appliance repair team

Appliance Repair
Vaughan ON L4K 1L3
Appliance Repair
appliance repair team

Reviews for appliance repair team

Vishal in Toronto
Vishal in Toronto
1 review Ajax, ON

Microwave Repair

100% a sham, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

Hired ApplianceRepairTeam the faulty microwave in our new home

Charged $300 for 'labour' (just to inspect microwave) and another $250 to order replacement parts. Told us our microwave costs $1200 to buy brand new, it actually costs around $280. I foolishly signed without reading the contract and paid via debit, couldn't freeze bank account in time. Now I'm out $550 and microwave still doesn't work

Isaac C
Isaac C

WARNING! KEEP AWAY FROM: A TEAM APPLIANCE REPAIR/APPLIANCE REPAIR TEAM

Steer clear of this company, which for a fridge leak (due to frost build-up) and a faulty ice maker, charged me over $1100 incl. taxes! The technician (George) thawed the ice, charged me more than 2x the actual cost for 2 replacement parts, applied a sealant for the ice machine...and it still doesn't make ice! To this day, a proper diagnosis of my ice maker issue hasn't been made. After numerous complaints with Customer Service (Charmain, Ella, Chandin, Pooja) and their Manager, Clarice, I was offered a good will refund of only $104 (15% off the parts cost of $700). Below is a summary of my complaints:
(i) Misleading advertising - $80 initial diagnosis fee jumped to $280
(ii) Gross overcharge of parts - $699.53 for two parts costing only $311.83 total (Evaporator Cover Assembly $153.05, Evaporator Assembly $158.78 - during his return visit, this part was deemed to be unnecessary by the technician, no longer needed and therefore cancelled, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. DID HE SOMEHOW GAIN ACCESS TO MY FRIDGE BETWEEN HIS TWO VISITS TO MAKE THAT ASSESSMENT WITHOUT ME KNOWING?? NO REFUND WAS OFFERED.
*Word of advice - always check the parts cost online for yourself*
(iii) Improper, Incompetent, Unqualified Service and Repair Work - Ice Maker still doesn’t make ice after sealant/caulking was applied and allowed 24-72hrs to pass; NO DIAGNOSIS WAS EVER MADE AND AN INAPPROPRIATE SOLUTION WAS APPLIED...AND FAILED
(iv) Deceiving and unethical business practices
a. Tech, George, concluded a broken Evaporator Assembly, made the part order which never arrived, and later stated the original part was in working order. No refund was offered on this, which was said to be justified by Clarice, as the amount charged was equivalent to a small tube of epoxy sealant (100mL) ordered for the ice machine!
b. Cust Serv Rep, Charmain assured me that Ken (Head Tech) committed to fully restoring (by repair and/or replacement of parts) my faulty ice maker to a proper functioning state, at no extra charge to me
c. Cust Serv Mngr, Clarisse indicated the above-stated commitment by Charmain/Ken was not confirmed in the recording and promised to send me a copy, which I still have not received
I've filed complaints with BBB and other Gov't/Consumer Protection Agencies. This company should have been shut down long ago!

Paul L
Paul L

Freezer Repair

I called The Appliance Repair Team to check my upright freezer.
Don't be fooled by their professional website. They do not have trucks. They send technicians who use their personal vehicles and keep generic parts in the trunk.
The technician came and informed me that the freezer motor had to be replaced. I was charged $320 for the service and $462.60 for a part that I later discovered can be purchased online for $20. You expect a markup for the part, but a 2300% markup is absolutely ridiculous, unfair, reprehensible and dishonest. This company takes full advantage of a trusting public who they believe will not check the price of the parts. Unfortunately for them, I insisted that the tech leave the part's box, and he reluctantly did. I called their customer service department to demand a refund, and I was rejected. I have already filed a complaint with Ontario Consumer Protection and The Better Business Bureau.
This sort of over billing needs to stop. Avoid this company at all costs.

Chris
Chris

Dryer

This Company is the worst ever, please NEVER use them, because of there lack of knowledge and negligence in fixing my Dryer, they could have burnt my house down. This company should be put out of business, they will not tell you the truth and will rob you of your money.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Unfit to do business

I called this company in an emergency as my fridge stopped working suddenly. As a result I didn't really do my research like I usually do (my bad). The technician showed up later that same day. He was polite. He was at my house for a little over an hour. I explained to him that the fridge side (it's a side by side) was not working but that the freezer was working. He proceeded to take the inside panel of the freezer off so I asked why he was working on the freezer. He mentioned that there could be a problem with the air flow system sending air from the freezer to the fridge?? He tinkered around for a while and did some electrical tests on the main control board and showed me a component inside the freezer that had frost on saying that it shouldn't be like that. The coil was not iced up at all. He used a steam gun to thaw out the frosty component. He did not look at the fridge side at all because in the end he said that I needed to replace the main control board and the evaporator fan. ( $700 +tax for parts and installation). I paid the service fee of $280 but did not proceed with the parts right away and said I would let them know. I decided to do my own research because things just didn't sit well with me. In the end I solved the problem myself. Ice had built up in the back of the fridge and the fan was hitting the ice so I took out the back panel myself and removed the ice. Fridge works perfectly now. The company tells you that when you order the parts there is no extra charge for the installation (only the $280 previously paid) but I inquired with a manager at the company and was informed that the cost of the parts also includes an installation fee). This unnecessary repair could have cost me over $1000. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE NOT HONEST.

