E.W. Smith Roofing

E.W. Smith Roofing

Reviews for E.W. Smith Roofing

Susan at St. Clair W near Christie
Susan at St. Clair W near Christie

tear down and replace section of roof above my kitchen

I hired this company to strip to bare and then replace a section of roof that was old, and starting to lose shingles. Company said they gave full 10 year warranty on their work. First winter after they did the job, ceiling below the new roof started leaking. That ceiling had NEVER leaked before. I looked carefully at the new roof and noticed that there was an open hole where there should have been a shingle. Called company to come back. They sent a team of father and son playing good cop / bad cop. Bad cop insisted that the leaking problem I was having had to nothing to do with the job they did - even after seeing that a shingle was totally missing, leaving a gaping hole in the roof. I asked for compensation so I could get the roof repaired and then get the ceiling below repaired. Bad cop kept insisting it was not their responsibility. Good cop said he'd be a "nice guy" and give me half of what it was going to cost me to repair the ceiling. Their approach to me was totally intimidating.

I've just had another company in, still trying to fix the leak. This company pointed out numerous problems with the job done by EW Smith, reflecting a serious lack of attention to workmanship;

Mike in Davisville
Mike in Davisville

Shingle and flat roof

We had E.W. Smith replace both our pitched roof with 30 yr shingles
and our flat roof with a premium flat roof. The work was carried
out exceptionally quickly, and both jobs were exceptionally well
done. Neighbors who chose to spend less with other roofing companies had leaks in their roofs in under a year.

All in all a great job, with total satisfaction.

Emma in Leslieville
Emma in Leslieville

A friend recommended E.W. Smith Roofing to us after they had a positive experience with their new roof and skylight installation. Earl came out to give us a quote and we were impressed by his courtesy, experience and the fact that he understood our budget limitations. His quote was very competitive and he explained that it would take 2 days to finish the whole job. His crew was due to begin on a Monday morning at 9am and they were already in full swing by 8:30!! Earl let me know they were going to try to power through the whole job because rain was in the schedule for that evening. They finished by 7:30 and we're very pleased with their work. I would highly recommend Earl and his team to anyone looking for a roofer.

More about E.W. Smith Roofing

Earl W. Smith has been roofing for over 32 years, and established E.W. Smith Roofing in 1979 as a sole proprietorship. As the company expanded, Earl took on a partner - Raymond Mallet, who has over 20 years of roofing experience.

The goal at E. W. Smith Roofing is to provide roofing that is high quality and affordable, but with emphasis on making sure that the job is done right with the best customer service possible.

Services:

Shingles: Asphalt, Cedar, Slate
Flat Roofing: Modified bitman, Built up roofing/BUR/Tar & Gravel/Four Ply.

Eavestrough work: Aluminum, Galvanized steel, Copper, Soffit and Fascia

Chimney work

Skylights

Repairs: Emergency repairs, Small repairs to all types of roofs, Eaves cleaning, Leaf guards, De-icing cables, Snow & ice removal from roofs, Snow guards, Down pipe relocating/repair, Caulking, Animal damage, Chimney Screens, Tuckpointing, Small chimney repairs, Flashings, Vents, Leaky skylights, Garage roofs, Porch roofs, Cabana roofs, Temporary repairs