E.W. Smith Roofing

E.W. Smith Roofing

Reviews for E.W. Smith Roofing

elizabethmacgregor in Toronto
elizabethmacgregor in Toronto

Roofing replaced and repair work

Earl Smith is the Gentleman Roofer, a kind man who gave us an accurate quote, willing to find solutions and is wonderful with his team. We found them to be a happy group, enjoying their work under not ideal circumstances.. wasps determined to attack!
I highly recommend him!! We had another company do work here and it was awful.. Earl remediated that work, replaced our old sunroom roof and a flat garage roof. So very impressed with this company and their work ethic!!!!

Richard
Richard

Replace Shingles

We had a leak to our shingles that was installed 15 years ago, and E.W. Smith Roofing came highly recommended by our trusted neighbors. They looked at our roof and immediately discovered our problem. Even though the shingles have many years left, it was installed wrong. I.e. spacing /overlap at some places were 2 inches apart. We got a good education as to why this is wrong. Work done and cleanup was excellent from start to finish. Earl was pleasant to talk to and explained the process. Thank you again for a wonderful roofing job.

Roof repair

Needed a flat roof and shingles done. Got a quote and time frame from E.W. Smith. Accepted. The crew showed up each morning and did everything to perfection (above what I expected). I would recommend this company to anyone with roofing needs.
Happy customer FRED

Bruno
Bruno

Replace all shingles

I was really impressed with the work ethic of all the guys. They all get along great and have fun doing the work. And it shows in the final result.
The job was completed in 1 day. They took before and after pictures for me. They took the time to explain any issues (like dry rot) along the way. They also took the time to put back a piece of siding that fell off (too high for me to reach). Thanks again. Great job well done all around.

Jack on Fairview Blvd.
Jack on Fairview Blvd.

Satisfied Customers

We found Earl very good to work with. Once we scoped out the job - a complete re-shingling of our roof - he estimated when they would be able to start. They stuck to the start date and sent a crew that stayed with the job until completed. We found the crew very professional and friendly - a pleasure to work with. The roof looks great, the clean-up was well done, and there were no big surprises. We highly recommend!

Great job from an honest and hard-working team

Earl knows his roofing and has a fantastic team working with him. It was an emergency roof repair. He explained what needed to be done and the rationale behind his approach to repairing the very old roof. We added in 3 new sky-lights last-minute, which he sourced and incorporated into the work plan; no problem. He found a great price for the skylights and passed on the discount to his (happy) clients. Work was done with a professional team; efficient, no mess. At the end, they needed less plywood than anticipated, so we were credited. Very nice working with E. W. Smith and team. Professional, efficient, cost-effective. An honest, hard-working team!

I very much appreciate the review just given. We care about our work and our clients to get the best job possible for them and at a fair price.

Martin in Toronto
Martin in Toronto

Roof - reshingled

I had my roof re-done in 2018 by E.W. Smith and I can't say enough about how happy I am with the results! His crew was super tidy, did good work of the roof.

Thank you Martin for your kind review. We want to do the best for our clients

JTan  in Old Toronto
JTan in Old Toronto

Evidence of small leak

I know Earl from many years ago when he finally was the only roofer I found to fix a flat roof and flat skylight. I had problems for many years with other roofers. At my new house, I called him again for help. He made a careful inspection and recommended an adjustment with the roof and how rain could potentially be blowing in. He was honest and said this could do the job instead of a major repair or replacement and it did the job. I’ve been here for 8 years now and that was about 6 years ago. Thank you Earl! I would recommend you and your company to all my good friends!

Thanks Josephine . I am glad it worked out so well.
You are a great client to work for.
Earl

Roger in Toronto
Roger in Toronto

Roof reshingling and metal replacement

In early April we were in a difficult spot - our roof job was halted with cold weather and when warm days returned in March leaks appeared in our ceilings. When we got no response we terminated the contractor and called E.W. Smith Roofing - a team came promptly, inspected the roof and identified the causes of the leaks as well as other problems with the previous work. Both supervisor and crew worked through cool weather in April to complete the job rapidly with explanations of the work and regular billings throughout. We regret that we did not engage E.W. Smith Roofing to start our roof job but we are grateful that this firm responded to fix the leaks and complete the job properly.

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you and to get the roof fixed up and finished properly.
I've been very busy since fixing you up. My crew and I really appreciated your kindness with the morning coffees and often cookies too!

Kevin in The Beaches, Toronto
Kevin in The Beaches, Toronto

Shingle repair and roof inspection

Earl responded to my service request promptly on a Sunday evening, and he and his team were out Monday AM to address our issues.

They were kind, courteous, and explained in detail the results of their roof inspection, and fixed the fallen and loose shingles that needed immediate attention.

I would happily refer friends and family to Earl and his team for their roofing needs in the future.

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate your kind remarks to let others know of skill and care we take for every job. It is a pleasure to have worked for you. Earl

More about E.W. Smith Roofing

Earl W. Smith has been roofing for over 32 years, and established E.W. Smith Roofing in 1979 as a sole proprietorship. As the company expanded, Earl took on a partner - Raymond Mallet, who has over 20 years of roofing experience.

The goal at E. W. Smith Roofing is to provide roofing that is high quality and affordable, but with emphasis on making sure that the job is done right with the best customer service possible.

Services:

Shingles: Asphalt, Cedar, Slate
Flat Roofing: Modified bitman, Built up roofing/BUR/Tar & Gravel/Four Ply.

Eavestrough work: Aluminum, Galvanized steel, Copper, Soffit and Fascia

Chimney work

Skylights

Repairs: Emergency repairs, Small repairs to all types of roofs, Eaves cleaning, Leaf guards, De-icing cables, Snow & ice removal from roofs, Snow guards, Down pipe relocating/repair, Caulking, Animal damage, Chimney Screens, Tuckpointing, Small chimney repairs, Flashings, Vents, Leaky skylights, Garage roofs, Porch roofs, Cabana roofs, Temporary repairs