Distinctive Designs Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Pickering ON L0B1A0
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Pickering  >  Distinctive Designs Landscaping

Reviews for Distinctive Designs Landscaping

Victoria in Ajax
Victoria in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Front & Backyard Walkay, Patio, Driveway & Concrete Slab for Garden Shed

I should have posted this back in July 2017. Kurt and his crew did a complete overhaul of our driveway, front walkway and patio, backyard walkway and patio, put in a concrete slab for our garden shed and created front and back gardens with rock borders. Our house went from blah to spectacular in a week. He listened to what I wanted done and made it happen. His completed work exceeded my expectations. He certainly has an eye for design. The finishing touches took my breath away. I now love being outside and never tire of looking at the work he did. We have had so many complements from our neighbours. Kurt, I can't thank you enough for making my home come alive.

Thank you so much for your kind words Victoria. Working with you guys was a pleasure and I hope you enjoy your new space for many years.

Front & Backyard, Patio, Deck and Garden

If we could give Kurt and Distinctive Designs Landscaping a rating of 11, we would! Kurt and his crew did an absolutely outstanding job on our property.
Kurt worked with us every step of the way in re-doing the walkway, garden and steps in the front of the house, putting in a new deck, stone patio, and beautiful stone garden in the back of the property. He suggested a fire-pit on the patio which we absolutely love. He installed gorgeous smoked glass panels in the deck (something we hadn't even thought of!) He and his crew worked so hard from morning til dusk in very hot weather.
In addition, they had to remove an old, heavy tree stump and fix our
terrible drainage problem in the backyard----not an easy job at all. Each day they cleaned up the property and at the end of the job, they washed down all the surfaces and left the front and back perfectly
clean.
We highly recommend Kurt and his DDL crew. They were all
extremely professional, accommodating and respectful of all our needs and our timelines.
Thank you Kurt!

Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to working with you again in the future.

JulieP in Pickering
JulieP in Pickering

Great experience

We had A relatively large retaining wall and some decorative stone/interlocking done by Distinctive Designs last year. The work was done well, on time and with no surprises. Kurt was involved through the project and checked in regularly with us. One year later we had some shifting. No problem. Kurt was back out to fix it up. I would highly recommend this company. We've had quite a bit of contracting work done over the last few years and this was by far the best overall experience we've had.

Thank you for your kind words Julie. I look forward to the opportunity to work with you guys again.

Don in Whitby
Don in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Steps down into sloped yard

I met with Kurt back in October. He was professional, well spoken and clearly described the work that would be done. I was concerned that I would not be able to have my steps completed this season but Distinctive Designs delivered. They also cleaned up very well before leaving the job site. I would highly recommend Kurt and his team and would not hesitate to use them in again in the future.

Thank you for your review Don. I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Karin from Whitby
Karin from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Landscaping front walk & driveway

Kurt and Team installed front walkway, raised garden bed & driveway in a unique design that matched the house and our personal taste perfectly! Kurt is very talented, patient and hard working and it’s reflected in his hardworking team. The job from start to finish took three days and the site was kept clean and tidy at the end of each day. We are very happy we chose Distinctive Designs to complete our project and would not hesitate to use this company again.

Thank you for your kind words Karin. I look forward to working with you again.

Gordie in San Francisco
Gordie in San Francisco
1 review Courtice, ON

Exteriors Landscape

Absolutely Great landscaping team! Kurt and his crew did a fantastic job doing our front porch, walkway, backyard patio as well as deck. Took them a week a long, everything was on time and looks amazing and didn't have any issues with anything! Nothing but compliments from neighbours and friends, would definitely recommend him and his crew to anyone!

Thanks for the great review Gordie!

Carlos in Pickering
Carlos in Pickering

Full exterior landscaping

Kurt and his team are consummate professionals. They do fantastic work and stand behind the quality. They replaced our front steps and walkway, covered our front landing in stone, built-up new planters, removed and replaced our driveway, put flagstone walkway along the side and back of our house, did a new wooden landing and stairs at the side and back, and ran river rock down the other side of the house. They also re-sodded... so basically, 100-percent new landscaping around our house. Couldn't be happier with the work, and have already recommended them to my sister and brother-in-law as well as to a neighbour down the street.

Thank you for your awesome review Carlos! My whole crew and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you guys. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from your new space.

1 review Ajax, ON

Backyard patio and steps

Kurt was a great pleasure to deal with he was very knowledgeable, honest and definitely hard working. He and his crew did amazing work and completed the job in record time. They removed all the old patio stones, and old wood stairs, fully cleaning up the job site. The patio they created and stone stairs they installed are amazing and beautiful totally beyond anything I could have imagined. I cant say it enough how pleased I am with their work. I would highly recommend Kurt and his team for any landscaping job.

Thank you for your great review! I hope you get many years of enjoyment from your new space.

Tamra Wheeler in Ottawa
Tamra Wheeler in Ottawa
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Front walkway

Kurt and his crew just recently installed our front walkway along with a garden wall, driveway boarder, armor stones and lighting. Their workmanship and clean up was fantastic. We are very pleased!! Thank you Kurt for convincing us to go with the black stone. It really is beautiful!!! We will definitely recommend you to friends.

Ken and Tammy Wheeler, Pickering

Thanks for the great review! Working with you both was an absolute pleasure.

James in Durham,Ontario
James in Durham,Ontario
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Curb Appeal - As it was meant to be.

Here's our formula for how to review Kurt's work:
Wait a few weeks until the newness wears off. Then, if every time you come home you stare at it while grinning from ear to ear- the finished product has to be fantastic.
It is.
Kurt is the type of contractor you HOPE to find. His creativity is blended perfectly with his practicality. We gave him a few basics of what we were looking for, and he simply took it from there. The final layout was his- and we love it.
Our home isn't a mansion, but it's ours. And like many, are updating and upgrading. What Kurt did for our curb appeal is amazing and didn't break the bank. He even assisted with how to finish the gardens.
But every contractor is only as good as his team. Trust me- his crew is fantastic. Their work is that of professionals- neat, clean, funny, and always respectful of your property. I cannot say enough about these guys other than to say Kurt sure knows how to pick 'em.
Final words: We're so lucky we decided to go with DDL, and wouldn't even consider another contractor. A perfect job. 10/10.
No, make it 11/10.

Thank you for your kind words Jim. I will make sure to pass this on to the crew. It was great to work with you and I look forward to working with you again.

More about Distinctive Designs Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers

Distinctive Designs Landscaping is a company dedicated to each and every one of our client's individual needs. No matter what your desires may be, we are here to help you turn those desires into reality. Our experienced staff and management are fully trained in all aspects of landscaping, building and construction. We are committed to higher quality residential and commercial projects.

Services we offer are: