Lastman's Bad Boy Superstore

Nomaan in Cambridge
Nomaan in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Fraudulent Dealings

I purchased appliances worth $11,000. They delivered wrong model and size of cooktop twice. Last time I was tricked since the box said 36 inch although inside it was 30.

terrible service horrible product

terrible service horrible product they were very late with delivery no call to advise and when you call service they tell you to bad i'm not kidding it appears once you buy a product they dont care HORRIBLE SERVICE

Tracy in Stouffville
Tracy in Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Never again.

Deceptive and rude. Bought a floor model tv (one of several items for a sale of well over $2000). Brought home to find two scratches the the screen that just weren’t visible in the store. Returned the very next day (today) and asked to speak to a supervisor and explained to him that we only wanted to exchange the tv. Well he says he’s not authorized to do that and we have to return tomorrow to speak to John. I fully anticipate we will be told that because we had it for two days now we must have caused the scratches. We would have paid more for another tv. Now we will not spend another nickel in this store. If we are dealt with fairly tomorrow I will be shocked. Not sure how it is that a supervisor isn’t authorized to exchange something... sounds like the beginnings of a classic runaround to me. Also, read the fine print everyone! They don’t offer refunds! It’s all there in teeny tiny writing they fail to point out when you are handing over your money. Seems shortsighted to treat people like this... we would have spent more on another tv, and the company would have kept our business going forward. No longer.

T in Old Toronto
T in Old Toronto

Solid Gold Warranty misleads customers

I'm currently experiencing the same issue right now. My sofa is damaged due to peeling. I contacted their service department provided pictures and they claim the 'Solid Gold' warranty doesn't cover it even though th sales person reassured me that it would. Verna from head office called and without trying to help me she straight out told me nothing they can do I should have read the warranty in more detail, they don't cover my soa matrial which makes no sense becuase why would the sales person con me into purchasing this warranty and it doesn't cover anything. I asked for a refund for the amount of $179 that I paid for the warranty since I was misinformed by the sales person. She told me to contact the store. Wow some customer service- this solid gold waraanty misleads customers. I will not stop here. They need to make this right!

Alex from Oakville
Alex from Oakville

Terrible Quality for a Funiture

A Love Seat and Recliner were purchased, after a couple days the love seat tore at the seam. I took pictures and sent them to Badboy and I had to call back twice to get an update. They said it needed to be picked up by the manufacturer and repaired and will take up to two weeks. We bought the five-year warranty which now they tell us this is a warranty by the manufacturer and they all have different timelines for repair. I asked for a replacement but the manufacturer decides this. Just a note at Badboy all sales are final – no refund and the manufacturer dictates repair policy, I will take my business elsewhere and this will be my last purchase at Badboy.

TylerP in Stoney Creek
TylerP in Stoney Creek
1 review Burlington, ON

Buy here if you wish to pay double or triple for it in time wasted

I have bought 2 items off the floor so no special delivery. Just take off the floor and deliver. They have NO SHOWED my first delivery date. They then deliver only half my order on the second and claim the rest of my order is NOT in the system. The amount of lost wages I have incurred due to their negligence has almost exceed the item I bought.

EDIT. I edited the review from 0 to 3/2 since I got the issues resolved on the third attempt. Note, I did not receive any compensation but I finally received what I bought. It was a lot stress and wasted time, but issue is resolved. Rating was based on 1 order only. May change if I opt to give them another chance.

Review has 1 previous version
Nickole in Hamilton
Nickole in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

NEVER AGAIN. RUN AWAY.

#Lastman's Bad Boy:
This review is for you.........
Wow, where do I start.
The sales staff in the store was fantastic. We spend over an hour selecting our new furniture. We decided since we had issues with our last reclining sofa to purchase the extended warranty. The only disappointment is that if you buy in store you pay $65 for delivery. If you order online it's free.

Everything was fine until the product was delivered. As soon as the delivery guys left I tried the sofa - as recommended by the sales staff. And to my surprise one side was not working! I immediately called the customer service number. I was told that they would have their "repair" dept. contact me. 3 days later I heard from Brad. He offers me various dates and times to come out and look at the sofa. ALL appt's are for mid-day weekdays. They don't do evenings or weekends!!!!! So yes I work full time. What do I do now? I now need to arrange to be home or have someone home. Neither are free.
I then wait 3 1/2 weeks for him to arrive. He looks at the sofa and yes, the reclining mechanism needs replaced. He will order the part and call when it is ready to install.
You guessed it - 2 weeks later he calls to book another time. And you guessed it again, no evening or weekends. So here goes another attempt to get someone home for them to fix a sofa that was delivered broken. I have to wait again! 3 weeks for a spot. This appt. has not yet occurred, and I am not sure at this time if this hassle will be over.
I am upset enough to email customer service 3 times during this process, with NO reply. NONE. Not one person there has reached out to offer an apology or anything.
So between when i bought my sofa and it was delivered a took a friend to buy a new sofa from the same place. She too has had nothing but issues. Delivery guys damaged her door and refuse to take ownership, leaving her to cover the cost of repair!.
As far as the actual sofa goes, it lacks in several ways, but most noticeable is that in many places the stuffing is so thin that the wood digs in. The actual seat and backrest are the only well padded spots. The foot rest and are rests are essentially just covered in cloth.

So you know they say the best advertising is word of mouth. Well guess what, I plan to use that.
Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY from them. Pay a few extra dollars and Shop elsewhere.

BadBoyFurnitureIsTheWorst in Scarborough
BadBoyFurnitureIsTheWorst in Scarborough

Couches

I bought couches from bad boy furniture 2 years ago. The couches had a 5 years warranty on it. I paid for the warranty. I was told that if there was any issue with the couches, that they would honour the warranty. It has only been 2 years. The love foot rest on the love seat has fallen off, and the leather on the sofa is peeling. I called them and send them pictures. The refused to honour the warranty or do anything about it. I was told by the salesman, that the warranty I paid for, covers all the damages.
The customer service people are so rude. They hung up on me, when I ask for the manager’s name.
Now they are telling me that the warranty does not cover the peeling leather. That is not what the salesman told me. He said it covered everything under 5 years. It has only been two years. They then said that they would come in and fix the broken love seat. Not replace, but fix. As for the sofa, they claim they can’t do anything. The salesman told me that the 5 year warranty covers everything. Now they are telling me it doesn’t.
I called back and asked to speak to a manager whom, I can speak to and lodge a complaint. They refused to give me a name or contact for the store manager. First I was told, that the manager is only available during weekdays, then I was told that the manager isn’t there at all.
I decided to take this to small claims court. I called them because I need a name to fill out on the forms for the court. They refuse to give me a name. I am having so much stress and anxiety dealing with bad boy.
I bought couches with a 5 year warranty that is falling apart in only 2 years. I PAID for the warranty and they refuse to do anything. They won’t even give me the name of the necessary person, I need to fill out court documents.

Canadiangirl2006 in Burlington
Canadiangirl2006 in Burlington

furniture delivery

had an excellent delivery service from Neil and Masimba on Team Dr 20.
they were courteous, fast and efficient. very smooth delivery! very happy with my couch, would go back again.

shruti in Toronto
shruti in Toronto

Worst Customer Service Ever

Hi, My name is Mohit. We had such a terrible experience with Bad Boys, we are never going to recommend this to anyone to get the furniture. They are truly unprofessional and least interested in catering the customer's issues. We are trying to get ours issues resolved since 4 months now but to no avail.
There are 2 issues going on –
1. We bought a house and our old landlady sold us the dining table and sofa set and told us its still in warranty and I paid for it. She told us we can use the warranty if we come across any issues and recently we had one of the legs of dining table chair completely broken and our sofa mechanism is not working. We reached out to them in Dec 2017 and they told its still in warranty but we don’t have this piece anymore so we will have to figure out some other way. The person we dealt with was George at Burlington office. Until March we went there each week and they said we will get back tomorrow and so but no one ever got back. Then we told them we will have to file official complaint so a lady Rimpi Sharma called us from Service Dept and after looking at everything she said we don’t have anyone to pick up and don’t worry we will solve this for you and all kind of promises in March 2018. I dropped the chair at the outlet and again after enquiring for more than a month about its status today April 6th, 2018 she says that we cannot fix it because we realized it not on your name, we don’t care if that lady sold you the furniture but on our warranty card its her name so unless she only raises issue we won't look into that and if you want your chair you will have to pick yourself.
We have been for 50 times to their outlet since December 2017 and today she replies back with this. What kind of game are they playing?? If this was the case why didn’t they told us in December 2017 itself and they have not provided any proof which says that.
2. We purchased some new furniture in last November 2017 when there offer of free Las Vegas Trip was going on, its been 5 months now and we have been enquiring each week when can we get that coupon as mine and my wife's both of our birthdays are gone and we planned our vacations and everything and we never got back anything. They are just fooling around, not replying mails or anything. Then after 4 months George, there branch manager asks when the Bad Boys ever gave you this offer. When we showed them the proof on the invoice then again he was like ok I will look into this. Again its more than 2 months.
These people are so unprofessional and provide such a horrible service; I don’t where to approach to get our issues resolved. We have wasted so much time and energy apart from money on these people. Please someone suggest how can we get our issues fixed.
- A Super Frustrated Customer

More about Lastman's Bad Boy Superstore

Leader in promoting furniture, appliances, Mattresses and electronics in Ontario. Nobody beats Bad Boy! The Bad Boy phenomenon began in 1955, when Mel Lastman opened his first Bad Boy store on Weston Road. Mel’s branded message stated that Bad Boy was “the place to shop” because of its great pricing ...