Harmony Design & Contracting

Reviews for Harmony Design & Contracting

C & D in Wilmington
C & D in Wilmington
5 reviews Newmarket, ON

In love with our new bathroom

We had searched for quite a while to find the right person to do a reno on our 35-year-old original family bathroom but could not find anyone to take on what they considered to be a “small” job. An acquaintance recommended Greg after he had his bathroom and deck done. As others have said, Shelli replied promptly. Greg arranged to come over to give an estimate the next day – Sunday. The result is that we LOVE our new bathroom. We paid 50% down, and as Greg picked up supplies, he provided the receipts, and we would reimburse him. The price listed for the review includes everything, including the purchaes we made.
We had bought a vanity a year ago and had a particular design in mind. Greg came to take measurements and to look at our tile samples. He has a good eye for colour and design, and after looking at the tiles, he made some suggestions. We considered the ideas and then went back out to another look. We came back with new tiles and were much happier. We found some unique tiles for the floor leading us to an East Coast versus the Barn look (as in “you boys are not living in a barn! A common phrase in our home) we thought we would do. The teens, Gen Y and Z are happy as we are with the functionality as well as the great look, and we all love the fun floor. As the bathroom unfolded, I had many questions, and Greg answered all of them. Shelli and Greg both want you to be happy, and they both work hard to give you what you want.
To sum up, he removed the old bathtub, vanity, and floors, and then insulated the walls of the tub for sound. Now when someone gets up at 5 a.m. and showers before work, the people sleeping in the bedroom on the other side of the adjoining wall are no longer disturbed at all. Greg built the new shower from the ground up, including a completely new built the new shower from the ground up, including a completely new plumbing system for the rainfall shower, wand and toe tester faucet, and shut-off valves in the back of the adjacent linen cupboard. We love the ½ wall tiling all the way around the bathroom. He installed the vanity, shower doors and safety bars and re-installed the toilet. We are so happy we did not want to wait to post this, even though Covid-19 has delayed the finishing a final detail. We hope he will be available to come back to work on the master bath and a project when we are ready!

We are so happy your happy !!
Thanks so much, your a pleasure to work with and looking forward to many years together.

Deck re-build

Late last fall I hired Harmony Design & Contracting to re-design and re-build my old original deck. Shelli & Greg had proposed a new layout which gave us way more usable space. The new deck is so solid and the new layout is amazing. They came in on time and on budget which was a great relief. This is the third project that they have done in our home and they are now our go-to contractors.

It is always a pleasure to work with you
Here for you anytime
Thanks so much

Serguei in Toronto
Serguei in Toronto
1 review Barrie, ON

House repairs

I bought a new house. I needed a handyman for some various repairs. I sent a request through Homestars. Shelli responded quickly that they were able to help. Greg came as agreed and did all the work to my satisfaction. He provided professional opinion on some of the repairs and I agreed to follow his suggestions. Excellent work. I definitely recommend his service.

Thank you. We are very happy to hear that!
And look forward to working with you again.

Java.student100 from Toronto
Java.student100 from Toronto
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Bad Toilet Installation

I had this company install a brand new 2 piece toilet at my rental property last December. My tenants told me that he left the box in the bathroom after the job was completed. Also left the old toilet in the garage without taking the two pieces apart and leaving it at the curb. This was really inconvenient for my tenant as they're handicapped. I let that slide and didn't complain.

About three weeks ago, I got a call that over night, the new toilet had leaked all over and water penetrated to the ceiling downstairs. I've had toilets installed over 10 years ago and never ever had this issue, but in this case, it failed in less than a year. Anyways, sent a plumber to find the root cause. The root cause seems to have been a loose connection from the toilet tank to the bowl and a leaking connection from the water supply to the toilet.

This was a horrible experience for me and I hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else. I would stay away from these guys for any toilet installation jobs and hire a professional plumber, since these guys charge the same amount. That was my mistake and rushed myself in hiring them.

We are so sorry to hear about the leak!
We wish you would have contacted us directly, where we may have figured out the issue.
As it was over a year ago, we cannot assume the fittings were not banged by a toilet safety rail or wheeled chair or other.
The leak would have appeared quite quickly after installation.
We did bring the old toilet and box to the garage.
We would not have left it curb side as we do not know your garbage pickup dates, and was not asked to remove from premises.
Greg was very aware of your tenants disability's and would never leave it to them. Or any other client.
Our clients satisfaction is everything to us!
Sorry about this unfortunate event as always we are here to discuss this with you if you wish
416-802-8025

Miriam in Mississauga
Miriam in Mississauga

Painting and design

The Harmony Design Team were wonderful to work with. Shelli had lots of great ideas and suggestions for the general look of the house. She helped choose just the right paint colours for all the rooms. Each room was painted professionally with 2 coats of paint including all trims, window sills and closets. I would definitely recommend them.

Thank you! Happy to have helped

Robert
Robert
1 review Pefferlaw, ON

Renovations

The Harmony Design Team were great to work with. As we moved into a house that needed some improvements, Greg handled all the contractor jobs professionally, expertly and in a timely manner. If something couldn't be bought, he custom built it. No job was too big or to small. He made lots of good suggestions which many we accepted. He will be back in spring 2020 to do some out door work

Thank you Robert. Anytime

Phantux123 in Newmarket
Phantux123 in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Colour cobsultation

Harmony design and contracting were the best company to deal with. Shelli has an amazing eye for design no matter what style your trying to achieve. You can give her your vision and she will make it reality! Greg’s quality of work speaks for itself with his attention to detail. Greg demonstrated he has the knowledge and skill sets to complete any project. They are a perfect team and I would highly recommend!

Thank you so much! You are a pleasure to work with

Megan
Megan
3 reviews Aurora, ON

Efficient Quality work!

Greg and Shelli were wonderful to deal with! They were available to help within a few days!! Greg did a fantastic job hanging shelving, mirrors and bathroom fixtures!! Highly recommended :)

What a pleasure to help you!

Private User reviews Parry Sound, ON

Cottage Repairs

We had a serious problem with the piers holding up both our cottage and bunkie. Greg not only knew exactly what the cause was, he went over and above to repair the problem. Same with the dock. Saw a problem that was hidden when he estimated the job, but fixed it too.

Thank you! Glad your all safe at the cottage.

Elaine Gareau in Barrie
Elaine Gareau in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Ceiling leak

A leak through our basement ceiling needed to be investigated (to find the source) and repaired. Greg did the investigative work, found the problem in the laundry room upstairs, repaired it and repaired the ceiling drywall in the basement. We're very happy with the result. Also happy with the quick reply from Shelli.

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you, here for you any time

More about Harmony Design & Contracting

Harmony Design and Contracting has many services. Our General Carpentry side has extensive knowledge for over 35 years, a Master trades man offers attention to detail from small fixes to full home builds, specializing in home improvements such as carpentry start to finish,customer satisfaction guaranteed.

With a Certified Home Stager and Re-Designer, Color Consultation to full design specializing in finding your homes full potential, using existing items or perhaps choosing a few new to maximize your life style.
Re-Design can make all the difference.

Harmony Design and Contracting have you covered top to bottom

Let us help you beautify your space