Ra Appliance Repair

AK
AK
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Fridge repair - not cooling

My LG fridge stopped cooling so I called an appliance repair company on August 16th 2022. They told me they were booked up but said they will see if they can squeeze me in. I got called back and they said the technician will arrive around 1pm.

Soon the technician arrives and says his name is Tom from RA Appliance Repair, he said he works with the company I initially called sometimes as they send him business. Ok fine, he starts diagnosing the fridge and tells me that it might be the control board that is fried, he then asks if the compressor is still under warranty, I told him yes, he then says he will make a call to his supplier so he goes out to his car. He comes back and says yeah the control board is fried and that they can order one but it will take 2-3 weeks as they need to contact LG to build a completely new board since this one is not made anymore and its on back order. It was a bit suspicious that only after he confirmed the warranty he confirmed it was the control board, but I digress. He charged me $123.17 for the diagnostic and then says it will be $429 for the parts and then $280 for the labour and that he needs a $400 deposit to make the order on the part. I said ok and sent him the deposit. Since we need a fridge I was forced to buy a small mini fridge to get us by for the next 3 weeks. After 3 weeks I called him and he said the part was still not ready, so my wife calls him and he says to her that he never told me 2-3 weeks he said 4-6. I specifically remember it being 2-3 weeks since it was written on the initial invoice he supplied me, but since i never saved it, it got overwritten with the $400 deposit I made so I could not find the original invoice. So fine, ok MAYBE I heard him wrong we will wait the 6 weeks now. But I cant go without a fridge for that long so now we buy another full size fridge as a backup since this is taking way too long.

After the 6 weeks, we call him, again he says its not ready but hes on his way to the supplier and he will follow up and call me back. Of course he never calls me back so I call him the next day he said its still not ready and then tells me if we dont get it by end of this week we can get a refund on the deposit. End of week comes, no part, no communication from Tom. I call him again no answer, call again tells me he will call back. Never does. Finally get a hold of him and he tells me lets just wait another week and if nothing he will do the refund. Of course theres no part at the end of the week so I call him but still cant get a hold of him. I called the initial company that sent him and explained the situation and they were very accommodating and helpful in trying to get a hold of Tom and to tell him to initiate my refund.

So finally on November 1st (it has now been almost three months since Tom placed the order for the part) I get a hold if him and he says he will start the refund process and it should take 2-3 days. Of course no communication from him for 3 days, I call him on Friday November 4th and he says hes still waiting for the refund? How does it take this long to get a refund and cancel something? So I called the initial company again and told them they need to deal with this guy to get me my money back asap because this is absolutely ridiculous at this point. So FINALLY on November 11th I get my money back only after the initial company apparently threatened to sue him. Apparently I wasnt the only dissatisfied customer he was jerking around (not surprising). But still I have a broken fridge, and just to remind you Tom began his diagnosis on August 16th.

I called a local Repair tech to come look at the fridge, without even looking he tells me the compressor needs to be replaced. Excuse me!? for months Tom has been telling me its a control board issue. The new tech tells me to call LG directly and they will replace it since the compressor has a 10yr warranty. I call LG, they send a tech within 2 days. The LG tech swaps out my compressor and my issue is resolved!!!! All within a WEEK.

In the end, Tom had given me a fake diagnosis or has no idea what he is doing but still charged me for the incorrect diagnosis. Made me wait 3 months with a broken fridge for a part I NEVER NEEDED. And then had to chase him for a refund for a part I never needed. Stay away from this guy and save yourself the headache. He never answers calls, or when he does he says he will call you back and NEVER does. I dont even know if he actually placed an order on the control board because initially when he diagnosed the issue I tried to ask him for the part number to see if maybe I could find it but he would never tell me, kept beating around the bush, super shady.

stanislav in Toronto
stanislav in Toronto

Washer repair

I had my washer leaking foam all night and about 7 AM I called ra appliance for emergency and they were at my doorstep within 30 minutes. Everything is great! Recommended to everyone

Stanislav thank you for your business.
Emergency service available always for unpredictable hours and days.

