E.W. Smith Roofing

E.W. Smith Roofing

Reviews for E.W. Smith Roofing

Patrick in Leslieville
Patrick in Leslieville

new shingles on roof and vents installed

We initially got earl's name and number from a friend who was very satisfied with the roofing work they had done. We have used E.W. smith on 3 different houses of ours, and each time they did an excellent job for a fair price. We don't even bother to call other people to get quotes anymore, we just call Earl. He is exactly what you want in a roofer -- honest, fair, and extremely competent. There was even one time that a neighbor insisted that the crew had damaged her siding. I called Earl, and he dealt with the neighbor and immediately fixed the problem no questions asked and no charge to us or our neighbor. He is a stand-up guy that you can trust, and who stands behind his work. He never suggests that you spend more or do more than is needed, and his work is top quality. We have recommended him to many of our friends and they have all been very satisfied with both the work and the price. It's his name on the company, and he stands by his work

Eric Dunbar in Toronto
Eric Dunbar in Toronto

Flat roof cover

We had a leaky flat roof that was in desperate need of repair. We got quotes ranging from $3000 (company was VERY poorly reviewed on homestars) to $10 000.

EW Smith wasn't rock bottom but they were very reasonably priced. Because it was threatening to rain the next day he pulled part of a crew working on a house that didn't have a leak and he got our roof fixed up in 10 hours of work (they went over top the existing roof rather than stripping it). Fantastic!

The only person in our family who complained about them was our 13 month old baby son who didn't appreciate all the noise on the roof while he was trying to have a nap ;)... though, mama and papa really appreciated not having to worry about a leaky roof any more!!!

Use them. You won't be disappointed.

Jo in Cabbagetown
Jo in Cabbagetown

New roof

Suirrels had made a home in the attic , damage had been discovered when they were evicted as the wood had rotted under the shingles.
The whole front roof was replaced so that the damgae wouldn't spread.
Also had the downspout disconnected from the sewer system (required by City by-law).
I am pleased with the result after a call back to seal the drain and properly place the downspout extension.
I had this company replace a flat roof some years ago and was happy with their work and price which is why they were contrated for this job.

Kaczanowski in Toronto
Kaczanowski in Toronto

New Roof

The roofers did a great job on our roof and also an attached garage roof. They were on time, tidied up as they worked and were very polite. Had a minor problem with part of a flat roof as it had to be raised to allow water to flow, but they came back immediately and fixed same.

Frank in Toronto
Frank in Toronto

Rebuild of top floor balcony and siding. Reseal around skylights.

I contacted EW Smith and setup an initial inspection. I liked the quote and once all the work was completed it was very close to what was quoted with the differences being some additional problem areas on my roof were encountered for which additional materials were needed.

Otherwise, the workers came in on time and worked solidly throughout the day. All torn down/out materials were carted away. Source of leak was found as a result of getting this work done. Parts that could've been re-used were removed cleanly and reapplied once the main work was completed.

I didn't need to supervise them as they worked independently. They did what was agreed upon. I was very pleased with EW Smith overall.

Gareth Emery in Waterloo
Gareth Emery in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Roof Leak

They were quick with repairing the leak in my roof. My attic floods whenever it rains and I desperately needed a quick fix for my roof, which was exactly what they provided me with.

CBH in Toronto
CBH in Toronto

New roof

While not the easiest to contact initially, they ultimately responded to my message and came by to take a look for an estimate. I had the estimate in a couple days, even though they are clearly very busy, and work started in about a week because they knew it was a significant leak. Positively, they provided a couple options of how to solve the problem and noted the pros and cons of each. I took the day off to keep an eye on the quality of the work, since I've had both good and bad contraactors in the past. I have to say, these guys were professional, quick, clean, and extremely quality-conscious. The quote was among the lower that I collected and yet the quality of the work was excellent. They even patched a spot on my neighbour's roof (I live in a semi) and sealed some spots for free that weren't part of the quote. I can't say enough good about them.

Sal in Toronto
Sal in Toronto

Roof/ complete replacement with Membrane and ice gaurd

Was very pleased with the entire experience.
Earl Smith is personable, knowledgable and polite. His quote was resonable, and deposit modest. His men arrived when he said they would, did fine work and cleaned up afterthemselves. Earl responded to questions, was customer centered and this was an experience that all went much better then i could have hoped.

Gael
Gael
3 reviews North York, ON

Re shingling roof

They came on time but the day after the job was completed the roof leaked during a rain. It had not been leaking prior to that. They came back to repair it and it has not leaked since but interior drywall damage was done from the leak.

Carolyn at Yoonge and Eglinton
Carolyn at Yoonge and Eglinton

Flat Roof

I had 3 no shows and 2 companpies that did not want to take on my project when we finally found Earl Smith.
He came over right on time. We got a better estimate by half than a company that had advertised on the radio. He found ways of helping me save over my original plans.
I was patient and he did get the job done before the winter set in. My job was not urgent.
The workers took a lot of pride in getting the job done right. When I had a concern a supervisor was over very quickly.
The roof is in a very visible spot and now it adds instead of detracts from my apartment building.

More about E.W. Smith Roofing

Earl W. Smith has been roofing for over 32 years, and established E.W. Smith Roofing in 1979 as a sole proprietorship. As the company expanded, Earl took on a partner - Raymond Mallet, who has over 20 years of roofing experience.

The goal at E. W. Smith Roofing is to provide roofing that is high quality and affordable, but with emphasis on making sure that the job is done right with the best customer service possible.

Services:

Shingles: Asphalt, Cedar, Slate
Flat Roofing: Modified bitman, Built up roofing/BUR/Tar & Gravel/Four Ply.

Eavestrough work: Aluminum, Galvanized steel, Copper, Soffit and Fascia

Chimney work

Skylights

Repairs: Emergency repairs, Small repairs to all types of roofs, Eaves cleaning, Leaf guards, De-icing cables, Snow & ice removal from roofs, Snow guards, Down pipe relocating/repair, Caulking, Animal damage, Chimney Screens, Tuckpointing, Small chimney repairs, Flashings, Vents, Leaky skylights, Garage roofs, Porch roofs, Cabana roofs, Temporary repairs