Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Carpet & Rug Retailers
1855 Dundas St. East Mississauga ON L4X 1M1
HomeStars  >  Carpet & Rug Retailers in Mississauga  >  Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Reviews for Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

arnald in hamilton
arnald in hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

BEDROOM

I WAS LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT CARPET, WARMTH, AND A DAMP CONTROL DUE TO BEDROOM WAS IN THE BASEMENT, THEY HELP A LOT ON TYPE AND COST, AND THE COST WAS VERY LOW.THEY WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND CARED FOR YOUR NEEDS.

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Lance in Toronto
Lance in Toronto

Hardwood Flooring Purchase and Install

Great install on hardwood flooring and when I had issue Dave at Alexanian made things right. He cares that the job is done and the customer is happy and I appreciate that.

Lance,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you originally had some issues. I am glad that we had the opportunity to correct them and that have earned your respect and trust. We place a huge emphasis on customer service and satisfaction. Thank you once again for taking the time!

Johnny Boy
Johnny Boy

Installed carpeting

Amazing, just like walking on air. Alexanians did a marvelous job. Do to flooding, we had to have our rugs and linoleum replaced. After many, many delays we finally had the job done. It took them less than a day to complete the entire basement. Pat, our representative was excellent and very patient I might ad. The floor in our basement has never looked nor felt so good. I would recommend them in an instant.

Thank you for your kind review.

Alf Neuman
Alf Neuman
6 reviews London, ON

Carpet and hardwood

This company supplied the carpet and hardwood for our new home. While the maple hardwood is quite beautiful we are currently involved in a dispute with the Alexanian and the builder and the installers. much of the wood has cracked within three months of moving in. it seems the supplier blames the installers and the builder blames the manufacturer. still waiting to find out who will be responsible for replacing floor.

John & Eleanor in Burlington
John & Eleanor in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Installed carpets, Congolium Dura Flooring and Vinyl

We had a small issue with our grouting. After a call to Ken, he fixed it at no charge to us. He came as soon as he heard we were having a problem. Service at this store is incredible. Prices are fair and the workmanship of their installers is superb.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am glad we could correct the problem.

Andy in Burlington
Andy in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

New Carpet for 2nd Floor

We moved into a new home this year. My wife wanted to replace the carpet as it was dated and pink. Not a good colour choice for the rooms of two boys. We didn’t want to go to a big box store. We believed that a strictly flooring store was the way to go. We looked around and decided to go with Alexanian's because of their reputation and longevity in the industry. Our experience at the Burlington Store was great. Our salesman was very helpful. We selected our carpet and waited for installation. The installers were arrived on time. Unfortunately the job wasn’t completed that day, they ran out of carpet. Prior to leaving my wife and I inspected their work. It was well done for the most part. However, there were two stains on the carpet. They were caused by the installers. After trying to clean them they damaged the wool. Another installer was required to attend to finish the job and try to fix the damage the first installers did. He was unable to do so and recommended that the carpet be replaced. We decided on a date and waited. What ended up happening is the installer tore up the damaged carpet in the hall. Rather than replacing it at a previous seam, he cut it and added another seam. A third was added in our master bedroom. A representative from the store was at our house today. He repeated at least 10 times that he had to give us another 26 ft of carpet for the replacement. He also said it in such a way that both my wife and I felt that he was basically saying, “I already done this for you what more do you want, I have to make sure I make a profit". We reiterated that it was his installers that caused the problem in the first place, if they hadn't stained the carpet, he wouldnt be here now. The carpet has a waffle pattern; he explained to us that it is a difficult pattern to align. So his answer to make it work is to add another seam in our master bedroom using the left over carpet from the previous installation. I really do understand the need to keep costs down. However, we paid what we feel is a considerable amount of money for this carpet and installation. I believe the more seams you have the greater likelihood of it separating down the road. Neither my wife nor I are happy with the situation. We are disappointed with what is going on and are questioning our choice of Alexanian. We feel that we will be on the losing end as the carpet will just have more and more seams added and never be fixed to a reasonable expectation. How we lose out because of the damage caused by Alexanian's own installers is beyond me. Some may disagree with me but if the store is not going to turn as big a profit or lose money on a job because their employees damaged product thats too bad. Leaving the customer holding the short end of the stick isnt fair. They did nothing wrong, other than chose that company. I guess the craftsmanship and customer service the Alexanian's built their reputation on isn’t what it used to be.

