Distinctive Designs Landscaping

Ruel from Pickering
Ruel from Pickering
16 reviews Whitby, ON

Front Wall + Landscaping

We enlisted Kurt and team once again and they did a fantastic job! They turned a boring entryway into something that stands out and totally compliments our house and its features. The work they do is tremendous and will stand the test of time. If you are on the fence about who to contact for your landscaping needs I hope my 2 reviews of Kurt and his team can sway you. I would be more than happy to discuss my experience with them.

Thanks for the review Ruel! As usual, working with you is a fantastic experience.

juliet
juliet
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Stone patio/pergola in backyard

From our first meeting with Kurt, we were very impressed with his attention to detail/attitude and most importantly his professionalism. Hence there was no doubt in our minds that he would do an excellent job. Kurt and his team transformed our dated wooden deck to a fist class stone patio, complete with a pergola and - well done!

They are truly an amazing team of professionals in every respect. Sound work ethic displayed at all times - they take pride in what they do. Cleaned up each day and and for me perhaps the most impressive aspect which eliminated a lot of stress was their commitment to finishing up a big job in 5 days even if it meant working past 5:00pm.

Well done guys- would not hesitate to recommend Kurt for your landscaping project.

Thanks for your kind words Juliet. I look forward to working with you guys for the front of your home.

Porch and Stairs in Pickering
Porch and Stairs in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Front porch and stairs

Kurt you and your team made us one happy couple. The transformation of our front stairs and porch is just amazing. We are getting so many compliments from people passing by. We would highly recommend you to everyone. I know it was a lot of prep work for Shawn and Frank , they were amazing. When the work was done you could not tell there was so much construction as the clean up was so thorough. Again thank you so much.

Toni & Roger

You're very welcome. I'm just happy that you guys now have a safe front entrance. Enjoy!

Debra in Brooklin
Debra in Brooklin
1 review Pickering, ON

Front & Backyard total relandscaping

Kurt and his team are the one and only company I would ever recommend for any landscaping project. I was looking for very specific maintenance free outdoor space and Kurt and his team suggested and created exactly what I envisioned. They turned an aged outdoor living space into a totally revamped troublefree space that is now welcoming and I am excited to add the final decorative pieces to the already beautiful design they created. They are a team of professionals that would arrive daily on time and only left at the end of the day after making sure they cleaned up. Absolutely wonderful group. Thank you guys.

Thanks for the review Debra! It was a pleasure to work with you.

mike and susan
mike and susan
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Exterior Renovation Success!

We found Distinctive Designs Landscaping through Home Stars. We were seeking to renovate the front garden/driveway, replace an aging deck and patio, and repair some superficial cracks in the foundation. We had a broad sense of the finished product; Kurt refined our initial ideas and gave us a few additional considerations.
The results are brilliant. It took 7-8 days of dedicated work to remove and replace a 300 sq ft wood deck with PVC and glass, install an equal size interlocking patio below, remove a tree and overgrown shrubbery from the front lawn, prepare and install interlocking brick and accents for the front driveway and entrance. They even replanted the garden and replaced a broken stone in the house brick.
Kurt and his team were fantastic: they showed up on time, they were respectful of our living areas, they cleaned up the worksite every night and even humoured our curious neighbours. In all our years of renovating houses both inside and out, I can’t think of a project that went as smoothly as this one.
Thanks again to Kurt and his team! We will be enjoying their work for many, many years to come.

Thank you so much for the awesome review! You guys are fantastic!

MD in Scarborough
MD in Scarborough

Large Backyard Patio

We had Kurt and his team quote us for our large 900 sq foot backyard patio. We got a few other quotes from other companies, as my husband is also a contractor and we were looking for several specific qualities to ensure we would be getting a capable, trustworthy and reliable company to be doing the work. We liked Kurt's prompt customer service, his extensive experience and suggestions on how to make our project look professional and have the best visual appeal. His team was very knowledgeable and experienced, they arrived on time each day, were polite, clean and completed our large patio within a few days. They even added a bit of sod, and mulch to clean up the exterior of the patio which gave the space the final professional touch. We are beyond pleased with how well the whole project came together. It was a pleasure to work with Team Distinctive, and we will consider them for any future patio/stone work.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Working with you guys was an all around great experience. My crew really appreciated the stocked cooler!

Sarah Alcantara
Sarah Alcantara
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Front Driveway and Walkway Renovation

Kurt and his team renovated our front driveway and walkway. They added stones on both side of the driveway which we needed as when two cars are parked it was too cramped. They also replaced our old concrete pathway with stone and new grass. The job took two days and we are pleased in how fast and clean they work. Kurt and his team were very polite and precise in what they do. We are happy on the outcome of our driveway and we always get compliments when I have visitors. I would recommend Kurt and his team to anyone!

Thanks for the review! I look forward to working with you guys on your next project.

Katherine
Katherine
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Backyard Renovation

This is a total cliche, but if I could give Kurt and his crew more than 10 stars, I would.

We had our entire backyard gutted and renovated by Distinctive Designs, and we cannot express how happy we are with our new oasis. When we began to plan for this renovation, we looked to Homestars for some guidance. We met with Kurt (and a few other companies) to get their ideas/designs for our backyard. What drew us to Kurt was his easy-going nature and professionalism in our initial meeting. He had a great plan, and we were excited to see it come to life.

The entire team was professional and courteous from beginning to end. Kurt was always good to give my husband and I a brief daily overview of what was happening, and to check with us if we needed anything changed. His keen eye for detail resulted in a backyard that blew away my already-high expectations.

As for what was done, Kurt and the crew got rid of our old deck, re-graded our backyard, and put in a stone patio, a fire pit, a pergola and hot tub area, and a putting green. All of this was done in about a week and a half - an unbelievable time-frame if you look at the end result.

Thank you so much Kurt and the crew, for giving us a dream backyard. We won't hesitate to contact you guys again when we start to daydream about our front yard in the future!

Thanks for the awesome review! Working with you guys to create a dream backyard was so much fun. Hopefully the putting green will help save a few strokes on your short game!

Gwen in Toronto
Gwen in Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Backyard Oasis now

First i have to say that Kurt and his team completed my front walkway about 3yr prior, and did an outstanding job. So when it came time for me to gut and re-do my entire backyard, I simply did not go anywhere else but with Kurt at Distinctive Design. He kept me in budget, recommended some fantastic changes and boy did those guys work hard. They were absolutely a pleasure to work with and my backyard is the talk of the street. I am just sad that I do not have anymore outdoor landscaping work for them. Time to buy a new house in a few years and of course Distinctive Design will be my company of choice. Kurt, thank you so much for your patience, your dedication to detail and going above and beyond. You and your team are top notch!

Thank you so much Gwen! It's always a pleasure to work with you also. I hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new space.

Backyarder in Ajax
Backyarder in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Backyard Landscaping

Kurt did an amazing job of removing the old sand play area, levelling the yard and installing patio stones, along with some border edging. He is quick, efficient and has a great eye for detail and had great ideas for finishing! Kurt, thank you for giving us a yard that is inviting to our whole family and friends. When we need to do the front stairs Kurt will be the one and only call!

Thank you for the awesome review! It was a pleasure and I look forward to our next project together.

More about Distinctive Designs Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers

Distinctive Designs Landscaping is a company dedicated to each and every one of our client's individual needs. No matter what your desires may be, we are here to help you turn those desires into reality. Our experienced staff and management are fully trained in all aspects of landscaping, building and construction. We are committed to higher quality residential and commercial projects.

Services we offer are: