E.W. Smith Roofing

Reviews for E.W. Smith Roofing

Richard in Toronto
Richard in Toronto

Excellent Quality Work

The roof installed by Earl and his crew looks great. It has worked perfectly in the rain unlike the old one. The railing was put back in place and is super solid. You would never know that it had been removed.

Thanks for the great work - on this latest section as well as the main roof and skylight that was installed a year or so ago. If I had another roof to update I would hire Earl and his company again without hesitation.

Thanks Richard. Sorry I took so long. But it was a pleasure
To do work for you, and to do a good job!
Earl

donnie in Toronto
donnie in Toronto

I would not use any other roofer

Recently EW Smith Roofing did a small patching job for me, but I have employed them for complete roof rebuilds as well. This is a family company that really cares about their work. Skilled, reliable, reasonably priced and honest. I highly recommend this firm.

Thanks Donnie for your wonderful review. Very much appreciated. I want to continue to give good quality work
And assessments for all who want to be my clients

maryke.roest
maryke.roest

new roof

We are very satisfied with the work done by E.W. Smith Roofing. The company's working crew was professional. They were quite capable of putting a replacement roof on a very steep three storey home and a small flat roof.

Douglas Lister in Toronto
Douglas Lister in Toronto

Re-Shingle roof

First used E.W. Smith to put a new roof over my front porch. Did an excellent job at a reasonable price.The 2nd job was re-shingling my Peak roof. There was more damage than first thought, but it only cost an additional 580.00 but the job was professionally done and they cleaned up the job site as well.

We take care of our clients. We want to give both excellent
Service and work.

Searching for a leak

About a quarter of the roof needed to be repaired and shingled but apparently the leak was not a roofing problem. The date to start work was changed two times the night before and the amount of shingle required was underestimated so another day was required. The men doing the work were pleasant and knowledgeable but I was not happy with the price I was charged and the fact that the problem did not get resolved.

The section of roof needed to be done. It was essential to know that no water was coming through the shingles Shingles badly deteriorated. One of the men stepped on a roof board and foot went through. The board was fixed. The price was fair and the fact we needed additional shingles if correctly calculated at the beginning that would have added another few hundred to the cost. But was not.
The customer is correct in that we were not able to fix her bathroom exhaust vent problem from a previous contractor who installed it,!as it will need a mason to fix and I mistakenly thought there was access from the roof.
40.00 for wood replacement and another 60.00 (cost of roof exhaust vent)were taken off the bill .

Lynn in Toronto
Lynn in Toronto

Fixed The Roof

I had a leak in my ceiling.
Earl, of E.W. Smith the owner, came over and after inspecting the roof told me it was in reasonable shape. He felt I could get a few more years out of it. They fixed the roof by replacing a vent, flashings and nailing
down loose tiles. I still have loose tiles coming off two years later but at least no leaks.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you. I do care about every job we do. Certainly to be honest with my inspection always.

Peter A
Peter A

Great service

I called the big name companies at first because I 'thought' they must be the best. They didn't even bother to return my call because my small repair was a waste of their time. That's just rude and terrible customer service.

I saw E.W. Smith's company van on my street and called them. I received a reply call very promptly and they completed the task that very day! They provided fantastic customer service and their price was very reasonable. No question they will have my business going forward when I need a larger job completed.

We were very happy to give Peter such swift service.
Our clients are important to us.
Earl Smith
E W Smith Roofing

Pea in Toronto
Pea in Toronto

Roofing job

Called Earl on Friday, Saturday he came to take a look, gave us a quote, we signed the contract. Monday his (great) guys came and did the job fast, clean and well. Price was very reasonable. Definitely will use this company again and definitely would recommend it.

RG from Toronto
RG from Toronto

New Roof

After checking with several roofers, I hired Earl's company based on the reasonable price and the professional assessment and advice. Earl's team did a great job in removing and replacing the flat and shingled roof, installing a beautiful new skylight and updating the flashing, fascia and eavestroughing. The crew kept the site very tidy and clean and finished the project in a timely way despite the brutal heat. I highly recommend EW Smith for anyone who needs work on their roof.

Ryan M.
Ryan M.

Flat Roof

Did a nice job removing the old flat roof (approx. 200 sq. ft. )on the rear portion of my residence and replacing it. Put in insulation and even came back the following day to hook up exhaust fan from the room below. Excellent work, very reliable and able to meet specifications.

More about E.W. Smith Roofing

Earl W. Smith has been roofing for over 32 years, and established E.W. Smith Roofing in 1979 as a sole proprietorship. As the company expanded, Earl took on a partner - Raymond Mallet, who has over 20 years of roofing experience.

The goal at E. W. Smith Roofing is to provide roofing that is high quality and affordable, but with emphasis on making sure that the job is done right with the best customer service possible.

Services:

Shingles: Asphalt, Cedar, Slate
Flat Roofing: Modified bitman, Built up roofing/BUR/Tar & Gravel/Four Ply.

Eavestrough work: Aluminum, Galvanized steel, Copper, Soffit and Fascia

Chimney work

Skylights

Repairs: Emergency repairs, Small repairs to all types of roofs, Eaves cleaning, Leaf guards, De-icing cables, Snow & ice removal from roofs, Snow guards, Down pipe relocating/repair, Caulking, Animal damage, Chimney Screens, Tuckpointing, Small chimney repairs, Flashings, Vents, Leaky skylights, Garage roofs, Porch roofs, Cabana roofs, Temporary repairs