job on our specialized Aluminum work. It was a complicated job with a lot of precision work and was the final job that needed to be completed after our Mansard Roof was recovered with new shingles.

If you need a new shingles on your roof, or aluminum work done, I recommend you get in touch with Scott Goldie at Chouinard!

Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate it.

More about Chouinard Bros Roofing

Provide the best Installation & Service experience to a discerning group of Homeowners & Businesses requiring property improvement solutions including Repair / Replacement of Roofing, Siding and Aluminum for Residential / Commercial properties.