Ra Appliance Repair

Reviews for Ra Appliance Repair

AC
AC

Unreliable & fraudulent

My Whirlpool wall ove had no power after self cleaning cycle. I read that it is a common problem with these ovens & typically the issue was a broken thermal fuse. When Zach from RA Appliance Repair came to do the diagnostics. He diagnosed a failed main control board which would cost $387.99 + tax & $199 + tax for labour & it would take at least 1-2 weeks to get the part. I asked him to check the fuse but he refused insisting that the problem was the board. I paid him $80 cash for the diagnostic but declined to order the part or agree to the service. I found & bought the part myself for $287! I called RA & spoke to Tom to ask him why there was such a huge difference in price. Tom said they had “fees” which increased their price! We found another technician who diagnosed that it was indeed THE THERMAL FUSE a $30 item! I called RA to complain & Tom said he would talk to Zach & get back to me. Still waiting!

Dishonest and unreliable

Do not hire and stay away!!! In January 2021 our washing machine broke. Waited 4 months for a new pump to come in. RA came and installed the pump and said it was under warranty. Pump does not work. Repeated emails and phone calls and no response. The pump is apparently under warranty with Whirlpool but despite repeated requests won't send us a copy of the invoice that we paid for the pump so that we can get reimbursed with Whirlpool since they refuse to respond. Countless hours and effort and stress dealing with this company for nothing. Who does this to a couple with a 1 year old during times like this? Completely dishonest and disheartening.

Daniel
Daniel

Good Service

the guys are great, they repaired everything very quickly and with high quality, very pleasant and cultured, my refrigerator stopped working, I called the number on the website and the master came to me after 30 minutes, he immediately realized what was broken and fixed everything

Hey Daniel
Thank you.

Artur in Toronto
Artur in Toronto

GOOD JOB

Called RA with questions on repairing my leaking dishwasher, the gentleman who answered the phone was happy to help and even called back to make sure I had my answers. This is an actual repair person NOT a questionable answering company looking to make a quick buck! Thank You Ra Appliance Repair !! I will be sure to contact you again!

hey Artur
thanks for the feedback

Paul Barreca in Toronto
Paul Barreca in Toronto

Dishwasher and fridge repair

Tom came to repair my dishwasher and freezer. He took a $900 deposit and I have never heard from him since. 5 Calls to his office with no response. Would stay away from Tom if I were you

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Dryer not working properly

Tom came over. Assessed I needed a dryer part he did not have in stock. Paid $100
Waited 3 weeks after repeated calls and emails. Finally he answered the phone
Appointment set. He doesn’t show up. Repeated calls again
No response. One month later still no response.
There office does not exist. It’s a storage facility.
Horrible customer service. Would not recommend.

KL
KL

Lack of Responsiveness

I had two appliances installed on different days. The second time the payment system was down and I was not able to get an invoice on the spot. I followed up numerous times by text, email and phone - either no response at all or being told that it will be looked after. So far I have not received anything - truly lacking customer service and lack of professionalism.

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Put in a new stove

Arthur came. Completed the job in 3 and a half hours. Replace a 30” stove top. Originally quoted 190.00 for service. Billed $180 more for parts. Left to get parts. Said he was going to Dollarama. Upon leaving job he said someone would be back that day to pick up box and old stove top, as he could not fit it in his car. No one has showed. Emailed company twice. No response. Disappointed, feel like I was over charged and company did not uphold what Arthur had promised.

thank you so much for the review.

vcihosky in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada M9W6L4
vcihosky in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada M9W6L4

Oven repair

The repairman came in, checked the oven, said he needs to order a new fan, collected $240 and was gone in 10 minutes. The part never arrived so I bought the fan in the store and my husband replaced it. I also cancelled the order and asked for a refund. Month later I still don't have money which was promised to me.
They are just ripping people off.

Washing Machine Inspection and Repair

Very disappointed and feel ripped off. They cleaned washing machine but they still didn't fix the machine. Told I needed a 250 dollar part but without guarantee this would fix the problem. The manager/owner was yelling at the tech guy (who was very nice but seemed a tad inexperienced) to get to his next appointment because he was late while I was trying to get some concrete answers. I spoke to the manager and he told me the same thing - the tech had to get to the next appointment even when I still had no answers - the manager on the phone told me it was the part I needed and the second visit would be no labor charge but I totally lacked confidence in this company and would not recommend them though I do feel bad for the tech guy - he was young and was treated very rudely by his boss. I want my money back!

Good afternoon and thanks for your feedback. we are always working on our interaction system and there is always something to strive for.
I met your situations very closely,
if it was not clear to you how stones got into your washing machine, nothing that we can do but you can't treat our technician for 2.5 hours simple because you are not satisfied with the answer and you do not want to order the part to complete the job.

You pay $180 to get the stones out from drum and draining pump,unfortunately pump have to be replace and by the way all part its cover by manufacturer warranty .

Thank you.

More about Ra Appliance Repair

RA Appliance Repair is a full service agent for home appliance repair in Toronto and the GTA. We are the household appliance experts. Our team can handle any home appliance issue, getting it back to proper working order in no time flat.
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in North York?