Emily Li
Emily Li
1 review Newmarket, ON

Stay Away From Appliance Repair Team Inc (appliancerepairteam.ca)

Be aware of this company which has technician who knows how to overcharge you but not doing the promised job once gets your money.

I deeply regret that I didn't do my homework before called this company and trusted their technician for quote on GE Dryer parts. They charge GE Dryer Model GTD65EBMK0DG parts TRAP DUCT ASM for $444.21 while actual cost at around $150, when asked the answer is that they need install it, so what labor fee do given I paid $280 labor fee - $75 discount? Also, the technician (first name: idor) promised to do some clean on the day to quote but when he came for service, he didn't bring vacuum cleaner as he promised and sounded very rude for not keeping his promise, to make things worse, he left all disposal parts and boxes at and nearby the laundry room and told me he is not supposed to take them with him. I paid total of $276.85 (washer)+$733.6(dryer) for his half hour services which left a mess around laundry room while a brand-new dryer for this model only cost $645+tax.which he quoted at around $1500 to mislead me take repair rather than consider buying a new one. The new trap duct he installed can't be used as he even didn't bother wipe out old dirt lint before install the new one resulting new one full of old dirt lint which I spend big money trying to get rid of them.And he claimed it was waste his time for my recall the service and refused to do any work around it.

Very bad experience with this company and I hope you read this before considering their services.

Louis
Louis

dishwasher repair

Our 10 year old dishwasher stopped working so we called Appliance Repair Team. They said that the minimum charge to come was $80, which would be deducted from any repair charges. When the serviceman came, it turned out that $80 was the cost of turning up. After inspecting the dishwasher (for $280), he said that it needed a new display membrane, which, with labour, would cost another $420. When I asked if it would be worth it to pay almost as much as the cost of a new machine, he said that the other parts were fine and would last for a while. Since I was already in for $280, I agreed and he ordered the part, which he returned to install three weeks later. Yesterday, just over three months later, the dishwasher died. When I called the Appliance Repair Team, they said that their services were only guaranteed for thirty days, but they would reduce the minimum service charge to $50, which would seem to mean a minimum of $250 more than I had already paid. It was an expensive lesson, but the moral of the story is: If you have an appliance problem, do not call the Appliance Repair Team. It will be cheaper to get a new machine.

Joe
Joe

Ridiculous Repair cost of Washer and Dryer

I contacted ApplianceRepairTeam.ca for Dryer and washer repair.

Total cost $813.6 for both of them !! and I stupidly paid them as it was urgent.

and They charged the fuse $120 plus taxes of the dryer.

I don't recommend this company !! I wish I read the comments here before contact them.

I wish can read the comments here before contact them.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Washing Machine Repair

After looking at the washing machine, the technician said I needed to replace the main board. I asked if it was in stock. He said yes. I told him I wanted confirmation all needed parts were in stock because I did not want to wait three weeks to get my washer fixed. He assured me the part I needed was in stock and he would receive it in 3-4 days and he would come the next day to repair the machine. The following week I was told the technician also ordered a hose and they were waiting for it to arrive. The following week I was told the hose was on back order and they did not know when it would arrive. When I asked why the technician ordered a hose without telling me I needed one they tried to make it sound like he did me a favour because they weren't charging for the hose. Three weeks later, they still don't have the hose. When I told them I wanted to cancel the repair they insisted I pay an administration and restocking fee because the main board had arrived even though I had made it clear to the technician that I did not want to order any parts unless they were in stock. Obviously, this company has no customer service and they mislead customers. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Dryer Repair - Need to Pay for Full Repair Even if They Can't Do It

They came by to quote on a dryer repair. I was expecting about $90 for them to come and look at it, and an additional cost for parts & labour if they were able to fix it. He examined it quickly and charged me right away for repair of the rotation system, pulley & bearing service, and motor service. He then went to get the part needed, but came back and let me know he didn't have it, but they'd order it and come back in a few days. They didn't call for about a week, so I called them and they indicated they hadn't found the part yet. I called another week later and they indicated they couldn't get the part so can't do the work, but I still had to pay for the labour as if they did. Apparently their policy is that you pay in full for labour whether they can do the work or not. So, I essentially paid $316 for them to assess the machine. Fortunately my wife was able to find the part online and we fixed the dryer ourselves. I would never trust this company ever!