**SUMMARY: Delivered cabinets with wrong dimensions and wrong door style; installation took almost 4 months to complete; horrible communication. Would not recommend.**
We hired Royal Classic Kitchen to manufacture and install our kitchen cabinets. The sales process was good, but everything went downhill once they received our deposit. Installation took almost 4 months to complete and was a nightmare:
1) They gave us cabinets with the wrong door style! When we notified them of this huge mistake, they just offered us a 6% discount to accept the product as is!
2) The installers didn’t measure before drilling into the sink cabinet and cut our water pipe. Water spewed all over the floor and cabinets, requiring emergency plumbing repair by our contractor. They didn’t even apologize.
3) When installing a drawer handle, the installers drilled the holes in the wrong place. They tried to patch it, but there were clearly two extra holes in the drawer front.
4) The pantry and range hood cabinet were the wrong dimensions. They agreed to remake them (along with the drawer), but only after we made it clear we would not take no for an answer.
5) Two weeks later, the installers showed up at our home unannounced. We told them we had not been expecting them and asked them to leave, but they just sat in our kitchen for 30 minutes!
6) It was a good thing we refused to let them install that day because closer inspection of the pantry and range hood cabinet revealed that they had not been remade. They had been ripped apart, cut, and glued back together. The wood was warped, there were cracks and scratches in the doors, and a nail was protruding from the pantry. Also, it was clear that they had just repainted the drawer front; the two holes were still visible. We told them we weren’t satisfied with this poor craftsmanship. Their response? They couldn’t have “poor craftsmanship” because they have installed kitchens worth over $20,000. We felt belittled and disrespected.
7) The pantry and range hood cabinet were remade and installed about two weeks later, but the drawer was not. The installer told us the office would contact us once the drawer was ready.
8) We didn’t hear from them until 3 weeks later. We scheduled an appointment, but on the day of, the installer showed up empty-handed and told us that the drawer was not ready. Again, he said the office would contact us when it was ready.
9) A month went by and we heard from no one. We had to contact them to set up an appointment. The installer showed up with just the drawer front (not the compartment itself) and the wrong handle. Again, he said the office would contact us.
10) Another week went by and we heard from no one. Again, we had to contact them to set up an appointment. The drawer was finally installed, but it doesn’t fit right (wobbles when you open/close it). It’s not satisfactory, but we simply don’t have the energy to deal with this company anymore.
If all of this wasn’t enough, we have already started noticing scratches in the paint, even though the cabinets have barely been used. I suspect we will have to resurface them within a few years. Dealing with Royal Classic Kitchen has caused my family significant stress, and I would never recommend them.