Paving Contractors

Reviews for Sparkling Curb

Lisa Pranno from Caledon
Lisa Pranno from Caledon
1 review Bolton, ON

Pavers/Interlock Restoration as well as driveway sealin

Both my husband and myself we very pleased with the work when it was completed.
Daniel was very thorough and kept communicating with us along the way to make sure we understood the process.
We know now exactly who to call when enhancing our curb appeal and future projects.

Discerning C.
Discerning C.

Pool Deck and Backyard Stonework

Daniel is hands down the worst contractor we've ever hired. He touts himself as a jack of all trades when he in fact he is master of none. He was 1 hour late for our first meeting because he was at a Bocce ball tournament! He only came after I sent him a reminder email. His Bocce ball obsession became a recurring theme with him having to leave early or not be available on weekends because of him going to play Bocce ball. I had called him to remove the crumbling cement and install polymer sand in the joints around my pool deck and backyard walkway. He said he can also refinish my deck and reseal my driveway and he's a pro at it. He's a good salesman so I also hired him for those jobs but I made it clear that my priorty was the stonework as I had a grass installation coming in 3 weeks. He said that was plenty of time for him to complete all of the work. However, there were delays due to weather and him coming late and leaving early. When I asked him if he could do the work over a weekend - because the weather was perfect then and he was way behind schedule, he flatly refused.
Other failures on his part: He installed the wrong colour of polymer sand. He hired someone to do the parchment work and it fell apart 1 week later. He never compacted the sand as per good practice, and told me I was "undermining" him by even suggesting it. He blew a lot of sand into our pool although he promised to use boards to prevent this from happening. He left polymeric sand on our paving stones which are there now permanently. The sand he did apply was not done evenly with dips everywhere. I asked him why this happened. He said since I didn't have a hose attachment with a fine mist spray, he had to use his finger over the hose to improvise and that resulted in the dents in the sand.
We had a final chat with us telling him we were not at all happy with his work. We told him to forget the deck and driveway, just fix the sand in the joints and seal it. Daniel promised to stay late that Thursday to do it and no sooner did I come back into the house, he took a call on his cell and then abruptly left! No explanation. He said he could come back on Saturday to finish the work as he was busy Friday. Well, Saturday came and we get a text from him saying, due to the weather (it was perfectly clear) and a prior family event, he wasn't coming! And further, he was abandoning the job because we were rude to him! He informed us he was keeping our 25% deposit as payment for the (subpar) work he had already done and for which we had to hire other contractors to fix. Never in 40 years of home ownership have we had an experience like this. Stick to playing Bocce ball Daniel because your contracting skills and integrity are nonexistent!

Vince
Vince

Disappointed

Daniel should not do or try to attempt jobs he is not capable of doing,
a person's home is his or her castle and if you make a mistake try
to rectify ASAP, good money was spent never asked for a dime back but had to get other trades to repair flaws.
Vince Sisca

Review has 1 previous version
Tracy
Tracy

Microwave Installation

Replaced my 20+ year old over the range microwave in my condo. There were a few challenges but Daniel solved everything. He was well prepared with all the right tools to get the job done!
Thanks Daniel!
I would highly recommend

Thank you Tracy!
It was nice to meet you.

Microwave Install

Installed an over the range microwave in our condo kitchen. Everything went smoothly. Daniel was great to work with very professional and came prepared with everything needed.

Thank you! Glad to help!

Custom Entertainment Wall

We were so happy with Daniele’s work on this project. I had a vision in mind and had been sketching out ideas for months. To see it come to life in such a short time was amazing. He offered great suggestions and was accommodating for any changes we needed and the products that we chose. His attention to detail was great and he made sure to leave us happy with the final result. Now we have a beautiful feature in our living room with lots of storage for ours and the kids things. It really is the custom look that we were hoping for. Before and after pictures attached. We have since added two thick shelves to each side (delivery delayed these so we added them after).

Thank you! it was a pleasure to assist you on this custom project!

Nikhil M
Nikhil M

Dishwasher cabinet adjustment

Daniel came by and was able to adjust our dishwasher enclosure without requiring any major cabinetry updates. We found Daniel to be very polite and friendly throughout the process, right from the initial phone consultation. As well, we are very relieved the issue was resolved in a short amount of time. Thanks, Daniel!
We will be reaching out to Sparkling Curb for our future needs and highly recommend them to anyone interested.

Thank you very much Nikhil, it was our pleasure!

S.O.
S.O.

Mounting large mirror

Daniel provided us with great service- he was prompt, reliable, and courteous, and he did a great job. We would definitely recommend him for anyone needing who is handy man services.

Thank you! Glad to help.

meherban.faroogh in Markham
meherban.faroogh in Markham

Backyard & Frontyard Renovation

Daniele is extremely creative and professional in his work. He is very friendly and easy to work with. He accommodated my ideas and changes mid project and delivered an excellent final product at a reasonable cost that I am very happy with. I would strongly recommend Daniele to anyone interested, and look forward to having him do all my projects in the future.

Thank you very much Meherban, much appreciated!
It was a pleasure meeting you and working with you.

Ro
Ro

Landscaping and Gardening for House

Sparkling Curb did a stellar quality landscaping and gardening job for our home. It was a pleasure to work with Daniel. He was very responsive with all our questions and concerns until the end of the project, which we really appreciated. We had received several quotes, but Daniel was able to work with our budget. He was very knowledgeable and made us feel like he was helping us with his creativity and flexible ideas to suit our needs. We loved that he was a good listener and found many ways to save us money and time. And at the same time the results he produced looked terrific not just to us but to others during the sale of the house. It looked like we spent more than we did. Daniel also went over and above to help us when needed for non-landscaping/gardening issues that came up. Thank you Daniel!

Note: I added some before and after photos of Sparkling Curb's beautiful work!

Thank you so much Rosanne for the kind and thorough review! It truly was a pleasure working with you on your project to find the best solution and implementing it. We appreciate you and look forward to helping you out on future projects!
Sparklingcurb

More about Sparkling Curb

Welcome to Sparkling Curb!
Specializing in both Exterior and Interior Home Projects, from asphalt and stone sealing, interlocking, landscaping and design, fence and deck build, sodding, to painting, handyman, and all general type work.
We're here to serve your home needs so you could enjoy your biggest investment and optimize it for future benefit.
Call us today to discuss what is possible.