Rosco
Rosco
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Hardwood floor and tile installation

We used Alexanian's to do our main floor make over
Their installers were top notch, professional and efficient.
The sales people at the Upper James location were great in helping us with our flooring choices.

Thank you for the kind words!

Mare in Eastgate
Mare in Eastgate
3 reviews Stoney Creek, ON

Carpets cleaned

Company rep who answer the phone order was polite and friendly. All my questions were answered the price was fair and reasonable. I made an appointment date and time and their employee was there as agreed. He did an excellent job

Lori in Cambridge
Lori in Cambridge
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

Laminate and ceramic tile

We bought very expensive laminate flooring because of the quality, thickness and warranty associated with but within 4 months it was peeling from the edges.
We called the store and salesman who sold us the product said the manager Nassar would call back. He never did. We called 3x and left messages - no return calls. We then went into the store and confronted the manager. He said someone would come out the following week to look at the floor. Once again, we had to chase down the manager to get him to follow through!
An installer came out and looked at the floor and said he'd never seen anything like it. He said it was a product defect and the product rep needs to come out and see it.

Once again, we had to contact hte store. The manager said he'd come out and take pictures so we booked time off work for the day. The day prior the Manager cancelled - said something came up but gave no explanation. We are still waiting for him to get back to us!

We are considering suing now since we cannot get anyone at Alexanian's to talk to us or back their products! This is the worst experience I've ever had with a 'service' organization. I'm surprised they are in business when they treat people like this. The lack of customer service oriented employees is a disgrace!

We paid more for this laminate than hardwood flooring!

Be careful - they will sell you anything and treat you well but God forbid you have a problem. WATCH OUT TOO they don't take returns if they sell you too much - we learned that the hard way!! They don't tell you when they sell it to you!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would also like to apologize for the two-week delay in responding as well. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your patience. As I understand, Nasser has offered you a full replacement. I also understand that you are looking at hardwood flooring instead. We really appreciate the fact that you are continuing to work with us through this problem. Your business is very important to us! We would love to have the opportunity to earn your business again in the future. Regards, Allan Alexanian

More about Alexanian Carpet & Flooring

Alexanian Carpet and Flooring is a family owned business founded by Aris Alexanian in 1925 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Today, Alexanian Carpet and Flooring has 19 locations in 13 cities throughout Ontario along with our online store. We have serviced every Canadian Province and Territory as well as many US states.

Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Shutters & Blinds, Carpet Installers, and Floor Laying & Refinishing
Hand-Knotted Persian and Oriental Rugs, Machine-Made Area Rugs, Sisal, Seagrass, Custom Rugs, Slate, Ceramic, Marble, Granite, Hardwood, Bamboo, Cork, Laminate, Vinyl, Wall to Wall Carpet, Hunter Douglas Window Coverings.
Professional Services Include: In-Home Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, Area Rug and Oriental Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Rug Binding, Fringing, Repair and Restoration Services, Floor and Tile laying, Carpet Installation, Custom Made Area Rugs, Window Covering Installation, Free Shop At Home Service.
Mannington, Lauzon, Kahrs, Philadelphia, Mohawk, Stainmaster, Masland, Cabin Craft, Fabrica, Shaw, Tuftex, Scotchgard, Wunda Weave, Kathy Ireland, Godfrey Hurst, Teragren, Solida, Columbia, Wilsonart, Dal Tile, Congoleum, Marmoleum, Borealis, Sarana, Twelve Oaks, Nourison, Karastan, Jaipur, Hellenic.
Alexanian's offers all styles, textures and colour variations in our flooring. Ranging from the most traditional through to transitional and contemporary styles, we carry a vast array of rug and flooring choices.
Alexanian's offers unique rugs from around the world, a huge selection of carpet and flooring styles and full service installation. Our impeccable service and customer care is Alexanian's specialty!
1925