Artiom
Artiom

Combo Washer and Dryer

My tenant call me for stop working washer .
I called Ra for same day service , technician arrived , Repair the issue and solved the problem.
My tenant happy as I am!!
Recommended to everyone!

Happy tenant happy life!!!
Thank you!!

Yulia in Burlington
Yulia in Burlington

Samsung washer

My washer was leaking and not working properly.
Called RA,they quickly responded to my problem.
Same day.
Great customer service , really recommend.

Hey stylist I'm glad that your washer back to business!!
Thank you so much for your feedback!

Sergey in Windsor
Sergey in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

kitchen

My washing machine was broken. Called in technician came fast in a few hours. He was very polite and professional. figured out the problem very fast and fixed it on the spot. great service !

Sergey was a pleasure working with you!

Daniel
Daniel

Fridge

Very happy with the job that was done by the company.
Called for emergency repair !!!
Technician arrived in hour window and fixed right away!!
Recommended to everyone.

Hey Daniel was a pleasure work with you.
We understand how Important good working Fridge in a big family. That's way we offer same day service call.
Thank you!!

Dryer Repair

Fast response for my dryer repair. Just what i needed. Highly recommended if you want fast response.

Thank you for your feedback!

Duke19
Duke19

Amazing Job - Washer Repairs

Had a great experience with the labours and owner of this company!

Would greatly recommend this to anyone in need of appliance repairs.

Hey there
Thank you so much for the review.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Fake business - collects so called fake diagnosis fee

my GE washer at a rental condo was making noise. i searched for repair service online and found RA appliance website. there was a link on the website to book appt and i made it. The guy who called me to book appt who claimed to be the owner and said will send his tech, showed up himself (calls himself Tom). Tenant who let him in confirmed that the fake technician looks the washer from a distance for 2 min without touching anything and calls me and asked me to meet in the lobby of the building. he told that he checked the washer and it would cost 700 parts and $300/day labor (implying he may need multiple days to install the washer part). therefore the cost is more than brand new of the same washer plus install. so he knows no one will agree to such proposition and he can collect his fake diagsosis fee which is all he was interested in rather than any repair. His demeanor was as if he is from a mob family. i asked a written invoice stating what he said and he said i will get it after i pay him. he then sent me a link to pay via email and to my surprise, the email vanished from my inbox after paying using credit card. this suggest that he is a fake business. i want to report it to other consumer protection agencies. Hopefully this review would help others to not fall in the TRAP.
By the way, i found a real technician and he confirmed everying Tom said is false and fixed the washer for $245. i caontact him 2 days ago prior to writing this review and politely asked him for refund and got no response.

AC
AC

Unreliable & fraudulent

My Whirlpool wall ove had no power after self cleaning cycle. I read that it is a common problem with these ovens & typically the issue was a broken thermal fuse. When Zach from RA Appliance Repair came to do the diagnostics. He diagnosed a failed main control board which would cost $387.99 + tax & $199 + tax for labour & it would take at least 1-2 weeks to get the part. I asked him to check the fuse but he refused insisting that the problem was the board. I paid him $80 cash for the diagnostic but declined to order the part or agree to the service. I found & bought the part myself for $287! I called RA & spoke to Tom to ask him why there was such a huge difference in price. Tom said they had “fees” which increased their price! We found another technician who diagnosed that it was indeed THE THERMAL FUSE a $30 item! I called RA to complain & Tom said he would talk to Zach & get back to me. Still waiting!

More about Ra Appliance Repair

APPLIANCE REPAIR Your Local Appliance Repair Company TSSA licensed repair of Gas, Electric and Induction appliances, including refrigerators, wine coolers, freezers, ice makers, dishwashers, washers, dryers, stoves, ovens, cooktops, ranges, microwaves, top range hoods, outdoor gas grills and more. Residential and Commercial. Plus, get a FREE house-call with your repair. ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Markham?