We contracted our Masonry work to Spatoro Masonry for our custom home build, they were referred to us through the Mason who worked on our neighbor's home. At first Sam came across as very knowledgeable, very hands-on and trustworthy, below is a summary of our experience.
1) He is just a salesman with zero knowledge about actually getting the work done, at project start he informed us someone else was actually doing the work.
2) he is untrustworthy and you can not take his word at value. Granted we made changes from original quote as the work progressed, after having agreed verbally on what needed to be done Sam denied he agreed. Mistake we made was paying him in full, till date we are still waiting for him to come complete the work for which he was paid for.
3) His word is of no value, he left the site in a mess and would not cleanup or make arrangements to return materials not used as he promised. All he is interested in is getting paid with no value for the service he was suppose to provide.
Just to add. After almost a month Spataro without bothering to have a conversation to complete my work sent me an e-transfer of $150 as compensation for work they did not complete in their estimation after we had already contracted what was left to someone else to finish the work.
His email to me suggested he was doing me a favor Lol... Till date some of their equipment is still on my property which they left behind and have not bothered to come remove.
My advise to anyone is to not even engage them in a conversation, their front man or sales rep is full of bull.... and has no idea what he is doing
- Company Response
Reviews are welcome and help me to continually fine tune the customer experience.
Allow me to address some of your concerns here that I have also discussed with you directly.
1. Yes I agreed to come back and do the 1 pillar with an understanding that a cost would be involved as the work was not included in any of our written agreements
2. Conversely, I paid for the bobcat rental and materials that were not in the written agreements. In total, I covered $1400.00 in costs.
Techlike, I'm very sorry for this outcome and will solidly assert that I'm an honest business person and do not thwart any type of responsibility.
I have learned a lot from this experience and I thank you because my business is so much better now than ever before.Enjoy your home and I wish you and your family well.